Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Ladder 49

22 posts in this topic

Oct 1st and the members are off to see the long awaited Ladder 49

Post your opinion !

My buddy is actually down in Baltimore right now. He knew someone from Baltimore FD and he was able to get tickets to see it at the same theatre where the actors had the preview. I talked to him earlier and he said that the apparatus used in the movie, Ladder 49/Engine 33 were down there and he was able to get pics of them. Hopefully i can get them from him so i can post them.

Well, I is saw the matinee today in Cortlandt.The movie is worth seeing and John Travolta does a good job. The story is just ok and the fire scenes are more "HOLLYWOOD" than I Expected.Again it is worth seeing and I enjoyed the day at the movies.Check it out and decide for yourself . :D

Just got back from seeing Ladder 49. Two thumbs up IMHO

Buffs. Don't you know your supposed to turn off all cell phones and pagers during the movie! :-P

I think the pagers going off was a bunch of BS reporting. I was in the same showing and I didn't hear anyone's pager going off at any time.

Nice reply 585, HAHAHA, but the pagers did go off 2 times. It was a good show but it woulda been better if the news people were NOT there!

I saw it on Sunday. Excellent job- Yeah, there's some Hollywood, but overall- great movie, and protrays Firefighters correctly, not like the "Cowboy" Kurt Russell, or the "Drunk-Woman chasers" on Rescue Me. Good Job, worth spending the money to go see!!

THE MOVIEWAS VERLY GOOD :D =D> 8)

I finally saw it last night & i must say i was pretty impressed! Dave, you know you loved the attention from the media bro lol! I was very impressed with the terminology that was used, very life like! I also liked how the entire movie was a flashback of Jacks career as a firefighter, very cool! The depiction of life as a firefighter, and the brotherhood & comraderie was very real too! The fact that they showed how it can be rough to be a family man when you're on the job was real cool too. John Travolta definately did his homework to direct this film! Some of the scenes were very Backdraft-like, but it was all good! All in all, i thought it was a good flick & definately worth going to see! Keep in mind though, if you are trying to get on the job, you may wanna leave the wife or girlfriend home, this movie will definately make them nervous lol!

I also went and saw it last night - very good film.

Not just from a Firefighter's perspective, but overall the story was good. Extremely sad, but good.

A tear jerker to say the least.

i went to see the movie and my view was very good better then backdraft i am gonna see it a few more time it was that good they did a really good job on making that movie.

it was good but also very sad

LADDER 49 is the movie of the year*

I lovedthe look though the window in the control room looking out at the end very cool

It sounds SO good, I really want to go see it. LOL, by the time my shcedule frees up though, it'll be out on DVD!

After that post by Swankie, you don't need to see it!!!!!!!!!! :-P

Well, I finally saw Ladder 49.

Shawshank Redemption gets bumped to #2, Ladder 49 is now my all-time favorite movie!!! It was very exciting, inspirational, and also very, very sad. I absolutely hated the ending, but at the same time, it reflected a harsh reality.

As for the technical details, I felt it was extremly realistic. The authenticity of the firefighting details was awesome for a movie, and the special effects were too.

A million thumbs up to Ladder 49! I will be going to see it again in the theatres, and also purchasing it on DVD when it comes out. I'd also love to see a companion movie, Engine 33. GREAT movie!!

Ladder 49 was an awsome movie, definatley worth the wait. the actors portrayed firefighters so well and i actually saw people crying at the end. i guarantee civilians who go see it will appreciate even further what firefighters do and sacrifice. i give it 2 thumbs up. =D>

The main character attended fire training for 6 weeks prior to the filming of the movie.

Ladder 49 would have made an awesome TV series as well, had they not killed Jack. :-(

great movie.yes it would have made a great tv series =D> =D>

i finally got over to see it... i give it 2 thumbs up!!! =D> =D>