Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hartsdale & Goldens Bridge New 4 Guys Engines?

20 posts in this topic

A friend of mine works for a supplier of 4-Guys, and he says that Hartsdale FD and Goldens Bridge FD have engines on order from them.

Does anyone have the specifics?

Will these be the first 4-Guys in Westchester? Is 4 Guys a good company- don't hear too much bout them?

Yes... Hartsdale ordered a 4 Guys 2000 GPM pumper

they from what i am told the are a good solid company thats been around awhile although not suppling many apparatus to this area. i hear they are very willing to work with a department when working on spec's and having been in and around their rigs at varrious trade shows it seems to be a good product.. but the best way to get that info would be some one who already has one or see how ours works out for us.

Note this engine is replacing a 30 year old engine...

also yes i do believe they will be the 1st 4 guys rigs in westchester county.

Homer J. Knows Best... wink.gif

Edited by HFD23

They make a lot of tankers I believe Brewster has one and wouldn't be suprised if there is a 4 Guys tanker in Westchester.

whats this rig going to look like?

whats this rig going to look like?

yellowish-green

yes they are a good company we sent our tanker (tanker 4) to get refurbed by them

chip dont forget the blue stripe now.

I take it the new engine will be replacing 171, or will it be assigned to 169 or 170 and then that truck be assigned to 171?

We got 5 tankers from 4 Guys and they have seem to hold up pretty good. I like them and havent heard any complaints about them.

Couple of departments up in northern CT have 4-guys pumper-tankers and by what I have heard, they had nothing bu good luck with them. I know the tanker in the town next to mine if a 4-Guys and they never had any major problems wit the 10 y. o. unit.

We have a 2000 Mack CL/4-Guys tanker and we love it. Its the second 4 Guys tanker we've had. It's a small company in a very small PA town and they are very professional with better service than any other apparatus manufacturer I've dealt with. During a maintence check a few months ago we found some small issues with the body that given time would have turned into major issues and 4-Guys was able to have the problems fixed within 2 weeks of us finding them. They have amazing customer service and do amazing work. Every department that I know who has a 4-Guys absolutley loves their rigs and I have never heard any complaint about any of their rigs or quality of work. According to our replacement schedule its due to be replaced in about 4 years and I'd be surprised if we went for anything other than a 4-Guys.

post-4969-1173373542.jpg

We are replacing E139 and have ordered the new E139 from Four Guys. We will post the specs shortly.

Who is going to be making the chassis for these new engines

Who is going to be making the chassis for these new engines

Sparton...

This rig is going to be E-170...

Either The Current Pierce E-169, or 170 will become E-171 Both are 2000 pierce Dash 2000 gpm pumpers..

Edited by HFD23

Below are the high-level specs on the new E-139 that Golden's Bridge has ordered from Four Guys. Anticipated delivery is Summer '07.

* Ford F-550 4WD crew-cab chassis

* 500 GPM PTO-driven pump

* 250 gallons of water

* Portable winch with hitch receiver under the front and rear bumpers

* Red with gold striping, silver roll-up doors

Below are the high-level specs on the new E-139 that Golden's Bridge has ordered from Four Guys.  Anticipated delivery is Summer '07.

* Ford F-550 4WD crew-cab chassis

* 500 GPM PTO-driven pump

* 250 gallons of water

* Portable winch with hitch receiver under the front and rear bumpers

* Red with gold striping, silver roll-up doors

Don't these specs qualify it as a Mini-Attack?

when there chief was down at my fd for a class he told me that they were getting a mini attack. so this might be that mini attack

Hartsdale FD's Spartan Gladiator/4 Guys will be like nothing 4 Guys has built before.

I've seen the design, and I don't think 4 Guys has bullt anything like it.

The new Engine 170 is designed as a urban-esque first due engine, with added capability as a rescue pumper.

I also believe that that Hartsdale is one of the busiest departments 4 Guys has built for. Engine 170 runs 800-1000 runs a year.

Ridgefield, CT is another local career department that uses a 4 Guys engine.

Yes..E139 is our mini attack

Hartsdale FD's Spartan Gladiator/4 Guys will be like nothing 4 Guys has built before.

I've seen the design, and I don't think 4 Guys has bullt anything like it.

The new Engine 170 is designed as a urban-esque first due engine, with added capability as a rescue pumper.

Can you give us a short run down of what the specs are:

pump, tank, preconnects, hose bed, rescue tools, seating, etc.?

Speccing a rescue engine right now and we're studying as many options as possible.