Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladder44

Does anyone know how the trains operate?

9 posts in this topic

this might be a question for seth but is anyone fimliar with the trains in this area and how they operate, any info would be great so PM me please asap

Some run on electricity, and some on diesel fuel. 90% of the time they travel North or South and on occasion goes sideways by design of the tracks beneath them. There are 3 lines, for MetroNorth side; Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven. Most efficient designated driver and easiest commute to NYC from the Suburbs. They operate on a schedule.

MTA Schedule and General Info-CLICK HERE!

Tonight - my Wife and Sons were at the Wassaic train station (near the rail trail) and watched a train come in - they were talking to the engineer and he let my boy give the air horn a few toots...made his day!

He's a big train buff...

They operate..........on tracks! :P

They also go Cho Chooooooooooooooo! Chug-a chug-a choooo chooooooooo. Once upon a time there was an engineer. Choo choo Charlie was his name we hear.... For the "older group" here!

Hee :P:P

You push the lever forward and they go forward, you pull it back and they stop. :D

Funny <_<

I believe he means how the transfers work from Ct to NYC.

Does anyone know if 2morrow is on peak or off peak? I dont understand that stuff.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Funny <_<

I believe he means how the transfers work from Ct to NYC.

Does anyone know if 2morrow is on peak or off peak? I dont understand that stuff.

All day tomorrow is off peak, same for this Monday because it is a Holiday and they operate on a modified (similar to Sunday) schedule.

Peak hours are rush hour times...in the morning trains into NYC are effected...in the evening trains from NYC are effected.

Just look at the schedule...shade of gray indicates peak times.

And what transfers from CT to NYC...physically transferring from train to train??? of when they transfer by switch from track to track?

All day tomorrow is off peak, same for this Monday because it is a Holiday and they operate on a modified (similar to Sunday) schedule.

Peak hours are rush hour times...in the morning trains into NYC are effected...in the evening trains from NYC are effected.

Just look at the schedule...shade of gray indicates peak times.

And what transfers from CT to NYC...physically transferring from train to train??? of when they transfer by switch from track to track?

Thanks, Give him a PM. Im not sure.