Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ford Econoline's 2008 Nose Job

8 posts in this topic

I know this has been discussed here on the forum before.

Here's what the 2008 Econoline looks like. Basicually everything is the same exept for the nose (all Ford truck noses seem to be simlar, much like what Dodge then Chevy did across their truck fleet):

[attachmentid=2847]

According to the Ford Fleet page, and the following article, no diesel engine will be offered, and the Ford page only lists the F-series as it's ambulance packages. Although it seems cutaways will be offered for RV's.

Stupid, stupid move on Ford's part. They are going to lose a ton of market share if they don't offer a diesel, and I can't see a diesel fleet going to gas. Looks good though.

Read the article at this link:

2008 Ford Econoline

Has anyone heard anything different then the above?

post-11-1180994872.jpg

Thanks Reliance1.

Here's the text from that Ford CANANADA announcment:

E-Series 6.0L Diesel Announcement

Ford Motor Company reached an agreement with

diesel engine in the 2008 E-Series. The diesel option

E-350 regular length wagons, E-350 vans, E-350

Timing: The diesel engine will not be available for

2008 model year, August 6, 2007, as production timing

stages. Additional ordering, scheduling and pricing

communicated to you as soon as it is available.

Wonder if this is applicable to the US vehicles, with different emissions standards?

I was sent info that FORD is going to start offering the diesel motor again for the late 2008 models. It will be the same motor they have been using and they will pay huge fines because they will not meet the new EPA standards. It will cost less to pay the fines then to lose business from ambulance services all over the world.

Seth,

We just took delivery of our first 2008 chassis. The exterior, especially the nose takes some getting used to-there is quite a difference between 07 & 08. The interior I give an A+ for the changes made that provide a better and convenient work environment. The best part I would have to say is that the new diesel engine is so so quiet its great. after 8 hours and 90 miles a night the banging of the diesel of yesterday really suck compared to the 08.

Rick

Seth,

We just took delivery of our first 2008 chassis. The exterior, especially the nose takes some getting used to-there is quite a difference between 07 & 08. The interior I give an A+ for the changes made that provide a better and convenient work environment. The best part I would have to say is that the new diesel engine is so so quiet its great. after 8 hours and 90 miles a night the banging of the diesel of yesterday really suck compared to the 08.

Rick

Any pictures

I was sent info that FORD is going to start offering the diesel motor again for the late 2008 models. It will be the same motor they have been using and they will pay huge fines because they will not meet the new EPA standards. It will cost less to pay the fines then to lose business from ambulance services all over the world.

But for now, the push is on for Chevy.....doesn't look bad at all. Still, Ford owned the ambulance market....it is stupid moves like this why they are losing money and the competitors are getting the edge.

Rick, you guys took delivery of a Econoline or F-series chasis with the new 6.4? I've heard good things about the new engine too.

[attachmentid=2993]

post-11-1182901885.jpg

From my Horton rep...Diesel E's start rolling off the factory line again October 1, 2007.