Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

White Plains Police New Dodge Chargers

12 posts in this topic

Apparently, White Plains PD has jumped onto the Dodge Charger bandwagon, with yet another nice looking car to add to the Chargers across the region.

Photos are posted on http://www.emtbravo.com

Thanks to Fed124 for the tip!

I don't like the look of the PD Chargers, I'd much rather see the Crown Victoria's

Crown Vic's suck, never liked them. If anything give me back my old Caprice. Got to see one of the Chargers today, wish I could experience being in one on patrol. Look pretty sweet.

i'd take a good ol' caprice any day or even a late '80s box caprice. i heard the white plains pd aren't as fond of the chargers because they have more blind spots than the crown vics.

Saw another WPPD Charger that does not have a car number. It is labeled "South Car", even on the plate. It has the license plate "scanner cameras" on the roof like the NYSP thread mentioned last month.

i've seen the charger a few times. everytime there is an Lt. (white shirt) driving it...i believe everytime it was "car 5." anyone know if its soley a Lt car?

Departments out here are starting to get them. I think they look good, but really don't see their capability as a patrol unit. Looking at their size, it appears to me that if the officer in that unit makes an arrest, they will have to call for a transport unit.

Departments out here are starting to get them. I think they look good, but really don't see their capability as a patrol unit. Looking at their size, it appears to me that if the officer in that unit makes an arrest, they will have to call for a transport unit.

Nah, Duane. They can just throw the punk in the trunk!

My town has ordered 2 of them (New Fairfield, CT) and when I asked the officer how he liked them, he said he thought they were great, plenty of room for the officer, just not alot of room for the suspect.

My opinion: If you don't like it, don't get arrested...

Saw another WPPD Charger that does not have a car number. It is labeled "South Car", even on the plate. It has the license plate "scanner cameras" on the roof like the NYSP thread mentioned last month.

last night i saw a 3rd car w/o a number labeled "North Car"

so far the sightings posted have been the Car 5, North Car and South Car...anyone know is there are more than 3 Chargers?

Those are the only I have seen I have seen an umarked car that was a charger