Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYPD Fleet Maintenance

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where NYPD recieves and outfits their cars and vehicles???

Also, where is fleet maintainence done?

I know they have a facility in Queens, and I've passed by it, but it doesn't seem that big.

Must be a massive recieving lot.

The repair shop you see in Queens is Queens Central Repair. That is like the HQ for Fleet Services. The major jobs like rebuilds and stuff are done there. That is also where "new car" is. When new purchases are done that is where they install equipment. Around the corner is the radio shop, and that as you can figure is the place the new computers and radios are put in.

Each boro has a "fleet services shop" Some have two, and the boro is split on where they go. Some have specialty stuff like a body shop as well. These shops are where most of the PM stuff is done. They will also do some of the liter work mechanical wise. The major sutff goes to queens.

The place that the department usually gets the cars from has an office in LI City, but the shops are out in NJ. I can't recall the name off hand but you can get state bid stuff from them too. This plant also does the markings on the sides witht he exception of the command and car number, and they also don't put on the department seal.

x635 likes this

Major Police Supply in NJ is a Vendor for the NYPD supplying the vehicles with lights and stripes. Like said above the cars then go to their quartermaster in Queens.

Is Warnock Ford/Chevrolet the supplier?