Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Long Ridge New Engine 73 (stamford)

25 posts in this topic

Long Ridge has just recieved there new Engine 73. Pics from thier website. longridgefire.com

user posted image

Engine or Pumper Tanker....pretty Big Rig......But lovin the Color though....don't see side dumps though......

WOW....thats the second new rig in less than a month...and that thing is huge! The side dumps might be in one of the covers above the wheel wells.

Edited by BedfordFire

What's up with the sudden change in colors? A little jealous of TRFD with their nice black cabs? rolleyes.gif

What's up with the sudden change in colors?  A little jealous of TRFD with their nice black cabs?  rolleyes.gif

Does TORFD have the exclusive rights to a certain color scheme?

I think not.

You would think that by getting two new fire trucks in a month, they would at least be consistent with the decals, paints, striping, etc. Compare the tanker to this and the color and striping is different. I just think they could have done a little better job. Two new rigs and inconsistent striping. It looks amateur

Getting two new rigs in a month would make me not care if the striping were inconsistent.

Especially in as much as you have two very different cab and body styles, I think the striping scheme on the engine would look very overdone when applied to the tanker.

Now, if it were two similar rigs, I could see your point.

Nice looking Must have some heavy duty cash up there

You would think that by getting two new fire trucks in a month, they would at least be consistent with the decals, paints, striping, etc. Compare the tanker to this and the color and striping is different. I just think they could have done a little better job. Two new rigs and inconsistent striping. It looks amateur

Why does it look "amature?"

Many, MANY Departments have multiple companies and all of which are lettered and designed differently to the taste and preference of the members. If it operates as it is intended to and performs it's job, then who cares if it looks like something else?! I think it looks nice but more importantly, it looks well designed to FIGHT FIRES.

Good luck with it.

As I understand it, one rig was purchased with proceeds from the Fire Act; the other was purchased as part of a scheduled apparatus replacement program.

Eh I dunno... and HME and a 4-Guys rig.... the HME isnt exactly a Pierce or a Seagrave...

Does TORFD have the exclusive rights to a certain color scheme?

I think not.

dry.gif I'm just pointing out how it's amusing shortly after TRFD takes delivery of its new rigs Longridge announced a tanker with black. I think they got a little jealous of the black rigs in TRFD.

Long Ridge has just recieved there new Engine 73. Pics from thier website. longridgefire.com

user posted image

That cab and etc. setup (excluding paint job) looks EXTREMELY similar to Stamford Fire Dept. look of cabs

Mike

I think both rigs look great, the engine especially... good luck with it!

The City of Stamford has an exclusive contract with HME. If the volunteer companies want the city to pay for it, it has to be HME. The individual companies paid themselves for all extras on top of the base engine. That is why the SFRD engines are pretty basic and the volunteer companies are loaded up with options.

I always liked tke HME chasis and cabs. they are solid. The HME/Saulsbury we have (E118) is built like a tank, I remember when it came in 1993 how impressive it was, and almost 15 years later it's still a workhorse.

Nice rig...I am originally from the "big 5" system and this is one of the nicest rigs I have seen up there in quite some time...2nd of course to TRFD's new Seagrave.

Thanks to Stuart Teitelbaum of Long Ridge fire for this photo.

post-1726-1175385810.jpg

Edited by nutty1

Why does it look "amature?"

Many, MANY Departments have multiple companies and all of which are lettered and designed differently to the taste and preference of the members.  If it operates as it is intended to and performs it's job, then who cares if it looks like something else?!  I think it looks nice but more importantly, it looks well designed to FIGHT FIRES.

Good luck with it.

585 you hit the nail on the head in my opinion. It does not matter what the rig looks like. The question should be is it functional. A good looking rig does not mean it will function well, or be able to put out fires better than an “ugly†rig. I am not trying to bash anyone but we focus so much on looks, that we overlook the important things, like how much water does it hold, what kind of pump does it have and so on. More importantly does it meet all the needs of the department? Yes it is nice to have a good looking rig but that should be second. In my opinion a nice rig is a rig that has been specked to meet the needs and demands of the department not how it looks. Just my 2 cents.

The First Black over Red rig in Stamford was actually one of the former Rescue 77's from Long Ridge which had a black roof on the body. So really this is a return to the color scheme for Long Ridge. But who cares about all those other colors anyway? Fire Apparatus is supposed to be WHITE.

Apparatus is supposed to be WHITE.

Well Henry Ford had his way with cars and apparatus. "You can have it any color, as long as its black!" smile.gif

I heard this rig already had some tranny problems? Anyone have more details?

They had transmission problems for sure, but I don't remember the specifics. Whatever it was seems to be fixed now, the rig was on the road last week.

Heard that Stamford has not been too happy with the HME's...if so, why would more keep coming in? They are pretty nice looking trucks though, especially TRFD E62 and Long Ridge's new one. I wonder if one is on the horizon for my old volunteer co. (Belltown)??? I suppose good looks aren't everything.

Heard that Stamford has not been too happy with the HME's...if so, why would more keep coming in?  They are pretty nice looking trucks though, especially TRFD E62 and Long Ridge's new one.  I wonder if one is on the horizon for my old volunteer co. (Belltown)???  I suppose good looks aren't everything.

Well considering HMEs are the budget of all budget rigs.... I am not surprised... 62 from my understanding also had some issues with its structural integrity and that put it OOS for some time. Personally I dislike HME because of their lack of a good track record... Stamford seems to be no different.