Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Seaside Heights, NJ BAD Motels

13 posts in this topic

Ocean Glow Motel

Ocean Terrace @ Hancock Avenue

Seaside Heights, NJ

Very Overpriced and offer NOTHING! Rooms are horrible, 20 FT by 20 FT box white cement block walls. two beds, small TV and bathroom. shower drips, some toilets run or don't work? Yea. The A/C unit is in a window in the bathroom with the small fridge. No phones. No dresser. Absolute worst motel I have ever been too.I would never stay at Ocean Glow again even if FREE. Caution: They try to play games with your credit card "security deposit"

Sea Breeze Inn

1502 Boulevard

Seaside Heights, NJ

Very Overpriced and don't offer much . Rooms are better than Ocean Glow Motel (same owners) but the bathrooms are dirty, horrible paint jobs. the bed mattress and box spring need to be replaced. no phones. I would never stay at Sea Breeze again. THEY BOTH SUCK!

rolleyes.gif

Excellent post Seaside Heights has been on a downward slide for years best bet is to day trip also note you should behave in both seaside park and Heights (Seaside Heights has all the nice stuff do to all the tickets and summons they give out same with Seaside park) while we are on the topic of seaside heights they are expecting a new ALF 100 foot Mid mount towerand new Pumper/rescue

they dont call it Sleazside for nothing...... nice during the day, dont wanna be there at night.....saw someone getr shanked.....and they beach always has people procreating on it

I go every year with the kids and stay at the Belmont. Never stay over a weekend. They love it. I like it there. Then again I have been going there for 25years now. Can be over priced but that is expected.

Edited by DES630

Parents used to own summer home in Seaside I still enjoy the day trips Seaside park Volunteer fire co had some impressive classics back then

Park and Heights are like day and night. I've been going to Seaside for 30 years and the Heights has always been crap. I can't say enough great things about the Park. The hotels in the Heights have been a rip for years. Next time try the Windjammer and some of the hotels in South Seaside Park.

SSP took delivery of a Seagrave Concorde in November to replace the Mack C. Has to be thier first new rig in about 20 years.

http://onthejobny.com/gallery/New-Jersy/ocean/

http://onthejobny.com/gallery/njfires/album17/

Vodoly- do you have an idea of when the Heights is getting those new rigs?

That's why I always did and still do, go to the Hamptons. At least ya get what ya pay for, and then some. It's a whole different atmosphere. laugh.gif

I LOVE Seaside! Coral Sands is also pretty bad. It needs to be updated and cleaned. The Aztec is ok. It has a great view and location, it became a little expensive.

If anyone is going there this summer, ENJOY!!!

I happen to own a condo in Seaside Heights - the north end. Had vacationed there for years when my kids were little. Always stayed at the Aztec. Although it is over-priced, it is convenient to all. Was always pretty clean, too.

They have recently been trying to clean things up down there. They are going to have to do something because new condos are going up all over the place and they are asking around $700,000! Who's going to pay that in Seaside Heights?

Had a fire in my condo 2 years ago - the Seaside Heights F.D. did an excellent job!!! A friend was staying in my condo and the bedroom a/c unit caught on fire. I went down there expecting to find a lot of damage, but the FD did a great job. Only a lot of clean-up from the dry-chem. They took a lot of care in protecting our property.

As far as motels, I hear that the Sunburst is nice - know someone who stays there. During prom season they hire a cop to stand outside the place. Was down there last weekend, beach and boardwalk were very clean.

If you can deal with a lot of tatoos and earrings - it is not a bad place to go!!

I always thought the Heights looked a little too much like Asbury Park for my taste. Even on a couple of long weekends when I was a kid (in the 60's-70's), I thought it was seedy looking. I went down to Point Pleasant and Belmar a couple of times on overnight fishing trips, and they were "okay."

As previously mentioned, I also found that Jersey shore local law enforcement was a little too overzealous about gathering revenue from the out of towners-specifically New Yorkers. My family and I sometimes visit Montauk, which has nicer beaches, nicer hotels, and nicer (and fewer) people.

Hey Stepjam, don't forget the nicer restaurants and the incredible sunsets in the TAUCK! wink.gif

Ill be going to seaside on friday for a week I go every year we rent a house with friends so I dont know about the hotels, I must say it is a good spot for eye candy wink wink. biggrin.gif

As a native "Shore guy," I can tell you that if you're going on vacation to Seaside Heights, then it's probably better if you get a group of friends together and rent a house for a week. The houses are a lot nicer than the motels, which during the off-season, serve as "no-tell" motels.

If you want to go down the Shore, then the best places for you to go are Point Pleasant Beach/Boro and some places farther south like Little Egg Harbor, Long Beach Island, Barnegat, and Cape May.