Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

"I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" Real Rigs ?

10 posts in this topic

Can't complain since I got in for free, but this movie was quite lousy and overly vulgar like every other Adam Sandler film.

Were those real rigs used? Did not appear to be the usual ones from pixxcars.com or movietimecars.com. I believe the firehouse used was someplace in Brooklyn, but some of the early scenes of rigs enroute to jobs may have been done in Los Angeles.

Usually when training rigs are rented, the filmmakers stick on non existent firehouse numbers.

But that wasn't the case this time...never saw a movie rig with a tiller either until now.

FYI: The first fire of the turreted building was actually done on St. Nicholas Avenue uptown.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

Can't complain since I got in for free, but this movie was quite lousy and overly vulgar like every other Adam Sandler film.

Were those real rigs used? Did not appear to be the usual ones from pixxcars.com or movietimecars.com. I believe the firehouse used was someplace in Brooklyn, but some of the early scenes of rigs enroute to jobs may have been done in Los Angeles.

Usually when training rigs are rented, the filmmakers stick on non existent firehouse numbers.

But that wasn't the case this time...never saw a movie rig with a tiller either until now.

FYI: The first fire of the turreted building was actually done on St. Nicholas Avenue uptown.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

Bummer....so it wasnt as good as it looked like it was going to be? The trailers I have seen were funny. But than again you sometimes have it where they show all of the funny parts in the trailer and the rest of the movie flops bad....hope that wasnt the case here!!

Anyone know if they were the real trucks or not? Thats interesting.

Stay safe

Moose

Bummer....so it wasnt as good as it looked like it was going to be? The trailers I have seen were funny. But than again you sometimes have it where they show all of the funny parts in the trailer and the rest of the movie flops bad....hope that wasnt the case here!!

Anyone know if they were the real trucks or not? Thats interesting.

Stay safe

Moose

Every single person I know who's seen it said it was hilarious.

Every single person I know who's seen it said it was hilarious.

And Jessica Biehl is in it.

are you guys crazy...it was a great movie, one of the funniest I have seen in awhile. Keep in mind it is a movie though and not a fire training video, so that aspect is not realistic.

The Firehouse was E-280/L-132 on St. Johns Avenue in Brroklyn. I haven't seen the movie(probably a rental for me) But they use fictional numbers in most, if not all movies or TV shows.(Exception is Ladder 54 in the Fantastic Four, in the bridge scene) But, it wasn't a spare or reserve FDNY rig, just one painted to look like one. If you can tell me what you saw, I could probably tell you what was what.

Edited by JBE

I know it's a bit off the subject, but... Bad movie, bad acting, awful portrayal of fire service. (Sorta like Backdraft) Kevin James plays the exact same character in "King of Queens", only he's a truck driver, not a truckie...

Nope they brought there own rigs. The film was shot at my buddys firehouse in broklyn. They rented it out.

did they use any extras from the firehouse?