Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

White Plains To Get New Rescue Truck

12 posts in this topic

The Journal News is reporting today that, at a recent Common Council Meeting, White Plains FD was authorized to purchase a new rescue vehicle. I had heard some rumors about this in the past, anybody know for sure anything further, like what type of chasis/body and make it will be and are they forming a 24/7 company?

I too have heard that WPFD is organizing a new rescue unit.... rational seems to be due in large part to the increase in new development withing the city. I will see what I can find out about the new truck and report back.

I hear that it will not be a 24/7 company.. I hear it will be like New ro who has rescue 4 and if I am informed correctly, they have a swing type crew where certain on duty members switch to man the rescue when it is needed or the man power is available. I believe this is just in the initial phase and eventually it will receive a full time company.

heard it may be possibily a pierce and will either be stationed at headquarters or station 2

I hear that it will not be a 24/7 company.. I hear it will be like New ro who has rescue 4 and if I am informed correctly, they have a swing type crew where certain on duty members switch to man the rescue when it is needed or the man power is available. I believe this is just in the initial phase and eventually it will receive a full time company.

Your are right it will be in next year some time

57 truck is right, the rumors i hear all say it will be stations at station 2 with eng 2 tl 6 and the parking lot unit.

the truck is going to be a ten wheel truck with a walk-in back and the truck is being bought buy one of the companies in white plains some power company thats all i know right now

WILL PUBLIC WORKS BE SPECING IT OUT LIKE THEY HAVE WITH MANY OF THE WP APARATUSS IN THE PAST?

LOOK AT ALL THE APARATUS WP HAS THAT LOOK LIKE THE GARABGE TRUCKS THAT THEY HAVE. I WAS TOLD BY MEMBERS OF THERE DEPT THIS SIS BECAUSE THERE PUBLIC WORKS GUY SPECS IT OUT

I'm now hearing that WPFD aqquired the body of a Greenwich,CT rescue, will refurbish/repaint the body and mount onto a city DPW spec freightliner commercial chasis or old DPW Ford L-8000 chasis

WPFD got a Rescue Body from the Mahopac Falls FD (Putnam County). It is a 1972 Saulsbury. The Mack Chassis it used to sit on was sold to a oil company in Croton Falls (Ex-2071).

I had heard that this truck was being bought buy a company that has thier HQ in White Plains I think that the company is the company that runs indian point power plant. The truck is supposed to be a ten wheel resuce truck like FDNY uses.