Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

COPS Filming Locations

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where COPS is currently filming, or any website where to f? There website is useless, and I couldn't really google anything, except for they may be filming in Austin, TX.

I wonder if COPS has approached Yonkers or Mount Vernon PD's to film there? I'd love to see COPS ride with their ESU's, would make for a great episode.

Also, plenty of CT PD's with action around to film with- Stamford, Norwalk, Bridgeport, New Haven, etc.

The only NY departments I recall them riding with is an NYPD ESU supervisor (they caught a good pin job and an airbag job) and Buffalo PD.

I can see bosses being a little hesitant to allow cameras to film their department in action, but from what I understand the final cut of the episode is shown to the department brass for approval before airing.

And I wish they would return to Los Angeles.

If I remember correctly, I believe they filmed in Norwalk years ago. I am unsure if it ever aired or not. But they would get some good footage now, as they are very busy lately.

Edited by dmccabe

some of my all time favorite COPS episodes were in early in series Jersey City & Philly Pa

Wish they could film in Yonkers...but

They also did several recent episodes in Bergen County, NJ with Bergen County Sheriff (?) I believe.

Edited by WAS967

Wish they could film in Yonkers...but

Yonkers would be a good place to film... by the way my computer is sideways to look at your aviator... biggrin.gif

Edited by HFD750

Never mind Yonkers, how about the Vern!

Ha!! both good citys to film in...I'd say Harrison... But you'd fall asleep...

They also did several recent episodes in Bergen County, NJ with Bergen County Sheriff (?) I believe.

They did filming with the Passaic County Sheriff's

If I remember correctly, I believe they filmed in Norwalk years ago. I am unsure if it ever aired or not. But they would get some good footage now, as they are very busy lately.

yea but the should wait till the hood blows up again.

They would probley run out of film at the Vern.

One of our members, JCESU, was in one of the Jersey City episodes that aired in Febuary of 2001. It was the one where the security guard was locked by perps inside a shipping container trailer. He's the really built guy whos arms are bigger than my torso and working with the female officer. He was patrol then but ESU now.

It reruns all the time on Court TV, G4, or one of the other networks that air COPS reruns.

In NJ, they've shot mostly with Jersey City and Passaic County Sherrifs. I'd love to see them shoot with Newark.

BTW, I'm reading this awesome, hard to find book called "The Jump Out Boys", all about being a COPS cameraman. Very interesting how they do things.

Court TV has a new show coming out this summer with City of Middletown(Orange County)Police & MCPD SWAT Team.

One of our members, JCESU, was in one of the Jersey City episodes that aired in Febuary of 2001. It was the one where the security guard was locked by perps inside a shipping container trailer. He's the really built guy whos arms are bigger than my torso and working with the female officer. He was patrol then but ESU now.

That episode was hilarious...poor guy!

Edited by Oswegowind

I may be remembering this wrong, but I head that a few years ago COPS did contact Stamford PD but the Chief at the time did not believe in any real media interaction and turned them down.