Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Broken Pagers

20 posts in this topic

anybody have any stories about breaking pagers/ or radios and how many you have been through? I personally have been through 4

Haven't broke any... But lost 2 pagers at work.

Motorola Minitors II can't swim .... thats all I can say,,, LOL :rolleyes:

I've had two batteries go dead on my Minitor.

I had an actual radio/pager break as well. My current radio/pager which was brand new doesn't always open the channel when a tone comes through. I'd estimate that 1 out of every 30 pages doesn't come through. Its annoying, especially when someone has to call me and let me know.

the first one i broke wasn't really my fault, the speaker died. number 2 was all my fault i left it on the front bumper of the brush truck.... it held on for about a minute and then was well we don't need to go there. Number three dropped in the toilet. number 4 got caught on my seatbelt and broke the belt clip off, and number 5 has survived for about 4 months so far, but i probably just jinxed that.

Pagers gone through one minitor 2

3 minitor 3's

survivor minitor 4

the first one i broke wasn't really my fault, the speaker died. number 2 was all my fault i left it on the front bumper of the brush truck.... it held on for about a minute and then was well we don't need to go there. Number three dropped in the toilet. number 4 got caught on my seatbelt and broke the belt clip off, and number 5 has survived for about 4 months so far, but i probably just jinxed that.

Pagers gone through one minitor 2

3 minitor 3's

survivor minitor 4

You lost one to the toilet :unsure: - Must have been some stronger stuff in there than the time mine ended up in there! It was a quick grab - then copius amounts of soap and water. We both survived that one!

My current radio/pager which was brand new doesn't always open the channel when a tone comes through. I'd estimate that 1 out of every 30 pages doesn't come through. Its annoying, especially when someone has to call me and let me know.

My problem with the current pager is that it goes off for no apparent reason - most annoying in the middle of the night and I just hear static. Now, it's not as sensitive as the old pager or scanner either. So much for progress of technology. Maybe the Minitor 9 will fix it all? :P

We were sitting on the tailboard of the engine talkin when a call came in. Forgot my pager was on the tailboard, ran for my gear and hopped on the rig. As we returned from the call and backed into the FD we heard a nice crunch. Much to my dismay, there was my pager on the ground with nothing more than a broken clip. However, when I picked it up, it sounded like an ETCH-O-SKETCH. It was a goner, died of internal injuries while standing by. Amazing though, literally no visible damage(other than the clip)

My problem with the current pager is that it goes off for no apparent reason - most annoying in the middle of the night and I just hear static. Now, it's not as sensitive as the old pager or scanner either. So much for progress of technology. Maybe the Minitor 9 will fix it all?

I've heard that one before. A few times I was at the station playing cards or whatever and someone would rush in and ask what the call was. Of course there was no call, someone else's tones set off the radio or it just went off at random. That's happened at least 3 times.

Then again I've had at least 2 different people respond to the station after the regular radio test. ^_^

i still don't like the minitor 5's, half of the 5's we gave members had to be sent back for problems, i don't recall what they were. but i'll just stick with my minitor 4's, they are a much better quality

For everyone that has the problem with their pagers going off when there's no call, take a look at where your cell phone is on your body in relation to the pager. I was having that problem and it turned out my cell phone was somehow sending out a frequenct that triggered my pager. It didn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying.

I gotta agree with vacguy! I have had a Minitor 5 for about a year now and have had nothing but problems with it! I'm lucky if it goes off half the time and it doesn't hold a charge for anything.

I have resorted to relying on my dept. issued Nextel & can only hope that the I-Page's come through.

It seems that all Minitors have had their pro's & con's, but in my opinion, bring back the Minitor -II's!

I gotta agree with vacguy! I have had a Minitor 5 for about a year now and have had nothing but problems with it! I'm lucky if it goes off half the time and it doesn't hold a charge for anything.

I have resorted to relying on my dept. issued Nextel & can only hope that the I-Page's come through.

It seems that all Minitors have had their pro's & con's, but in my opinion, bring back the Minitor -II's!

I agree..Minitor II's were the best. I have a 5 now and its nice because on every other pager i had i never had the repeater and the battery last along time but what sucks is when the batt dies and you have no charger ewhereever you are you can put reg batteries in it!

My first pager was a Sonar. Then I had a Shinwah. Then I went thru 3 Minitor II pagers. Then two Minitor IV pagers. Now I have a Minitor V pager.

If I could keep it, the Minitor II was the best one I ever had. the Minitor V goes off for no apparent reason, makes an awful whining sound in the charger and the recorded doesn't always record. And the sensitivty is crap compared to the Minitor II pagers.

I've had a couple of portables that have tried to grow wings and taken a ride from the tip of the aerial. Then again a few pike poles and axes have done the same.

ONe of my favorites is one that if I had a goldfish...he would have been happy in that Motorola HT1250.

anybody have any stories about breaking pagers/ or radios and how many you have been through? I personally have been through 4

Proud to say I have never lost any pager or radios....lost alot of other things.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For everyone that has the problem with their pagers going off when there's no call, take a look at where your cell phone is on your body in relation to the pager. I was having that problem and it turned out my cell phone was somehow sending out a frequenct that triggered my pager. It didn't happen all the time but enough to be annoying.

Yeah every time I put my Nextel near the Minitor II, it sets it off. Only problems I've had is dropping one in the sink, and the other was running it over with a truck.

Yeah every time I put my Nextel near the Minitor II, it sets it off. Only problems I've had is dropping one in the sink, and the other was running it over with a truck.

I haven't lost or broken any pagers, but i've had a couple nextels go swimmong in the toilet, but that was AFTER flushing, but a quick grab, removal of the battery, a good wash, and several hours of drying time and they were fine.

My first pager was a Sonar. Then I had a Shinwah. Then I went thru 3 Minitor II pagers. Then two Minitor IV pagers. Now I have a Minitor V pager.

If I could keep it, the Minitor II was the best one I ever had. the Minitor V goes off for no apparent reason, makes an awful whining sound in the charger and the recorded doesn't always record. And the sensitivty is crap compared to the Minitor II pagers.

Yeah whats with that whining sound anyway??? Drives my cats crazy.

I Haven't broken my pager yet, but I have had my Fire Police radio replaced about 5 times already. Its a vertex standard, 16 channel. I snapped the antenna twice, dropped it about 1000 times, leading to a broken speaker twice, so i could only hear it when pressing really hard on the case, and i dropped it in the water once or twice. They are quite durable, but i'm just tough on everything. Who says the fire police dont have a tough job too.....

You lost one to the toilet :unsure: - Must have been some stronger stuff in there than the time mine ended up in there! It was a quick grab - then copius amounts of soap and water. We both survived that one!

My problem with the current pager is that it goes off for no apparent reason - most annoying in the middle of the night and I just hear static. Now, it's not as sensitive as the old pager or scanner either. So much for progress of technology. Maybe the Minitor 9 will fix it all? :P

yaeh..... the toilet, well i was umm....... lets not go there :blink: