Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester Airport Runway Capabilties?

8 posts in this topic

Just out of curiousity, is the Boeing 737/717/Airbus A320 the largest planes the runway at Westchester Airport can handle?

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KHPN

Over 120,000 # landing weight must have prior permission.

But, wouldn't the size aircraft also depend on the length of the runway?

Edited by huzzie59

One of the presidents (I forget which one) landed at Westchester in a Boeing 757 once. That was one big airplane.

The problem is not just runway length but the weight capacity of the taxiways and ramps to park them one. 150,000 pounds is a lot of weight!

One of the presidents (I forget which one) landed at Westchester in a Boeing 757 once. That was one big airplane.

The problem is not just runway length but the weight capacity of the taxiways and ramps to park them one. 150,000 pounds is a lot of weight!

Vice President Cheney flew into Westchester County Airport about 2 years ago I believe, however I don't remember what the exact size of the plane was.

Vice President Cheney flew into Westchester County Airport about 2 years ago I believe, however I don't remember what the exact size of the plane was.

He had the 737. I believe when the 757 landed here they had to check the runways/taxiways for damage after landing and takeoff.

I've been at the airport when then V.P. Gore came in. A C-130 carrying his motorcade vehicles landed. Very big, very loud.

Not to hijack the thread, but we flew out of and into Westchester Airport over the past 2 weeks on Jet Blue - Very nice experience both ways...thanks for the advice all.....

C-5's are bigger and better