Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNY 10-75

Looking to buy a new camera

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade from my 3.2 mega pixel sony p-32 with only digital zoom, to something with 4.5-5.2 mp's with optical zoom. I am just a teen and only have about $340. Does anyone have any reccommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Eli :D

Thnaks for the help, I am looking for something with a few more megapixels though. :D

If you want more megapixels, you're gonna spend more money for a quality camera 4.0MP's is not too shabby, of course more is always better, what are you planning to use the camera for?

IMHO, the above camera is the best you can buy for the money you want to spend. I doubt a Digital SLR is in your price range.

Also, don't forget to watch Ebay....but BE CAREFUL! Or get out there and earn some more money to buy a bigger MP camera!

You get what you pay for....hopefully!

Do you have a rough idea what you would like? I have a Samsung V4, which is 4.0 megapixel. I am currently awaiting a small windfall. Once I get that I'm gonna get the big buck Canon Digital Rebel. Not too sure when, but if you can hold out for a while, it might be worth your while. PM me if your'e interested and let's see what we can work out.

Also, don't forget to watch Ebay....but BE CAREFUL!  

To elaborate, there are a fair amout of "grey market" cameras on ebay. These usually lack any warranty.

Also, don't forget to watch Ebay....but BE CAREFUL!  

To elaborate, there are a fair amout of "grey market" cameras on ebay. These usually lack any warranty.

You can find those in Brooklyn, lol.

I was more referring to someone who may be upgrading their camera and selling their old one on Ebay. I'd never,ever take a risk buying a grey market camera. It's not worth it,IMO. Sure you may get lucky every now and then, but again not worth it.

Im having a hard time getting good shots in. they always come out blury. i might get one good one out of 5. This is mostly at night.....anybody have any suggestions

When using a digital, check your modes. My Sony digital has two night modes (Moon and Moon+). I find that if I accidentally have them engaged they tend to yield blurry pictures. IF you can make due without that mode, use something else. I find I get a lot of good shots in landscape mode. Of course if you are shooting at night you might need the extra exposure time to get a good shot in. You just have to play with the settings and find what works best for you. Most commonly, blur is caused by movement while the shutter is open. If you can, use a tripod. Nighttime mode results in the shutter being open longer to gather more light. In the end it comes down to trial, error, and experience. YMMV

Id like to suggest..

Canon S500

5MP

small, compact, get a large CF card.

check pricegrabber.com

under $340

good luck

John

the NIKON D-70 Digital SlR would be the way to go its an amazing camera with unlimited use and wonderful and easy use. easy to learn if u are advanced