Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seagrave Concorde

18 posts in this topic

Anybody have pics of any apparatus that are built on Seagrave Concorde chassis's??? i am a Seagrave fan and there seems to be no pictures of rigs that are built on the Concorde chassis. i really like the look of the Concorde and would like to see more pictures of it.

The last Concorde built was delivered a couple of weeks ago to Seaside Park, NJ. They were told that was the last one that wll ever be built.

The last Concorde built was delivered a couple of weeks ago to Seaside Park, NJ. They were told that was the last one that wll ever be built.

Wow, thats a shame. even though it was an offshoot of the American La France "Eagle" chassis, it was still a pretty nice looking cab. does anybody know the exact number of "Concorde" chassis's that Seagrave produced??

i know of 2: Baltimore City Trucks 15 & 21

the fire deaprtment where my father volunteers in has the only concorde tiller ever made

do u have any idea the name of the department that ur father volunteers with? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Wow Seaside Park NJ has the last concorde ever made It's now a very rare engine in ocean county Looks sharp BTW

do u have any idea the name of the department that ur father volunteers with? biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Somerville, NJ in somerset county about 1hr from the Tapp Bridge

oh, okay

thanks for clearing that up biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

no prob

there's a pic of it on fdnytrucks.com click on other states then somerset county NJ .........then click on somerville

White Meadow Lake Fire Company in Rockaway Township, NJ (Morris County) has a nice Concorde engine. Just saw another one for Mt. Freedon (sp?) in Randolph Twp. posted on 1st Responder.

Mount Freedom was the second to last one built. We shot both of them a couple of weeks ago. I have to post them on the site, but I scanned them last night. here are 4 of them.

post-1211-1173502520.jpg

post-1211-1173502543.jpg

post-1211-1173502615.jpg

post-1211-1173502628.jpg

Edited by e290l103

Nice pictures!!

Has anybody though what an FDNY spec engine would look on the "Concorde" chassis?? i thought it would be an interesting combination. biggrin.gif

Does anybody think that Seaside Park's Concorde Engine looks like one of Waterloo Fire Dept.'s engine's??

That's a "unique" chassis. Did Seagrave build it in 05 and quit building them in 06?

Mike

As a Seagrave fan I am not sure I like the look. I mean nice rigs, but they look almost American La France like and not seagrave. Guess I am going to have to suck it up and get use to it..... smile.gif

If memory serves me right, when the CEO left ALF and took over at Seagrave brought over this design or created it. I can't remember his name.

As a Seagrave fan I am not sure I like the look. I mean nice rigs, but they look almost American La France like and not seagrave. Guess I am going to have to suck it up and get use to it..... smile.gif

your not gonna have to get really used to them since there weren't that many made.... wink.gif