Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

Westchester Fire Tones- Where Can I Find Them?

28 posts in this topic

does anyone have a list of each fd's tones for the fire pagers I have looked for them and have been unable to find a list of tones

The Tone Frequencies?

The Tone Frequencies?

the tones that set off the pagers for the different depts on 46.26 and 33.96

Don't waste your time looking for them. Tones for various agencies aren't given out for a reason.

NF2G.com has fire and EMS tones for many counties in New York State. You can try there.

millwood127..

If you are looking for the tones for programming the new Uniden Scanners which have the two tone system.

If you have an audio clip you can use a program called cooledit 96 to figure out the tones.

thanks but i  am looking for the list of tones so I can program my pager

are there any websites or anyone out there with a list of tones for each fd in westchester

if so please pm me

NF2G.com has fire and EMS tones for many counties in New York State.  You can try there.

site does not have westchester. anyone else know of any site or mabye have a list they cane email me or pm me with

Edited by millwood127

this is driving me nuts I can't find anything anywhere with tones for westchester mad.gif

Edited by millwood127

I know this isnt exactly what you're looking for, but scan60.com offers some good listening.

I'm not sure, but do they also list the tones?

I know this isnt exactly what you're looking for, but scan60.com offers some good listening.

I'm not sure, but do they also list the tones?

I don't think scan60 lists the tones, but I imagine the site's author would let you know if you contact him/her.

If you are looking for the tone filters/reeds just go to whoever is in charge of your radios and pagers in your dept and ask what the tone frequencies are. Or simply take apart a spare pager in your firehouse and check out the tone frequencies.

CLICK THIS FOR STEP BY STEP ISTRUCTIONS. IN THIS CASE THAT PAGERS TONE FREQUENCIES ARE 767.4 AND 810.2

Hope that helps if that is what you are looking for. But if you are looking for audio clips of the tones you wont find them. The best way to get them is if you record them with your scanner program someone mentioned.

But the Minitor 3-5's dont take the tone reeds because it can be electronically programmed as well ans the acctual frequency such as 46.26 or 33.96.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

If you are looking for the tone filters/reeds just go to whoever is in charge of your radios and pagers in your dept and ask what the tone frequencies are. Or simply take apart a spare pager in your firehouse and check out the tone frequencies.

CLICK THIS FOR STEP BY STEP ISTRUCTIONS. IN THIS CASE THAT PAGERS TONE FREQUENCIES ARE 767.4 AND 810.2

Hope that helps if that is what you are looking for. But if you are looking for audio clips of the tones you wont find them. The best way to get them is if you record them with your scanner program someone mentioned.

But the Minitor 3-5's dont take the tone reeds because it can be electronically programmed as well ans the acctual frequency such as 46.26 or 33.96.

this helps a lot but I would really like a list of tone for all fd's in westchester

Edited by millwood127

this helps a lot  but I would really like a list of tone for all fd's in westchester

You could try contacting ESS or MetroCom to see if they'll 'give' you the list. Since they are (or were 7 years ago) the predominant radio installers for a large chunk of Westchester, they definately have the lists.

I've been out of the game for some time, but that's where I would start if the Internet doesn't provide what you're looking for (which it doesn't appear to).

Just curious, why are you looking for this information?

just would like to know each depts tone

But what do you mean by a list of tones? A list of tone frequencies for example on paper......

Millwood Fire-----857.8 (not real just made it up)

Pelham Fire------576.4 (not real just made it up)

Larchmont Fire--754.4 (not Real Just made it up)

And so on......

?

Sorry if this is getting u worked up. Im just trying to understand what you are looking/asking for.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

I don't think this is generally public information - it would be too easy for some miscreant to disrupt operations by transmitting tones and activating pagers/sirens all over the place for no reason. 21st Century malicious false alarms via radio hacking.

Of course I know you have no dishonorable or unauthorized intentions but this site is a public one so the info could be accessed by anybody!

I share my colleagues curiosity about why they are being sought. After all, the only tones I ever want to hear are Station 51's! cool.gif

KMG365

Just so everyone knows, Uniden does make a scanner that can use the Fire Tones. This is why you are seeing request such as this more and more..

But as far as tones for evey Dept is just a little much.. There are so many combinations.. If you can hook up your scanner to you computer you can figure it out with no problem..

But what do you mean by a list of tones? A list of tone frequencies for example on paper......

Millwood Fire-----857.8 (not real just made it up)

Pelham Fire------576.4 (not real just made it up)

Larchmont Fire--754.4  (not Real Just made it up)

And so on......

?

Sorry if this is getting u worked up. Im just trying to understand what you are looking/asking for.

this is the exactly the thing i am looking for thank you nrfdtl11buff for giving such a great example so people have an idea of what I am looking for

this is the exactly the thing i am looking for thank you nrfdtl11buff for giving such a great example so people have an idea of what I am looking for

this is still driving me crazy mabye I sould just stop looking

You wont be able to find a list although there is probably one out there for privite uses thats not for the public.

Yeah me too. What are your intentions? you stated earlier you were trying to program "your" pager,why don't you just have your chief send it to where ever you get your pagers from and have them program it?

**PLEASE NOTE*** I'm not trying to start an argument just curious.

Edited by HFD750

I wish You can save the tones

you can if you have quicktime pro

Try contacting the communications vendor who services your FD. They might help you out. I think they will give you the tones for your own FD, but they probably will not give you the tones of all of the FDs in your area.

I have to agree with Chris that a list of pager tones falling into the wrong hands can be very bad. With the availablity of radios on sites such as ebay along with illegal copies of radio software, anyone could drive around and set off tones of FDs. Think about how malicious this would be if a firefighter's pager tripped and he started responding to the station and got hurt or killed!

I have one of the new scanners that accepts pager tones. I can see programming the tones of your FD or VAC, but why would anyone want their scanner to trip for all over the county. At that point you might as well just monitor the channel with an open carrier.