Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Are Your Hobbies?

27 posts in this topic

Whats up all...curious to see what alot of you guys do out there for fun on your spare time?

Its obvious we all share a love for emergency services, but what else do some of you do around the area or beyond to enjoy yourselves???

My hobbies are pretty much whatever the wife drags me to that day tongue.gif

Other than that, I actually just enjoy relaxing (enjoying retirement, lol). If that sounds too lazy for ya, I also enjoy skiing of course!

Watch sports...right now, College Basketball...however starting to pay attention to the Yankees since Spring Training is now in full swing (haha).

Otherwise I spend most of my free time doing things with my wife and daughter...such as driving them to the mall and carrying their bags!!!!!

Well in my spare time I watch nascar, play paintball, play play station, watch tv a lot, spend a great deal of time at the fire house, go to the gym, and hang out with my friends.

Watch wrestling, collect model trucks, and contribute to internet message boards about same.

Spend "most" weekends from spring through early fall going to wetdowns, parades and truck shows.

School and associated work, hanging out with friends, skiing, theater lighting and sound, enviornmentalism and conservation and having fun oh and going to the fire department and hanging out there not really doing anything

working on my pilots liscense when not at work at westchester county airport, like to play paintball, bowhunt and play ice hockey as well.

Pump Iron, Football Practice, Buff Jobs, Paintall, Bike, Build, Listen to music and watch ENPN and you tube videos lol.

smile.gif I have an antique fire engine old cars and an antique truck. NY Mets, going to the beach, hiking, gardening, fixing up my old house,working on my friends stock car,going to races, and traveling.

Building Stuff, Watching Yankees Baseball, Fishing, Hiking

i love music. been playing guitar and drums for about 15 years now. i also love to skateboard, been doing that for about 10 years. i really enjoy photography as well, especially of sceneries (i've got an amazing collection of Grand Canyon pictures that i took smile.gif )

Coached baseball for many years, I like to go to the gym, watching football, boxing, watching my son in his sports, music, read, projects around my house and I love to travel which I intend to do more when I retire.

cant believe i forgot that...i love the gym (physical trainer on days when i'm not in school or work), and really trying to travel as much as possible while i'm young. any recommendations anybody???

pwning n00bs (Andorhal server)

c'mon, I know some of you are part of the 8+ million

(Does 300/300 First Aid count for the American Red Cross?)

On a less dorky note, I also enjoy listening to Howard Stern and Car Talk, traveling with my girlfriend and playing any one of my seven guitars.

Edited by 242steve

pwning n00bs (Andorhal server)

c'mon, I know some of you are part of the 8+ million

(Does 300/300 First Aid count for the American Red Cross?)

On a less dorky note, I also enjoy listening to Howard Stern and Car Talk, traveling with my girlfriend and playing any one of my seven guitars.

whats good steve?

Whats your favorite setup (guitar)

[attachmentid=2031]

Electric-wise My favorite is the SG-ripoff (the darker red one). It's actually a Sigma (made my Martin) from sometime between the late 70's-early 80's that I bought on eBay. It's heavier than a Gibson or Epi SG and the tailpiece is further down, which are both good specs for my over-sized self. Trivia: The orange sticker on the headstock reads "VIOLATION" and is from a Boston parking ticket.

The bass pictured is a Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe (w/ active electronics) that I paid off by working for my dad during the summer between 9th and 10th grades.

The blue electric was assembled, painted and custom headstock by yours truly from a kit... It still needs some tweaking in the action department.

The sticker-covered purple (!) Ibanez was my first electric that I got for my 13th birthday... Best part was that on that same day I broke the ring finger on my left hand... So basically I could only stare at the guitar for a while.)

Not pictured are my black Sigma acoustic, which was a gift, my nylon-string classical guitar (which used to be my dad's, and which I snapped the bridge off of when I tried to put steel strings on it) and my Fernandez 12-string acoustic that I bought for $50 because there's a hole in it (and I don't mean the sound hole!)

Dream guitar: Gibson ES series... Maybe a 175 or a 335.

Edited by 242steve

I like to mountain bike and climb when i can...I like music...i only have 5 guitars unlike my brother's 7 i have 2 drumsets and i write my own music.....

ya, its an amazing feeling to write your own music and play it live! i use to play at the chance theatre almost once a month when i was in high school ( that place had a good sound to it, and a great crowd). whole bunch of other places too...

I dont have a collection of amazing guitars, just one or 2 out of my 7 guitars...my favorite was is my Brian Moore guitar...about 800 dollar value and I didnt pay one cent. I worked for the company for about a week with my band and as payment, got a choice of any guitar in the factory! other than that, I really love my Schecter C-1 stealth...got a couple of fenders, jacksons and ovation acoustics with a DW drumset....damn...i feel like jamming right now, lol

any recommendations anybody???

For once I would like to take a trip to a wooded ranchy farm kinda area instead of the caribbean. Maybee help someone out an a farm or somthing not that alot of would want to do that but thats what I enjoy doing for some reason....Helping people and doing hands on work.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

I have no pictures of my guitars but I have a Jackson Kelly body electric, a Ibanez EDB 700 bass , an Aria acoustic guitar, a Ovation Applause acoustic electric, and a classical guitar. I also have a pearl 6 piece drumset, and a Maxx five piece....

For once I would like to take a trip to a wooded ranchy farm kinda area instead of the caribbean. Maybee help someone out an a farm or somthing not that alot of would want to do that but thats what I enjoy doing for some reason....Helping people and doing hands on work.

My cousin's wife's family owns a ranch out in Arizona (near Sedona) that I stayed a weekend at over the summer when I traveling around there...its absolutely gorgeous out there, and although i MIGHT not be able to see myself living out there, its beauty alone could easily make someone consider it .I'd tell ya (if you knew anyone out there or just for yourself) to book a trip. see Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Tombsone is really cool, and so much more...trust me, you wont regret it.

hope this came out...

post-2945-1173058535.jpg

Enjoy flying (pilot since 1990) with instrument rating

scuba diving, although not in the north

boating and photography

Collect and Restore Gamewell Fire Alarm Boxes.

I have over 30 of them. 1880's on up to the 1990's.

Yes, 1880's! biggrin.gif

[attachmentid=2144]

[attachmentid=2145]

[attachmentid=2146]

[attachmentid=2147]

[attachmentid=2148]

[attachmentid=2149]

[attachmentid=2150]

post-3-1173965428.jpg

post-3-1173965475.jpg

post-3-1173965509.jpg

post-3-1173965542.jpg

post-3-1173965576.jpg

post-3-1173965640.jpg

post-3-1173965699.jpg

Fire/EMS/PD/ESU Apparatus, jetBlue, DPW Trucks, Code 3 Collectibles, City Of Los Angeles, City Of Boston and Wrocester, Nantucket, Metro-North Trains And Operations, Airbus Embraer and Boeing airplanes and commercial aviation, photography, Trucks, computers and the internet, Tivo, local history, reading, writing, sharing my photos and information, , beaches, mountain biking, Firefighting, Emergency Medical Services,traveling/exploring, construction, real estate, retailing, enteprneurship, and woodworking are among my many,many interests....but most of all....I am interested in doing nice things for other people.

There are a LOT more that aren't listed

Edited by x635