Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlcougar2001

Stepney,CT Volunteer FF Arrested For Impersonating Police Officer

18 posts in this topic

Monroe man accused of posing a police officer

July 26, 2007

(Monroe, CT-AP) _ Monroe police have charged a 19-year-old man for impersonating a police officer after he allegedly pulled over a real police officer.

Police say Nicholas Ferrigno, a volunteer firefighter in Stepney, had pulled over a car Tuesday night and identified himself as a police officer.

Police say Ferrigno began to berate the driver for failing to stop at a stop sign. That driver happened to be off-duty Westport police office Robert Lopiano.

Ferrigno has been charged with impersonation of a police officer and released after posting $250 bond.

ANOTHER YOUNG IDIOT TRYING TO BE A HERO. I HOPE HE IS NOT ALLOWED BACK IN THE FIRE SERVICE ANYWHERE. WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE OURSELVES AS VOLUNTEERS BE EQUAL AND THEN SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THIS. ITS JUST STUPIDITY.

They allways make us look bad. I hope he gets the max for this

Damn Jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Didn't this just happen last week on Long Island?

Honestly at this point all I can do is sit back and LAUGH! Loser :angry:

I bet he won't do that again. LOL

One day someone is gonna pull over a guy who just Robbed a Bank and

he will be in for a nice surprise!

On a side note:

I am currently saving up some cash so I can buy a Chopper and pull over Chris192

Dumber then a box of rocks........

Didn't we just hear about this happening elsewhere? This is really ridiculous. This brings up a couple questions for me though. First is how was the firefighter able to pull the cop over? I assume he turned on his blue lights, but the police officer works in CT and should know what a flashing blue light signifies,right? Do some police in connecticut utilize just blue lights?

The second applies to all branches of emergency services. An emergency vehicle on the road with no lights or sirens on is considered just like any other vehicle, correct? THey must obey any and all traffic laws, right? ie stopping at stopsigns and redlights.

Didn't we just hear about this happening elsewhere? This is really ridiculous. This brings up a couple questions for me though. First is how was the firefighter able to pull the cop over? I assume he turned on his blue lights, but the police officer works in CT and should know what a flashing blue light signifies,right? Do some police in connecticut utilize just blue lights?

The second applies to all branches of emergency services. An emergency vehicle on the road with no lights or sirens on is considered just like any other vehicle, correct? THey must obey any and all traffic laws, right? ie stopping at stopsigns and redlights.

I always pull over for volley lights (blue and green). I'm assuming the officer did the same thing and was then surprised to see this a** follow him to the roadside. I would love to have one of these idiots do this to me.

Yes any emergency vehicle must follow all VTL when no responding in emergency mode.

I can't believe that he was released on just $250 bond, that seems alittle low. I feel it should be much higher for impersonating a police officer.

" ryanmacEMT Posted Today, 02:46 PM

I can't believe that he was released on just $250 bond, that seems alittle low. I feel it should be much higher for impersonating a police officer. "

I agree, the bond should have been alot higher. These idiots just make it harder for all the genuine Police Officers to do our jobs especially when it comes to Traffic Stops.

isn't this the second time some idiot tried to pull over a car and it wound up being a cop? come on why is this kid doing that if he wants to be a cop, join their force, but stop making us look bad

Though I agree that this kid should have not done the stupid thing he did but that Westport cop should have still received a ticket for CT statute 14-301 aka failure to obey a posted street sign!

My reaction is "DUH!" I mean what is he thinking?

My other thought is, how many times does this happen and no one is caught...cause it seems to happen enough generally....not everyday but probably more than what we hear

I just love these badge heavy types that think they can just flash whatever badge is in their wallet and people will bow down and not question their authority. Agencies need to screen their people much better before they give them their tiny tin star.

I guess in the end FIREMAN just want to be COPS. LOL

Well, I guess we're gonna have to teach the Police how to fight fires and teach Firefighters how to be Police Officers.J/K

Dumber then a box of rocks........

Dumber than the box the rocks came in

Cops doing firefighter's jobs and vice-versa...Port Authority Police NY-NJ seem to be doing a fine job at that.

isn't this the second time some idiot tried to pull over a car and it wound up being a cop? come on why is this kid doing that if he wants to be a cop, join their force, but stop making us look bad

I think he's blown any chance of that.