Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GO TRIBE!

50 posts in this topic

Oh and one more thing - for anybody who thinks Torre did a crappy job this year... Just think.. at the end of May the Yanks we're 21-29.. Injuries were killing them. To have a 2nd half like the Bombers did, that man not only deserves to keep his job, i think he deserves a raise!

go red sox.

for whoever said that they hate yankee fans because they cant accept defeat you must come from a team that loses a lot and doesnt expect much.....You should always expect your team to win -- its called being competitive and striving for the best.

on another note -- the yanks need some new young solid pitching -- say goodbye to roger and moose - try and keep pettite and obviously hughes and wang -- i dont think joba will succeed as a starter and supposedly rivera wants to test the market so maybe he will be our closer (not to shabby)... Anyway i hope the steinbrenner and cashman have finally learned that solid pitching is what wins the big ones not an offense that can go sour at any point.........

P.S - I think all series should be a 7 game set --- and now that my yanks are out of it -- May the best team win.....(except boston) - LOL

Just a reminder from a post I did in 2006, keeping in mind these stats are not updated fr this year and does not include last years allstar game.

26 World Championships, 39 Pennents, 16 players with retired numbers, 20 MVP winners, 5 Cy Young award winners, 11 World Series MVPs, 7 ALCS MVPs 8 Relief Man Award winners, 54 Golden Gloves, 8 Rookie of the Year winners, and an amazing 339 total All Star Game apperences. 34 Hall of Famers have played for the Yankees, 9 Hall of Fame Mangers of manged the Yankees.I dont think we have to be nervous for a while. OH did i mention this was all done within 103 years?

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

WOW that's almost 25% of the time the Yankees have won the Series, thats about 45% of the time we won the Pennent. There is one thing that I agree with the Yankees are not the best team in baseball, They simple the best team in any sport.

We can all say what we want about the Yankees, and I think dumping Joe now is WRONG, but one thing that they are the only team in Major League Baseball that still takes the time in the "Seventh Inning Stretch" to show the respect and Patriatism to those who fight to maintain our freedom to even be able to bust each others' chops over these teams! Kudos to them!!

JMHO

Just a reminder from a post I did in 2006, keeping in mind these stats are not updated fr this year and does not include last years allstar game.

26 World Championships, 39 Pennents, 16 players with retired numbers, 20 MVP winners, 5 Cy Young award winners, 11 World Series MVPs, 7 ALCS MVPs 8 Relief Man Award winners, 54 Golden Gloves, 8 Rookie of the Year winners, and an amazing 339 total All Star Game apperences. 34 Hall of Famers have played for the Yankees, 9 Hall of Fame Mangers of manged the Yankees.I dont think we have to be nervous for a while. OH did i mention this was all done within 103 years?

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!

WOW that's almost 25% of the time the Yankees have won the Series, thats about 45% of the time we won the Pennent. There is one thing that I agree with the Yankees are not the best team in baseball, They simple the best team in any sport.

Well they'll certainly have a leg up on their golf game this winter! Soon there will be dust collecting on those rings and pennants. Each year is a new year.

Well they'll certainly have a leg up on their golf game this winter! Soon there will be dust collecting on those rings and pennants. Each year is a new year.

Yes yes you are rght but what has your team done lately?

Edited by calhobs

Theres just something about Yankee Baseball in October. I have to admit I am really bummed that there is not going to be a Yankee-Redsox ALCS this year. I am a met fan who was rooting hard for Torre and the Yanks to see some good, gritty, in-your-face playoff ballgames.

I guess there is always next season... :(:(:(

We can all say what we want about the Yankees, and I think dumping Joe now is WRONG, but one thing that they are the only team in Major League Baseball that still takes the time in the "Seventh Inning Stretch" to show the respect and Patriatism to those who fight to maintain our freedom to even be able to bust each others' chops over these teams! Kudos to them!!

JMHO

nice job. i agree. I thought many teams still did the "God bless America thing still...Am I mistaken?

I would rather have as many collecting dust, than have none at all. The Yankees are the winningest franchise in sports history! No one in any other sport has done what they have! To make it to the playoffs 13 years in a row is an awesome feat. To not win the World Series in the past 7 years, is disappointing, but you can't win them all, even though Steinbrenner feels this way! I think that Baseball, as a sport, needs other teams to come up with wins, so the sport doesn't die out in certain markets. So, go Indians and Rockies, although no one will really watch, this will help these teams, cause fans love their teams when they are winning!

As for the manager situation, If Joe Torre is dumped, my choice would be Joe Girardi. I definitely don't want the Larussa guy coming into NY and killing this team like he did to the Cardinals and A's. He will not be able to manage the ego's and the media and will get run into the ground. And then there is Bernie Williams, will he return as a coach? That would be great, just don't put him on the bases, cause he was fast but made some poor decisions as a base runner! He should be the hitting coach!!!!!!

I love Joe Torre, and I hope he sticks around. If he doesn't, I can think of 3 guys that would be good replacements.

1. Don Mattingly

2. Joe Gerardi

3. Remember585 :blink:

I hope that Posada comes back at least for another year or two as well. He is a solid part of the team and is a stand-up guy all around. If A-Rod goes, poop happens, but time to cut some dead weight - start with CLEMENS.

I love Joe Torre, and I hope he sticks around. If he doesn't, I can think of 3 guys that would be good replacements.

1. Don Mattingly

2. Joe Gerardi

And if God forbid someone must replace Bob Shepard, I vote Oswegowind

I can see the shirt now: "MUNSON for 2082, AND SKIPPER OF THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL" Do you think they'd let you wear #15??

In all seriousness, if Torre is fired, my #1 choice would be Donnie Baseball.

In all seriousness, if Torre is fired, my #1 choice would be Donnie Baseball.

And in all seriousness, who would want to manage for Superjerk?? I understand some people believe in tradition (like the Yankees and Dodgers), but I don't see a lot of people wanting the job because of George. As was said on ESPN, it'll be like the late 80's when no one wanted to be a Yankee.

It is amazing, I started a thread titled "Go Tribe" and it turns into a Yankees thread. They lost, it is over. Now the Indians will have to go to Boston and take care of Business. Im shocked there is little support, the Indians are a club of no name 20 something kids who play with their hearts on their sleeves. They make average salary's(Compared to NY) and they want nothing more than to win. I read an interview with Ryan Garko(1st base for CLE) and his greatest thrill of the series was getting to face Roger "the Rocket" Clemens.......he is like a little leaguer talking about his boyhood idol. Inspiring

Second, I am shocked that there has been little mention about the fact the god wants the Indians to win!!!, was I the only one who witnessed the "divine intervention" of Friday nights game? I mean a swarm of "noseeums"(as Clevelander's refer to them) overtook the stadium and took control over every Yankee, but, had no affects on the Tribe. Amazing! I haven't heard nearly as many Yankee fans cry about the bugs as I thought, they must still be in shock.

Lastly, who are the Yankees Broadcaster on 880 am, probably the worst I have ever heard? Everything the guy said was incorrect and his co anchor(woman) did nothing but make excuses, absolutley horrendous! And why isn't there any baseball on Sirrius?

Anyways, this should be a great series in Boston.....

TRIBE!

It is amazing, I started a thread titled "Go Tribe" and it turns into a Yankees thread. They lost, it is over. Now the Indians will have to go to Boston and take care of Business. Im shocked there is little support, the Indians are a club of no name 20 something kids who play with their hearts on their sleeves. They make average salary's(Compared to NY) and they want nothing more than to win. I read an interview with Ryan Garko(1st base for CLE) and his greatest thrill of the series was getting to face Roger "the Rocket" Clemens.......he is like a little leaguer talking about his boyhood idol. Inspiring

Second, I am shocked that there has been little mention about the fact the god wants the Indians to win!!!, was I the only one who witnessed the "divine intervention" of Friday nights game? I mean a swarm of "noseeums"(as Clevelander's refer to them) overtook the stadium and took control over every Yankee, but, had no affects on the Tribe. Amazing! I haven't heard nearly as many Yankee fans cry about the bugs as I thought, they must still be in shock.

Lastly, who are the Yankees Broadcaster on 880 am, probably the worst I have ever heard? Everything the guy said was incorrect and his co anchor(woman) did nothing but make excuses, absolutley horrendous! And why isn't there any baseball on Sirrius?

Anyways, this should be a great series in Boston.....

TRIBE!

jdwes32, as you know, I'm rooting for Boston, and quite honestly, I hope we can rack up another series. At least someone besides the Yanks are definitly going to be in the World Series.

In Baseball we Trust

Mike

jdwes32, as you know, I'm rooting for Boston, and quite honestly, I hope we can rack up another series. At least someone besides the Yanks are definitly going to be in the World Series.

In Baseball we Trust

Mike

Don't get ahead of your self Sparky. You will have room to talk if they can do it twice in five years.

post-4288-1192224090.gif

8-1 bottom of the 5th- Go SOX!

8-1 bottom of the 5th- Go SOX!

10 2 bottom of the 7th- GO SOX.

BTW: How's A-rod's short game?

10 2 bottom of the 7th- GO SOX.

BTW: How's A-rod's short game?

Like his 2007 season MVP LIKE...........

post-4288-1192244837.gif

Edited by drobison82