Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

A Dodge Ambulance!

10 posts in this topic

As many of you may know, I'm a huge Dodge fan.

Recently, Wheeled Coach announced they are making a Type I ambulance on a Dodge 3500 Series Cummin Diesel chasis.

Finally!!!!

This demo looks great, and Wheeled Coach has really improved their quality recently.

post-11-1183324406.jpg

post-11-1183324395.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how well these go over with ambulance providers. But it does look like Ford does have some competition. Now, who'll throw their hat into the Type II arena???

I just bought a new Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab with the new 6.7L Cummins, Aisen 6speed auto, and factory installed Jake Brake.... Awesome rig. I've historically been a Ford man and loved my F-350 Powerstroke, but it doesn't hold a candle to the new Dodge. I'll say that the Ford has a slightly higher quality interior. The new 6.4L Powerstroke feels great in the highway, but the twin turbos don't spool up nearly as fast as the Cummins with variable nozzle technology.

A few things though... The motor when equipped with the automatic is rated at 350hp & 650lb/ft of torque. The manual trannie has a de-tuned rating due to clutch issues and is rated as advertized at 305hp & 650lb/ft of torque. I'd assume that meat wagons would be coming in auto's so I think they are under reporting the engines power for this application.

My brother-in-law has the identical truck as mine but with a Hemi and 0-75mph or so he can't keep up with the diesel rig.

Can't wait to see a few ambulances on Dodge chassis.

Edited by mfc2257

not bad looking.it is nice it see some competition out there!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Edited by DOC22

Its been a long time coming. Finally a dodge chassie that can hold a box. Our shops put one together many years ago and it was involved in 4 wrecks. We are already looking a buying 2 of them.

Personally, Wheeled Coach is my sh*t list of ambulance manufacturers. I've had a number of bad experiences and have not been impressed by their shoddy craftsmanship. Either way, it is nice to see other makers stepping up and helping the industry when Ford left us high and dry.

Its been a long time coming. Finally a dodge chassie that can hold a box. Our shops put one together many years ago and it was involved in 4 wrecks. We are already looking a buying 2 of them.

As I said, it'll be interesting to check out. When I first started in 1989, my company had 2 widebody Dodge vans (we called them the Guppies) that were backup units for our Children's Hospital Transport contract. Very unstable, top heavy SOBs. You really had to be careful driving them.

it may look great but in the end its still just a DODGE

Personally, Wheeled Coach is my sh*t list of ambulance manufacturers. I've had a number of bad experiences and have not been impressed by their shoddy craftsmanship. Either way, it is nice to see other makers stepping up and helping the industry when Ford left us high and dry.

I think it was International that left Ford high and dry because of the new 2007 EPA ratings on the Diesel engines and wanted more money for them

A Hemi-Powered Ambulance..... In the words of Borat, NIIIIIIIIIICE!

-Joe DA BUFF