Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

FF Carmine Viggiano, Yonkers FD (Retired)

9 posts in this topic

VIGGIANO, CARMINE

Hero Yonkers Firefighter, Carmine Viggiano, of Peekskill, NY and Manchester, VT, passed away on May 21, 2007 at the age of 66.

He was a Firefighter for the City of Yonkers from 1966 to 1995.

A highly decorated Firefighter, Mr. Viggiano was New York State Firefighter of the Year in 1974 and the recipient of a Class I Award, two Class III Awards, one Unit Citation and one Letter of Commendation. These awards are on display at the Yonkers Firefighters Museum.

Mr. Viggiano was born on June 9, 1940 in Yonkers, NY to Frank and Catherine Vetrano Viggiano. He served in the US Navy from 1957 to 1961 aboard the USS Antietam. On July 22, 1961, he married Rosemary (Pat) Taylor at the Resurrection Church, Rye, NY. Mr. Viggiano is survived by his wife, Rosemary (Pat) Viggiano of Peekskill, NY and Manchester, VT; three children, Rosemary (John) Brewer of Clifton Springs, NY, James Thomas Viggiano and Michael John Viggiano, both of Peekskill and two grandchildren, Catherine Rose Brewer and Tiffany Nicole Brewer. Also survived by two brothers, Joseph Viggiano of Wappingers Falls, NY; his twin, Frank Viggiano of New City, NY, and a sister, Margaret Gorman of Myrtle Beach, SC. He is also survived by his loving family, friends and his second family, the brotherhood of the Yonkers Fire Department.

Calling hours are Thursday and Friday from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home. The Funeral Mass is Saturday, 9:45 am at the Assumption Church. Cremation to follow at Ferncliff Crematory in Hartsdale.

JOSEPH F. NARDONE FUNERAL HOME

414 Washington Street

Peekskill, NY 10566

914-737-1363

Carmine's son, Michael Viggiano is a Career Firefighter with the

City of Peekskill Fire Department.

VIGGIANO, CARMINE

Hero Yonkers Firefighter, Carmine Viggiano, of Peekskill, NY and Manchester, VT, passed away on May 21, 2007 at the age of 66.

He was a Firefighter for the City of Yonkers from 1966 to 1995.

A highly decorated Firefighter, Mr. Viggiano was New York State Firefighter of the Year in 1974 and the recipient of a Class I Award, two Class III Awards, one Unit Citation and one Letter of Commendation. These awards are on display at the Yonkers Firefighters Museum.

Mr. Viggiano was born on June 9, 1940 in Yonkers, NY to Frank and Catherine Vetrano Viggiano. He served in the US Navy from 1957 to 1961 aboard the USS Antietam. On July 22, 1961, he married Rosemary (Pat) Taylor at the Resurrection Church, Rye, NY. Mr. Viggiano is survived by his wife, Rosemary (Pat) Viggiano of Peekskill, NY and Manchester, VT; three children, Rosemary (John) Brewer of Clifton Springs, NY, James Thomas Viggiano and Michael John Viggiano, both of Peekskill and two grandchildren, Catherine Rose Brewer and Tiffany Nicole Brewer. Also survived by two brothers, Joseph Viggiano of Wappingers Falls, NY; his twin, Frank Viggiano of New City, NY, and a sister, Margaret Gorman of Myrtle Beach, SC. He is also survived by his loving family, friends and his second family, the brotherhood of the Yonkers Fire Department.

Calling hours are Thursday and Friday from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home. The Funeral Mass is Saturday, 9:45 am at the Assumption Church. Cremation to follow at Ferncliff Crematory in Hartsdale.

JOSEPH F. NARDONE FUNERAL HOME

414 Washington Street

Peekskill, NY 10566

914-737-1363

Carmine's son, Michael Viggiano is a Career Firefighter with the

City of Peekskill Fire Department.

May he rest in peace.

Today (Thursday) was the 1st day of the Wake.

The Viggiano family saw a large turnout of Firefighters,

Police Officers, EMT's, family, and friends.

I only hope the large turnout will continue at the Wake again

tomorrow (Friday) and (Saturday) at the Church.

RIP FF Carmine Viggiano

I would like to extend my thanks to the Peekskill Brothers on behalf of Sta. -4 -Yonkers.Carmine was 1 of the most professional firefighters i have had the privilege of working with.The hospitality you have shown to Carmine's family is what this job is all about.Thank You!

I'd like to second that. I spoke to many of the members of the Peekskill FD at the wake and they were very eager to extend a hand. We're lucky to be part of the great family that FD's, PD's and EMS share.

Thanx to the Peekskill FF's.

Rest in Peace, Carmine !

Rest in Peace Carmine. And thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Viggiano Family.

As part of Carmine's family, I too would like to extend my thanks to all that attended his wake and funeral. The turnout really shows what true family we all are in the fire service!

The LARGE gathering at the Centennial Hose Firehouse after the Funeral Mass

with the Viggiano Family, Friends, Yonkers FF's, and Peekskill FF's I have no doubt

made Carmine Viggiano and the whole Viggiano Family VERY PROUD!!!!

Carmine's pain and suffering is OVER and we all celebrated his LIFE!

He was true HERO Firefighter and loved by everyone who knew him.

Yonkers FD is a great bunch of guys!