Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

Getting a Passport? Wait in line and then keep waiting

10 posts in this topic

News12 is doing a story on this subject as well as many other media sources. Apparently there is an unusual delay at this time in receiving passports. The US government is overwhelmed with applications and are rehiring personnel that are familiar with processing applications due to the workload. Moral of this story is that if you are planning on leaving the country anytime, you'd better get your application in, well in advance. Don't get left behind on your trip and lose money! Travel is great by the way, and there are many places that I can't wait to go see! I already have my passport though so I am in the clear...

Story from LoHud.com: Related Story

And wait until next year when you have to have it to enter by land and sea.... ;)

And maybe soon enough, just to fly around the country domestically (redundant, I know).

Has anyone ever used an online site to get a passport faster? I just realized I need a new one for September. I just found a site that looks interesting www.rushmypassport.com Are these reputable sites?

If you need a passport for September I would call the processing center in Stanford CT and get an appointment this week. You'll pay more but you'll have it.

This info. comes from an expert, my wife, who has been a travel agent for 19 years. Most people know WAY in advance when they are going to travel on an international flight, the closer to the depature date, the more expensive the ticket, so most book months in advance. Whether you're looking or booking, check the expiration on a current passport or plan on applying BEFORE you book the trip. An expedited passport can be done in 2-3 weeks, provided all the paperwork is correct.

There is no more Pasport Office in Stamford, it moved to Norwalk a couple of years ago. The Ferguson Library in Stamford has a Pasport desk, but I think all they do is accept the paperwork and fees and mail it to DOS for you.

I just put in for my Passport last Thursday and I was told it would take about 10 to 12 weeks to recieve it.

I had heard that there was some problems with passports & was concerned about missing my trip. I had even questioned about the on line request as well as hemmed & hawed at the post office. I then went into Goshen, the Orange Co Govt Center.

At first I was getting this hole you are bothering us thing. I fixed one small problem, paid the rush fee $65. & got my passport in 3 weeks. Good luck.

I went to the Greenwich, CT Post Office on Greenwich Avenue.

They were very efficient and nice.

I had previously downloaded the forms from the State Dept. website.

I called for an appointment and got one later that same day (pictures and all).

They sent the passport expidited just in case and I got it last week.

The only downside was that there is an extra fee to "rush it through" :(

Christian