16 posts in this topic

Look at this thing. Tons of room to work. laugh.gif

[attachmentid=2977]

[attachmentid=2978]

[attachmentid=2979]

post-3859-1182724298.jpg

post-3859-1182724315.jpg

post-3859-1182724328.jpg

WTF!!!! how in the hell are you soposed to do anything in that little thing??

In the volly sector we hear the term "clown bus" but a clown car for an ambulance WOW!!! rolleyes.gif

Yeah, but check those response times...

Yeah, but check those response times...

Yes I agree with you on that, but speed shouldn't be a big factor in makeing an ambulance, but safety on the other hand should.

I wonder if it's the Cayenne Turbo... the new ones have a twin turbo v8 with 500 hp and 520 ft/lbs torque cool.gif ! I agree speed isn't a factor here-but on the Autobahn I would bet it is LOL!

I want one smile.gif

Nice so when the person goes into cardiac / respitory arrest, the driver can drive codes 3 and bag at the same time ohmy.gif

hell, i'd love to see that as a flycar!

hell, i'd love to see that as a flycar!

Now that would certainly be something..............imagine that on I-684

Back in the late 80's I used to spend some summer weekends up at Lime Rock Park in CT - On the IMSA Prototype race weekends there was a Medical Response car that was staffed by a Race Doc and driven by a licenced race driver that was designed to be able to get out on the track in a hurry, amongst the race cars who might still be at speed. It was a Porsche as well, a 928, with a set of first response medical gear and a Hurst (or similar) tool under the rear hatch. Somewhere I have pix of it, after I am off the crutches maybe I'll see if i can find and scan it. I did a quick web search, and find that Porsche currently supplies IMSA with at least 2 Turbo Cayennes similar to the one shown above outfitted with medical gear, rescue tools, and fire suppression gear for just that purpose to this day. I have also seen BMW cars with similar purposes.

Edited by wcr20

The Porsche Cayanne has an FD package available in Europe for chiefs cars. A few years ago Porsche made a small push to test the waters for PD, Fire and EMS but got no serious takers. Once in a while a photo of the demos pops up, but I haven't seen any pressed into service.

It is my understanding that a lot of public safety vehicles in Europe are designed to handle the historic small streets in most of their cities. To us, who are used to our Type 2s and Type 3s, it seems like a waste. I remember when Ford went to the smaller designed vans thinking it wasn't going to work. But, as we all did, I adapted.

that seems a little dumb. where the heck do you keep the equipment and how on earth do you do any work on the patient? it would make a better fly car than an ambulance.

that seems a little dumb. where the heck do you keep the equipment and how on earth do you do any work on the patient? it would make a better fly car than an ambulance.

Even as a flycar there still isn't a lot of room for equiptment.

Paul

That thing is so fast that it will put Chris192 and all the other choppers out of business!