Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GO TRIBE!

50 posts in this topic

Having been born and raised in the "mistake by the lake" i.e.- Cleveland,OH....I am pumped for tonights game and entirely sick of the Yanks. Since most of this forum is NY based, I am sure I am in some tough company. But if you hate the Yanks.........Go TRIBE.

Sign below for your support and I will hand deliver the thread to the Indians dugout.....j/k

PDB,

That is a shame, I thought I would atleast get some support from the Harlem Hilton boys!!! breaks my heart.

PDB,

That is a shame, I thought I would atleast get some support from the Harlem Hilton boys!!! breaks my heart.

Here goes that old saying. I root for 2 teams, the METS and whoever is playing the Yankees!!!!!!!

P.S. GO BOSTON!!!!!

I say F da' Injuns.

Go Yanks!

And I root for the Yankees and whoever plays the Red Sox personally....

In football it's the Giants and whoever plays the Jets.

;)

1 down and 3 to go....that was just an embarassing night to be a Yankee fan.

And they will have every excuse in the book why they were out played. For the monies that they get the game should have been a little closer in the score.

P.S. GO BOSTON

I agree LT, Unfortunately, the Yankee bats are as capable and dangerous as the Indians were last night: hitting is contageous(best thing an announcer said last night). I think tonight will be a good game. Yanks are still a scary team, I won't be comfortable unless the Tribe can notch another "w" tonight.

i guess you dont watch baseball too often. its a best of 5 series not 7. and its not embarassing at all. the yanks are the come back kids so i wouldnt get too happy just after 1 game. GO YANKS!!!

i guess you dont watch baseball too often. its a best of 5 series not 7. and its not embarassing at all. the yanks are the come back kids so i wouldnt get too happy just after 1 game. GO YANKS!!!

No I do watch baseball, and I meant 3 to go, because the Yanks won't get swept for 2 reasons: I am a Cleveland Sports fan, no lead is ever big enough. 2-The yanks scare the bejesus out of me! Indians will win in 4 games.

Red Sox fan assaulted in Yonkers bar

By NICOLE NEROULIAS

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: October 5, 2007)

YONKERS - A 25-year-old Florida man was brutally beaten by Yonkers bar patrons who questioned his allegiance to the Boston Red Sox, police said.

Yonkers police say two men from Pennsylvania have been arrested on assault charges in the attack on Carlos Ortez in the parking lot of the Ramada Inn at 125 Tuckahoe Road.

The victim, a carpenter, was in New York working on a construction project in a Manhattan hotel.

He was watching a Red Sox-Angels playoff game shortly after midnight yesterday with co-workers at the Ramada Inn bar, where one of the suspects allegedly asked him if he had pride in Boston. The two suspects later followed Ortez from the bar and allegedly attacked him, police said.

Ortez is being treated for multiple facial fractures at Westchester Medical Center.

The suspects, Duane Somers, 32, of Huntingdon, Pa., and Edward McConaughey, 42, of Orbisonia, Pa., were charged with second-degree assault. They were arraigned in Yonkers City Court yesterday and ordered to return to court on Wednesday. Bail was set at $10,000, police said. The two remained in the Westchester County jail this morning.

The Associated Press contributed information for this report.

JD

If the Tribe should SWEEP the Yanks, you better not wear your teams' colors. The Yankee fans just can't accept the pain of defeat. And they haven't even played Boston yet.

GO BOSTON

Extra innings, boys....

And really, let's put this in perspective:

Eamus Catuli!!! (that's latin for Go Cubs!!)

AC006299 (That's Anno Catuli--year of the Cubs--zero years since division win, 62 since pennant, 99 since series champions.)

Because any team can have a bad century!

Boston won Wednesday, Yanks lost yesterday, and Cleveland has a good chance of winning in the bottom of the 11th with bases loaded with 2 out! Sox are also up 2-0 in the Top of the 2nd! :) Yanks might actually not make it deep into the playoffs with the way they're playing tonight.

That's the second such incedent with Yankees fans, a Boston FF was beaten by some Yankees fans because he was assisting a tractor-trailer driver make a turn and they were impatient.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

"Welcome to Yankee Stadium."

Bronchial infection sidelines Sheppard

10/05/2007 4:33 PM ET

By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com

CLEVELAND -- Legendary public address announcer Bob Sheppard will not be behind the microphone when the American League Division Series reaches Yankee Stadium, the Yankees said on Friday.

Sheppard, who is believed to be in his late 90s but refuses to divulge his exact age, has a bronchial infection that will force him to snap a string of 121 consecutive postseason games announced at Yankee Stadium, dating back to 1951.

Sheppard had also missed the final seven games of the regular season while longtime backup Jim Hall, who closely resembles Sheppard's concise and correct style, filled in.

"Doctors are monitoring my progress," Sheppard said in a statement. "And I am hoping to get back to Yankee Stadium to watch -- and announce -- Yankees playoff games long into October."

Sheppard is in his 57th season as public address announcer at Yankee Stadium. His postseason streak began on Oct. 4, 1951, in Game 1 of the World Series vs. the New York Giants. The lineups that day included Joe DiMaggio, Phil Rizzuto, Yogi Berra and rookies Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays.

"I'll miss him," said Reggie Jackson, a Yankees special advisor who famously dubbed Sheppard, "The Voice of God."

"There is a guy [Hall] who sounds very close to him, and it doesn't come to you immediately if you're just listening. But the old guard will miss him greatly. He's a great person, a great part of our history, and a great part of my life -- he helped me write my Monument Park speech and my Hall of Fame induction speech."

With that, Jackson paused, smiled, and looked skyward.

"Much ... too ... wordy," Jackson said, drawing Sheppard's tone and cadence.

Sheppard's first game as Yankees public address announcer was on Opening Day, April 17, 1951, as the Yankees defeated the Red Sox, 5-0.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

"Now batting......the first baseman......Don......Mattingly........."

Yanks LOST!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! B)

GO CLEVELAND AND THE SOX!!!!!

I think Cleveland might get the broom out!

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

Sox win! Sox win!

So, everyone (D-Backs, Rockies, Tribe and Sox) all are up 2-0 in their series. It'll be interesting to see how these series' play out.

going to go back a few years just incase the yanks do not make next round and i mean in case Remember the tee shirt "GOT RINGS""

going to go back a few years just incase the yanks do not make next round and i mean in case Remember the tee shirt "GOT RINGS""

This is what bothers me the most about Yankee fans. They can't accept defeat. They always have to bring up the past. Any team can have a bad year, series of games or one game at that. Maybe other teams step up to the plate a little more then the Yanks do, it happens. Get over it and just come to terms with the situation and say what every other baseball fan would say at this point, "JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR".

GO BOSTON........GO TRIBE.......LETS GO METS (IN 2008)

Red Sox fan assaulted in Yonkers bar

By NICOLE NEROULIAS

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: October 5, 2007)

YONKERS - A 25-year-old Florida man was brutally beaten by Yonkers bar patrons who questioned his allegiance to the Boston Red Sox, police said.

Yonkers police say two men from Pennsylvania have been arrested on assault charges in the attack on Carlos Ortez in the parking lot of the Ramada Inn at 125 Tuckahoe Road.

The victim, a carpenter, was in New York working on a construction project in a Manhattan hotel.

He was watching a Red Sox-Angels playoff game shortly after midnight yesterday with co-workers at the Ramada Inn bar, where one of the suspects allegedly asked him if he had pride in Boston. The two suspects later followed Ortez from the bar and allegedly attacked him, police said.

Ortez is being treated for multiple facial fractures at Westchester Medical Center.

The suspects, Duane Somers, 32, of Huntingdon, Pa., and Edward McConaughey, 42, of Orbisonia, Pa., were charged with second-degree assault. They were arraigned in Yonkers City Court yesterday and ordered to return to court on Wednesday. Bail was set at $10,000, police said. The two remained in the Westchester County jail this morning.

The Associated Press contributed information for this report.

JD

If the Tribe should SWEEP the Yanks, you better not wear your teams' colors. The Yankee fans just can't accept the pain of defeat. And they haven't even played Boston yet.

GO BOSTON

FYI, this story is an elaboration of the facts involved. The person that the victims work for lives in Massachusetts, Quincy (I believe) and he was calling all sorts of media outlets and giving them this story. The only truth is, 1 of the victims was wearing a Red Sox hat. The suspects were from Pennsylvania and wear not wearing any NY Yankee gear, nor did they identify themselves as Yankee fans! The press is making this into one of those "sell me" stories! Unfortunately, this once again proves that there is no truth in reporting standard anymore, just take an idea and let go, no matter what you assume! The story found in the Journal News was provided by the Associated Press (AP contribution) taken from the Boston Globe newspaper. News 12 on the other hand, is just blatantly making their end up, and they continue to add to the pile of *hit they began with. Fights at bars happen on regular occasions throughout the land, but because the Yanks-Sox rivalry exists and it can make headlines, some "reporters" or story tellers continue to relate things without solid proof.

And I am not sour at the Press cause the Yanks just lost again...But I am pissed about that too!

I am a mets fan so I am rooting for the tribe

Are you one of the many fans that remained in the stands crying after your team choked? :lol:

Edited by SPFC56-233

This is what bothers me the most about Yankee fans. They can't accept defeat. They always have to bring up the past. Any team can have a bad year, series of games or one game at that. Maybe other teams step up to the plate a little more then the Yanks do, it happens. Get over it and just come to terms with the situation and say what every other baseball fan would say at this point, "JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR".

GO BOSTON........GO TRIBE.......LETS GO METS (IN 2008)

After tonights events, I have to revise the about statement.........

GO BOSTON..........LETS GO METS (IN 2008)

SORRY JD, GOT TO GO WITH BOSTON. The tribe did a fine job on the Bronx Bums.........Now all of their fans will come out with all of the excuses and all to old clishe's...........Got rings...20 something.....you get the picture. Accept it, the Yankees aren't the power house they use to be. Remember this chishe'........"3PEAT"........Thats right this is the 3rd year in a row that the Yanks did not advance in the post season.

There has been a call back of suicide prevention hotline operators in the grater N.Y. Metro area to handle increase.

Stay Safe..............GO BOSTON

Guess the Yanks will be playing golf with the Mets tomorrow.

Go Rockies!

Go Red Sox!

Thanks Tribe for sending the Yanks home for the winter....Go Sox!

What's sad about this is that jerk of an owner will screw up a good thing and get rid of one of the best managers in the majors. Why not understand it was those leeches that you pay to play that screwed the season up?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its great, now once Boston loses everyone at my school will stop complaining/arguing about either team. Go whoever is playing Boston!

(Note: I am NOT a baseball fan.)

The Yankees went down hard this series but not without a fight. Thier starter last night left alot to be desired but nonetheless they went down as the true champions they are.

I hope to see Joe Torre next season.

Bittersweet to see the Yankees lose. Generally I'd say watching them lose is almost as much fun as seeing the Sox win, but better than wining the World Series would be to see the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the playoffs again. I guess we might have lost too which could be the start of a long winter except for the Patriots! If the Yankees had a few more Sox palyers (Damon) they might have been able to pull it off! :lol:

Bring on the Tribe!

The Yankees went down hard this series but not without a fight. Thier starter last night left alot to be desired but nonetheless they went down as the true champions they are.

I hope to see Joe Torre next season.

I hope they do keep Torre, even as a Sox fan I think he's a real class act! But damn, how about letting the team have some personality. It's like watching 9 all star individuals on the field. Funny seeing them so rattled by the flying ants in Cleveland!

I dont understand Met and Redsox fans. You all say as a Yankee fan we lose we through up the pastand say we have 26 rings and such. Well its true, and as Yankee fans we are proud of our past. We have made the playoffs now 13 years in a row now I think and won 4 world seris in that time hmmm not to shabby I think. Hey Mets and Redsox what have you been doing the last 13 years. The yankees have nothing more to prove, you cant always add on to greatness.

I don't understand some of you Mets fans...

1. At least the Yankees made it to the post season...

2. The yankees we're down by what? 9 games at the end of August, and got to within 1 behind Boston with 4 games to go. Last I checked, that's a lot better then being up by 7 games with 17 left to play, and BLOWING IT!

3. I live in NY, therefore i like NY teams. The mets aren't my favorite obviously, but I was pulling for them, as I do every year (except when the play the bombers...) And to tell you the truth, I was glad to see Philly get swept in the first round.

And for all you Sox fans... two words... BILL BRUCKNER!

GO ROCKIES!