Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Boston's Beautiful New Rescue 1

14 posts in this topic

Would be better if it was an E-ONE to fit in with the high regards that Boston has of E-ONE. (For everyone who doesn't believe me: just look at EMTBravo New England!)

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

Love the Mars 888's.... It just needs a RotoRay to be perfect. Also in front of the bumper is an awful risky place to put the Q considering Boston traffic and what can happen.

Winter Park, FL's two new Quantum's are nice, but I'm still a fan of a more traditional looking rig.

Boston's somehow looks better than most. Maybe it's the traditional door steps instead of the fold downs.

Edited by mfc2257

Love the Mars 888's.... It just needs a RotoRay to be perfect.  Also in front of the bumper is an awful risky place to put the Q considering Boston traffic and what can happen.

Winter Park, FL's two new Quantum's are nice, but I'm still a fan of a more traditional looking rig.

Boston's somehow looks better than most.  Maybe it's the traditional door steps instead of the fold downs.

You and those darn roto-rays!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

You and those darn roto-rays!!!!!!!!  tongue.gif

I agree the roto ray would be distracting in traffic

See, now i think the open, plate steps detract from the look - i like either steps covered by the doors, or the flip steps, which i just think are too cool.

I'm not a big fan of the Quantums, although they have grown on me some. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the Dash or Arrow when it comes to the big rigs.

You and those darn roto-rays!!!!!!!!  tongue.gif

I agree the roto ray would be distracting in traffic

Yeah I know... Either you love them or hate them. Personally I love the look of the twin 888's with the RotoRay in the middle.

BUT... I also have to say that I am much more into function than I am into form.. SO if there are money issues with the rig and more equipment is needed, then the RotoRay can go to make sure the rig is well equipped.

The fact that the body is white over red, but the cab really isn't makes it look strange.

Also, MFC2257, see the Q2B is protected by 2 steal bars. Yonkers does the same.

See, now i think the open, plate steps detract from the look - i like either steps covered by the doors, or the flip steps, which i just think are too cool.

That style of not having fold down steps was actually started by New Haven FD when they had a problem with the flip down steps up on the highway with the jersey barriers (I think they were using a demo). When they ordered their first Quantum, they had the fold downs replaced with traditional barrier doors and steps. me personally, while fold down steps are nice, they are really not that functional.

The fact that the body is white over red, but the cab really isn't makes it look strange.

Also, MFC2257, see the Q2B is protected by 2 steal bars.  Yonkers does the same.

i agree, that paint style is a little weird with only the top perimeter of the cab painted white and more than half of the body painted white. its also a good thing that they have 2 steel bars protecting the Q-Siren. those twin 888's are pretty nice but in my opinion, on this particular rig, it just doesnt look right.

I have heard that the new Rescue 1 will be in service within a few days!

Reflecting on that pic a little more, I LIKE the white on the box. If only they did the same white over red on the cab.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

I have heard that the new Rescue 1 will be in service within a few days!

Reflecting on that pic a little more, I LIKE the white on the box. If only they did the same white over red on the cab.

Mike

yeah, i agree. if they did the same thing with the cab it would look a lot better. i thought it was also very unique that they have the triple reflective stripe going in an upward position on the front rounded corner of the rig. thats not really commonly seen.