Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

"Out Of Control"-A Training Gone Bad Video

10 posts in this topic

During a controlled burn scenario to train firefighters, the siuation goes south quickly as participants learn that gasoline has been used as a accelerant to enhance the blaze. Add to the mix two trapped firefighters, their rescuer, and a pumper which won't go into gear and you've got one of hell if a mess.

Why the hell did they use gasoline? Wood all around would be a large enough hazard by itself due to ease of ignition. Add gasoline to that mix and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm glad the hose crew didn't get hurt.

Mike

This is a true example as to why instructors or dept training officers need to be up on laws and standards pertaining to live fire training. Also, this video re-affirms the need for wearing proper PPE, proper laddering of the building, a second means of water supply, and an incident command system in place. This drill became an incident.

NFPA 1403...Period. Nothing like a sense of urgency on anyone else's part.

Seth do you know if there is a way to save this for training purposes or where I might be able to get it?

http://vixy.net/

use this to change any youtube movie and save it to your computer. it free and all you do is paste the web address from the movie and click "Start"

E...tried to save a couple video's from youtube on my laptop with vixy. It said it saved it but when I try to play it I get the audio but the video doesn't play. Anyone got any ideas?

E...tried to save a couple video's from youtube on my laptop with vixy.  It said it saved it but when I try to play it I get the audio but the video doesn't play.  Anyone got any ideas?

ALS, try this extension for FireFox. Never used it, but it has good reviews.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390

E...tried to save a couple video's from youtube on my laptop with vixy.  It said it saved it but when I try to play it I get the audio but the video doesn't play.  Anyone got any ideas?

did you make sure the pull down menu was on the right selection? other then that it could be a driver? sometimes these computers can be a pain.

Yeah it was on the right setting...I'll try one of my computer geek buddies to assist further. If my one buddy can't figure it out then I know it can't be done.

ALS, the classrooms don't have internet? If so, too bad. Otherwise you could just play it as is from youtube.