Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Where My Youngs At?

48 posts in this topic

Ardsley NY Engine 164 Working the Selecto Fire. Spring 1985

This Fatal afternoon fire in distribution warehouse located next to the NY State Thruway (I-87) near the Ashford Ave bridge. Apparatus worked for many hours in this fast moving blaze.TR54 O/S

post-23-1187843742.jpg

Does anyone have any pics of snorkel 2 in action? either new or old?

Does anyone have any pics of snorkel 2 in action? either new or old?

Was Snorkel 2 Bedford Hills ?

Tallman Young Crusader Snorkle- Still in service ! It serves with the Randolph, NY fire department out my way in in the Southerntier of Western New York. I have photographed this rig while getting service work at my work, I is quite a sharp looking and running rig!

post-6972-1190549646.jpg

Last I knew Westhampton Beachs's Young Crusader was in Vermont for sale. I don't know if it still is or not.

Was Snorkel 2 Bedford Hills ?

Snorkel 2 was Verplanck which is now located in middleburg

that randolph ny is sharp looking rig.is that bright red or is it the picture?

pentax02839:

It is that bright red. Also the sun was hitting the truck perfect on that side when I took the picture.

well keep up the great work

Anyone out there give me some info on the name and where abouts of the tree trim company that has/had the Elmont/East fFshkill young snorkel in Dutchess county. I am the Historian for the Elmont FD...thanks

Anyone out there give me some info on the name and where abouts of the tree trim company that has/had the Elmont/East fFshkill young snorkel in Dutchess county. I am the Historian for the Elmont FD...thanks

Ladder47...the snorkel is being stored up on 9G behind nicholas oxygen..not sure of the correct address sorry. That snorkel was the first aerial I ever operated when I first joined East Fishkill..I loved that truck and it was a sad day when we got rid of it...wouldnt mind getting back into the house. I do believe I have a pic or 2 of the old 39-11 and 39-15..just gotta find them!!

post-7183-1193719620.jpg

post-7183-1193719663.jpg

post-7183-1193719713.jpg

Edited by effd1055

Here is a photo I took at the Training center back 88-89 ??.

Ardsley Engine 164

post-1209-1193741025.jpg

Ladder47...the snorkel is being stored up on 9G behind nicholas oxygen..not sure of the correct address sorry. That snorkel was the first aerial I ever operated when I first joined East Fishkill..I loved that truck and it was a sad day when we got rid of it...wouldnt mind getting back into the house. I do believe I have a pic or 2 of the old 39-11 and 39-15..just gotta find them!!

Thanks for the info Brother!!! What town is that in? Is the truck still red and white or is it painted another color now? Is it still owned by the tree trim company? Here's some pics of it in action in Elmont.

snorkelaction1.jpg

Edited by Ladder47

Another 2...

snorkelaction2.jpg

snorkelaction3.jpg

Edited by Ladder47

A few towns away from Elmont is Hempstead they had a sister truck but painted yellow, a few acton shots from the mid 80's

hempsnorkel.jpg

hempsnorkel2.jpg

Edited by Ladder47

Thanks for the info Brother!!! What town is that in? Is the truck still red and white or is it painted another color now? Is it still owned by the tree trim company? Here's some pics of it in action in Elmont.

snorkelaction1.jpg

The town is called Hyde Park and yes it is still red and white...the only thing the tree company changed was the writing on the boom. Now the boom reads " Rusty Goat Tree Service", they still have 39-45 on the door but have removed all East Fishkill lettering.

Thanks Brother road trip in my future!!!!!

No problem....anytime!!