Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers To Unveil Their 1952 American LaFrance Aerial

18 posts in this topic

After an extensive restoration project the YFD will unveil our 1952 American LaFrance 75' aerial this Sunday (9-30-07) at the Columbus Day parade.

Rumor is their next restoration project will be the Mack CF formerly E-306.

It is good to see departments embracing their history rather than giving it to another country....

This is terrific news ! Does anyone know who within YFD has spearheaded these projects? They should be highly commended for their efforts. ANY CURRENT PHOTOS YET OF THIS RESTORED YONKERS 1952 ALF? Is it one of the old YFD ALF Mid Mounts that was in service in the 50's and 60's (See Truck 5 below) or is it that ALF Tiller that Yonkers used in later on (See old Ladder 74 below)? Does anyone know the history of this rig in Yonkers (What "Truck Company(s)" did it serve? (ie: Truck 1 (Hdqrs) , Truck 2 (Vineyard) , Truck 3 (Bronxville Road) , Truck 4 (Radford) , Truck 5 (Central Park Ave/Racktrack or Fortfield) , Truck 6 (Kimball Ave) or Truck 7 (Central Park Avenue North?) - PS - Thanks to Michael Messar and YFD.org for their photos.

post-80-1191077071.jpg

post-80-1191077093.jpg

Photo Courtesy of redtruck75 Edited by batt2

what time is the parade?

Sun. Sept 30 at 1330.

Route: South Broadway from Valentine La to Nepperhan Av, then east on Nepperhan Av to New Main St going south, left onto on Park Hill Av ending in front of Mount Carmel Saint Anthony Church.

Edited by batt2

What a Terrifif Restoration Job Done on this rig !!! The Y.F.D. on the doors is exactly like the similiar "Truck Companies" of the 50's, 60's and Early 70"s in Yonkers.

I would say that all that would be needed, to replicate the era that this rig would have been in, would be to add on each door (In Gold Leaf) Truck Co. 1 and on the Right Front of this rig, place a Black ""1" within a Reflective Circle, all similiar to the way that Truck Co. 5 is pictured above.

Chief Dunn and R1Smokeater, would the restoration committee ever conisder doing this, to say "complete" the job?

Also similiar to the Old Truck 3 (See Photo Below) - Thanks to John Bendick for this wonderful photo

post-80-1191095664.jpg

Nice rig...I was just saying I could use something to do tomorrow, maybe I'll go see a parade...

I managed to stop by Yonkers FD Columbus Day Parade, and get a few quick photos, including their beautifully restored 1952 ALF midmount.

Photos are posted on http://www.emtbravo.com

Special thanks to RedTruck75!

some great shots of the parade and the afl looks great.

Great shots, Seth. Love the black and white pics.

That truck looks very sharp.........................Maybe Chief Dunn or Chief Fitz can help with this one Back in the 90's at some point Yonkers had gotting a ALF midmount from Hartsdale as a spare ? What ever happen to that truck.

Thanks

That truck looks very sharp.........................Maybe Chief Dunn or Chief Fitz can help with this one Back in the 90's at some point Yonkers had gotting a ALF midmount from Hartsdale as a spare ? What ever happen to that truck.

Thanks

-Cpage, I remember that Truck being quartered w/ E-307 on CPA for a short time. It was a (19??) lime yellow midmount from Hartsdale that was almost put into service

w/ L-74 after their rig was down long term (because we had NO spares !!) in the early 90's. I believe it was scrapped.............

-Cpage, I remember that Truck being quartered w/ E-307 on CPA for a short time. It was a (19??) lime yellow midmount from Hartsdale that was almost put into service

w/ L-74 after their rig was down long term (because we had NO spares !!) in the early 90's. I believe it was scrapped.............

Thanks for that info that was a cool looking rig as well it was like a 1949 that was rehabed with a newer cab. almost as good as old ladder 7 at the training center. What ever happen to that truck that was a 19?? alf midmount open cab.

I managed to stop by Yonkers FD Columbus Day Parade, and get a few quick photos, including their beautifully restored 1952 ALF midmount.

Photos are posted on http://www.emtbravo.com

Special thanks to RedTruck75!

Great shots Seth. I llike how you captured that shot of the rig coming down Broadway. My thanks to the restoration committee, you did agreat job.