Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T. John

New Squad - Sound Beach Fire Rescue (Old Greenwich, CT)

16 posts in this topic

The Sound Beach Volunteer Fire Dept. in Old Greenwich, CT just took delivery of a new squad. Ford F550 Super Duty (Diesel) to be used primarily for personnel transport, highway response (for traffic control), to tow our collapse trailer and to support our SCUBA team. It has an on board generator as well as a 1,500 lb. pull out tray in the rear compartment. All LED warning lights and a halogen traffic director in the rear. Radios to be installed shortly and we are working out the details on the lettering.

This unit is replacing our currently Utility ('99 2500 Chevrolet Suburban, diesel).

If any department is looking for a vehicle and might be interested in our Suburban, let me know. It will come with a full lighting package and antenna wires.

post-10497-1191530290.jpg

post-10497-1191530306.jpg

Edited by T. John

Nice rig, good idea behind it too. Question...is the old Ford Rescue slated for replacement? I saw that rig at a class a few months ago and I was really impressed with the tool compliment on it. The members there look like they are very squared away with their rescue training.

We are in the process of putting together specifications for a new rescue. Looking at a Pierce, non-walk in. We have completely run out of room on the current truck. Our current plan is to take the current rescue (with the walkin) and convert that over to a SCUBA/water rescue truck.

How much are you looking to get rid of the Suburban for? I will spread the word around this area to see if anyone needs one.

About $12,500. I will post the details and pics online once I have a chance to get the poster done. It is a really nice truck and in great shape. 12 strobe Whelen lightbar on the front (red/white), 6 strobe mini Whelen lightbar (reb/amber) on the rear, flashing headlights, red/while grille lights, red/white intersection lights and strobes mounted on both of the barn doors on the back. Whelen siren with two amplifiers. Whelen Spectra 110W VHF radio can be included for an additional $350.

About $12,500. I will post the details and pics online once I have a chance to get the poster done. It is a really nice truck and in great shape. 12 strobe Whelen lightbar on the front (red/white), 6 strobe mini Whelen lightbar (reb/amber) on the rear, flashing headlights, red/while grille lights, red/white intersection lights and strobes mounted on both of the barn doors on the back. Whelen siren with two amplifiers. Whelen Spectra 110W VHF radio can be included for an additional $350.

What year is the Surburban, is it gas or diesel.

Here are the details on the old Suburban:

• 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Series
  • Turbo Diesel
  • 24,596 miles (as of 10/05/07)
  • Bench seats in the front
  • Power windows / doors
  • AM/FM radio
  • Front / rear A/C
  • Full lighting package included (to any emergency response organization)
    • Whelen 12 strobe light-bar (red/white front facing, red rear facing)
    • Whelen 6 strobe mini light-bar (red/orange)
    • Grille strobes (red/clear)
    • Intersection strobes (red/clear)
    • Strobes mounted on the rear barn doors (red/clear)
    • Whelen switch panel
    • Whelen siren with dual amplifiers (i.e. you can have wail and yelp at the same time)
    • Pre-wired for antennas
Current asking price: $12,500

The VHF radio (Motorola 110W Spectra) is negotiable with the vehicle. Purchases / offers have to be approved through our Board of Directors. If any Department is looking for a vehicle, let me know.

post-10497-1191621636.jpg

post-10497-1191621647.jpg

post-10497-1191621671.jpg

post-10497-1191621813.jpg

post-10497-1191621828.jpg

Edited by T. John

The new rig looks sweet! You guys have to bring it up to the IFCO house so we can all take a good look!

What company did the body on your new truck?

The new rig looks sweet! You guys have to bring it up to the IFCO house so we can all take a good look!

We sure will - although I am holding onto the keys!! hahaha.

What company did the body on your new truck?

The truck and body was purchased from Fouts Bros. Fire Equipment in GA. They did a great job for a really good price. Their website is http://www.foutsbrosfire.com/.

very nice rig

Fouts Brothers does some really sharp work, esp on their brush trucks

nice looking rig, the new fords look solid. hopefully that holds true for you guys. good luck