Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY Rescue 1

45 posts in this topic

it is a beautiful rig. one thing that really sticks out to me is hearing the "Q." i know it is not the real thing but it is still nice to hear.

one question though. after looking at the pic i realized that all of the lights are recessed in. is their any reason for that, functionality wise.

Edited by eng158

it is a beautiful rig.  one thing that really sticks out to me is hearing the "Q."  i know it is not the real thing but it is still nice to hear.

one question though.  after looking at the pic i realized that all of the lights are recessed in.  is their any reason for that, functionality wise.

I'd say a fit problem with the station.

Mike

Mike

could be but i doubt it considering the mirrors would stick out further, but for all i know you could be right on.

the lights are rescessed so they will have them next week. blink.gif

Do i want to know why this thing has mirrors then?

Mike

the lights are rescessed so they will have them next week. blink.gif

I believe you are right on, also note the HD rubber rub rails low and high to help protect what is on the sides of the body.

Mike

FDNY specs for all their apparatus have recessed lights and also hand rails. This style started with the first Seagraves that were delivered in the 90's were mainly designed for both the stations and also the tight streets, ect.

anyone know how shes holding up so far, and if the company is happy with her?

Also if anyone else has noticed.......all the new T.A.'s (Traffic Advisors) on the new rigs are coming with a Center 3rd Brake light in them aswell, Love the Idea....Brewster does the same just with small 200 or 400 series LED's

Mike

Fits in the firehouse just fine.

anyone know how shes holding up so far, and if the company is happy with her?

The rig has some issues...the usual little things that you always seems to find when you get a new rig. Ask this again in 12-18 months. That should be a pretty decent time table to see how this new rig will hold up for us.

another

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

ALL PHOTOS COURTESY OF SKIPTON

can anybody explain to me why the passengar side of the rescue box has windows and the driver side does not?? i've always wondered why the bodies were made like that. i know its the same way on the E-One/Saulsbury rigs.

can anybody explain to me why the passengar side of the rescue box has windows and the driver side does not?? i've always wondered why the bodies were made like that. i know its the same way on the E-One/Saulsbury rigs.

The driver's side has compartments above the bench where we ride...and our maks are located. There is a shelf where the windows are located. Having the windows allows light and air into the box. These rigs are well laid out, there is a place for each and every tool. The Saulsbury /Mack MR rescues of the late 1980's early 1990's had windows on both sides. They replaced the shelf and windows on the driver's side with the compartments that are in the Pierce and the E-One/Saulsbury.

The driver's side has compartments above the bench where we ride...and our maks are located.  There is a shelf where the windows are located.  Having the windows allows light and air into the box.  These rigs are well laid out, there is a place for each and every tool.  The Saulsbury /Mack MR rescues of the late 1980's early 1990's had windows on both sides.  They replaced the shelf and windows on the driver's side with the compartments that are in the Pierce and the E-One/Saulsbury.

okay, thank you for clearing that up for me

Great picts

Y is is there a scapel ( How ever u spell it) in front of station?

Edited by dave27

Great picts

Scaffold, perhaps?

no credit to homer218 for the videos

Scaffold, perhaps?

That be it LOL Thanks

no credit to homer218 for the videos

Woops, sorry about that.

credits to homer218 for the videos

Great picts

i was kinda wondering the same thing myself.