Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

SCPA Police?

20 posts in this topic

OK, I had something new thrown at me this morning.

I was resting in bed, when I heard a siren. My bedroom overlooks Central Ave. in Hartsdale, and I heard a siren. As per normal, I peeked over at the window, expecting it to be the usual Greenburgh PD car, flycar, or bus with the sound of the siren.

What passed by my window suprised my. A white Dodge Charger, with large SCPA Police lettering on it.

I was impressed with their Charger lit up with LED's, but it left me with questions. I've never seen them in Westchester before. What are they (NY Animal Police?), where to they respond from, and what would be a reason for them going Code 3?

A white Dodge Charger, with large SCPA Police lettering on it.

So is it SCPA, or SPCA? I don't mean to nit-pick, I have just never heard of the SCPA, and was curious is you mistakenly typed it in and meant SPCA.

smile.gif

Edited by xfirefighter484x

...and what would be a reason for them going Code 3?

There is none. They always drive like that. To every single call they get. Very, very reckless. I have seen it first hand, more than once.

Are they academy trained, sworn NYS Police Officers? And what type of powers do they have?

Are they academy trained, sworn NYS Police Officers? And what type of powers do they have?

I've seen that car. It looks very sharp.

According to the website, they say that they are working towards having every agent a NYS peace officer.

I'm about 99% sure that ASPCA in NYC are peace officers. They do carry.

So funny that I'm reading this thread...

Just yesterday I saw the same style car [i don't know if it was THE car] tearing A$$ through Yonkers and Mt. Vernon. At the time MVPD was dealing with a couple of loose dogs so I thought perhaps it was requested.

Anyhow I was definately taken back that they would drive so fast for an animal complaint...

Edited by paramedico987

I've seen that car. It looks very sharp.

According to the website, they say that they are working towards having every agent a NYS peace officer.

I'm about 99% sure that ASPCA in NYC are peace officers. They do carry.

According to Animal Precient on Animal Planet the officers of the NYC ASPCA have full police powers

I saw this car today on the Cross County cutting through traffic lights/siren. No reason for this. Was there a cat holding a gun to a dog's head somewhere?

I saw that same car going L&S NB on 684 around 10 AM this morning. Must have been a forthwith for a wild boar or something.

They are PEACE OFFICERS (per the NYS CPL) and are required to go to the standard 40 hour peace officer course (80 if they have firearms). They are NOT POLICE OFFICERS!

I saw this car today on the Cross County cutting through traffic lights/siren. No reason for this. Was there a cat holding a gun to a dog's head somewhere?

Nice! only cause Truck 4 refused to go on the bird stuck in a tree job on Morsemere...j/k and lmao!!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for animal protection, especially what some morons do to their pets, but I don't understand the priority response part of it?

Kind of goes back to:

Animal Rescue...Emergency or Not?

Not only in the fire service is in not a true emergency, but there is really no reason unless the dog is actively biting a person and will not release or you are being chased by a rabid raccoon that can run faster than a cheetah!

On the dog bite...we have ESU thanks...no need for SPCA to come in blaring unless they want to bandage the shooting victim!

Update:

They now have a television commercial. Coming soon to push you out of the way!

It they are PEACE OFFICERS and while ON DUTY have POLICE OFFICER powers

and they decide to go Lights and Sirens everywhere WHO CARES!

I've also seen the Dodge Charger SPCA car blowing thru Route 9 in Peekskill.

If they are permitted too OK.

If not, the first nice Crash and no more Code 3 runs.

I just hope they hit ME! Cha-Ching... $$$$

If they are driving RECKLESS then someone should pick up the phone.

As far as the NYC ASPCA you see on Animal Planet they are ALL

NYS Peace Officers and carry Firearms, most are retired Police Officers

and it's run VERY PROFESSIONAL.

I don't know it ASPCA in NYC and SPCA in Briarcliff are the same agency.

PS...........

Truck 4, It was a barricaded EDP.

Dog under the influence was holding 3 Cats, 1 Bird, and Snake hostage.

SPCA ESU handled. lol

GRRRRR I guess I will have to think before I kick the cat off the bed next time LOL biggrin.gif

I've also seen the Dodge Charger SPCA car blowing thru Route 9 in Peekskill.

If they are permitted too OK.

If not, the first nice Crash and no more Code 3 runs.

I just hope they hit ME! Cha-Ching... $$$$

If they are driving RECKLESS then someone should pick up the phone.

Truck 4, It was a barricaded EDP.

Dog under the influence was holding 3 Cats, 1 Bird, and Snake hostage.

SPCA ESU handled. lol

Lol on the dog. But that lawsuit could put them out of business if you get half a million from them.

Mike

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but are SPCA officers acutally employed or are they volunteers? According to auxiliary-police.org, they are volunteers (or atleast some are)