Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Woman sues over NYC pipe explosion

20 posts in this topic

everyone is trying to make some money, they are exploiting every little thing just to get that extra dollar

I don't pretend to know what this woman's life is like, but just because life is hard doesn't mean she's entitled to money. I by no means support Con Ed (I think they do a really poor job on a lot of things), but this doesn't seem right. This entire problem would be solved however, if lawyers would stop encouraging this sort of ridiculous law suit and stop trying to earn millions by agreeing to bring these cases to court. No venue provided, no money payed out!

Im getting sick and tired of these by-standards pissing and moaning how ohh it brought back so many memories and now I have PTSD. Yeah well so do I but you dont see me crying about it. I like many other brothers and sisters in NY were at the WTC and yeah I got screwed up after but you know what we dont gloat about it. Society has decided to dig down this far as to say oh my sister this and my sister ya know what I say about that, go back to your upper east side loft and SHUT UP.

Money, Money , Money....Money!!

Give me a freakin' break!!!

I think I'm going to sue her... Her frivolous law suit brings back horrible memories of when my time was wasted to do jury duty for some slip and fall nonsense.... just thinking about it make me unfit to do my job, I'm going to have to take some time off!

I think I am going to go back a sue every patient I have been around because I now have a cold.... :rolleyes:

give me a break!

Well that was fast. I'm still a little unsure how money can stop her seeing these flashbacks if years of counseling can't, but maybe that is just me.

Anyone else reminded of that episode in Rescue Me where Lieu is sharing his 9/11 poetry with the PTSD group, and they're all breaking down and it turns out they were barely even indirectly affected? :rolleyes:

Gee, who didn't see this one coming?? This is pretty sickening. Your head is messed up because you lost your sister, ok fine. This happens and you get more messed up?? SEE A FRIGGIN SHRINK!!!! If you were hurt by the accident physically, then sue the pants off Con Ed.

I'm messed up from Sept. 11th too, I've dealt with fires and other incidents that were incredibly stressful. I'm still chugging away. My advice to this lady is very simple. Shut yer piehole and go get some mental help. You live near GCT, you can sure as hell afford it you whiny snooty strumpet.

PS, get ready for more of these.

Edited by JBE

Acctualy now that I think of it I watched the steam pipe explosion on wnbc news channel 4 NY. I have falshbacks of the images every 8 minutes now. I think I will sue both NYC for the explosion and wnbc for providingthe live pictures of the scene.... :rolleyes:

Dorf's attorney, Kenneth Mollins, said Dorf suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and "a legacy of fear" from the 2001 attacks.

WTF!!!!! :angry: So is the 343 FDNY 23 NYPD and 37 Port Authority family members are going to sue too!!!!!!!!!! saying Tuesday that the explosion brought back horrible memories. Like everbody that was there or knew someone that was killed didn' bring back memories. I think people have them evey day.This women wasn't at the towers it was her sister. "He said the lawsuit is intended to force Con Ed to improve maintenance of its infrastructure" I love when people sue they say that it is not about the money!!! If that is the case sue con ed for paper clips then or some of those nice blue con ed hard hats, :P

Dorf's attorney, Kenneth Mollins, said Dorf suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and "a legacy of fear" from the 2001 attacks.

Then move out of the freakin city!! :blink::blink:

I have to admit, I still have the occasional flashback from my experiences, but once I heard the preliminary report by 21 Engine, any thought of a terror attack pretty much disappeared.

WTF!!!!! :angry: So is the 343 FDNY 23 NYPD and 37 Port Authority family members are going to sue too!!!!!!!!!! saying Tuesday that the explosion brought back horrible memories. Like everbody that was there or knew someone that was killed didn' bring back memories. I think people have them evey day.This women wasn't at the towers it was her sister. "He said the lawsuit is intended to force Con Ed to improve maintenance of its infrastructure" I love when people sue they say that it is not about the money!!! If that is the case sue con ed for paper clips then or some of those nice blue con ed hard hats, :P

If the legacy of fear is her problem she should be suing the media for their coverage of this and every other suspicious event over the past 6 years. Long after it was announced that this was not terrorism the media would only go as far as "there are reports that this may not be terrorism related".

How about we just throw this case out of court and outlaw extraordinary cases like this one to be no longer possible for people to sue about this stuff.

Mike

I woke up today to my alarm clock and had a flashback to waking up to my alarm clock yesturday... I need to sue too.

Why don't we all just sue everybody over anything that upsets us......Lawyer up...

can i sue everytime i hear sirens because it reminds me of 9/11?

How about we just throw this case out of court and outlaw extraordinary cases like this one to be no longer possible for people to sue about this stuff.

Mike

Because that would be the logical thing to do.

If she even gets past a preliminary hearing I will laugh. And if she does, I humbly request that every one of us go to her lawyer and demand class action status, so that if she ever sees a dime, she has to split it with the rest of us.