Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL2L31

Mount Kisco's New Engine

11 posts in this topic

Saw Mount Kisco's new Pierce engine tonight at Pleasantvile and I must say it is a great looking rig. Good luck with it. Any word on your new ladder? We will be going out to the Smeal plant this summer to see our own rig at hope to sneak a peak at yours.

Does anyone have photos of Mount Kisco's new Engine? Didn't even know it was delivered.

Independent fire co.

post-3857-1180983266.jpg

Thanks for posting that photo, nice engine. But I thought Mutual was getting the new Engine??? To replace the Mack?

its a nice rig but the cab looks big is it a 10 man?

Thanks for posting that photo, nice engine. But I thought Mutual was getting the new Engine??? To replace the Mack?

Both Companies are getting new rigs.

From what I've heard, and hope to confirm it here, is that the rig is outfitted with seatbelt sensors and will not roll unless all seat belts are secure. If so, how does this system work, and how well are your firefighters adapting to it?

I doubt it won't roll with the seatbelts unbuckled, but there's propbably an idiot light and audible alarm. The system works with a weight sensor in the seat. Similar systems are all ready in place in most new cars for seatbelts as well as airbags going as far as to control the force with which the airbag deploys depending on how heavy the person in the seat is.

THe New Engine 106 is a 10 man cab. It carrys 1000 gallons of water and 60 gallons of foam. In the cab there is an LCD control screen. When the parking brake is released and someone has not buckled there seat belt, an alarm goes off and a diagram of the cab comes up and it showes you which seats are occupied and not buckled up. The Engine can still be driving, but let me tell you thet alarm that does off will drive you nuts... Oh and yes, the Engine has rollover side airbags too..

Check out www.ifco13.com for additional pictures of the new Engine etc

Edited by nwsafetyguy

From what I've heard, and hope to confirm it here, is that the rig is outfitted with seatbelt sensors and will not roll unless all seat belts are secure. If so, how does this system work, and how well are your firefighters adapting to it?

Just an FYI for everybody, all new emergency vehicles have the seat-triggers for belts in them. I believe this is either a federal DOT and NFPA standard now.

engine 104 is being built at pierce. hope to see it for kisco parade? the ladder is in nebraska waiting for paint, looks good.