Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hughsonville (Dutchess) New Rescue 45-55 "The Beast"

24 posts in this topic

This morning, with special thanks to Hughsonville Chief Glenn M. Kramer (and the members of this forum for putting me in touch with him), I had the oppurtunity to photograph their very well equipped new Rescue 45-55.

Hughsonville Fire District is located in the Town Of Wappingers Falls, in Dutchess County NY. Right off Route 9, on Old Wappingers Road. They cover a district of about 9 square miles, including dense residential and commercial districts, including the busy Route 9 commercial corridor.

Their new Rescue 45-55 is a 2007 Spartan Gladiator Evolution/Rescue 1 (PL Custom). It replaces a 1992 Pierce Dash Rescue.

Anyone with questions about this Rescue can feel free to contact the Chief of HFD at HFD45@aol.com or post on this thread.

Some of the more noteable features on the apparatus include an exhaust diverter, which can change which side of the apparatus the exhaust comes out from.

This rescue is also extremly well equipped, including one of the largest inventories of cribbing that I have seen on a Rescue truck.

For more detailed photos and information:

http://www.emtbravo.com

post-11-1192739284.jpg

Great looking vehicle Good Luck with it!!!!!

One word: DAYUMMMMMM.

That is one massive piece of equipment - can't wait to see it on the road.... probably on 9 at Old Hopewell for the 'accident of the day'.

Congrats and Godspeed.

When's the wetdown (no pump, so maybe Christening)???

Why so big?

The old one was to small, and we needed more room for all the equipment we carry and our Dept. is growing day by day.

good luck with it. looks good. but on question where is the tiller man supposed to sit?? and is it going to fit under overpasses??

I like the flag on the rear. alot of unique things on the rig. Good luck with it! Just out of curiosity...what was the price tag???

Yes, it is big......but it carries a ton of equipment. They could have gone small, crammed in all their equipment, and had to shuffle things around just to get to one tool like other department's rescues, or gotten three seperate vehicles, but they chose to get one with plenty of space.

I know there's a lot of smack being talked in Dutchess about this Rescue and the price tag, personally, I think it's part jealousy. This is THEIR rescue, and although everyone's entitled to their opinions, they planned it for them and the people they serve, and they bought it and they are the ones who are using it. I doubt anyone's going to be complaining when their life is on the line and this truck shows up.

Also, correction, Hughsonville is in the TOWN OF WAPPINGER, not Wappingers Falls.

So this will be dispatched on all Working Fires, Rescues, Haz-Mat and Scuba jobs? I suppose if the call volume for incidents requiring this truck are there its a justified expense.

Nice, i just had to wonder though all the money they spent on this rescue and they have a Sherwood Brute as a regulator? (This is meant as a joke) But seriously i am a certified diver (Decompression(which included first getting Open Water than advanced open water) , Nitrox, Drysuit) and i figured that full face mask with comm system would make more sense for this kind of thing. Anybody know why Hughsonville opted out of this? i know that Putnam Valley uses the comm system with very could results.

I love this huge rescue.....I found by looking at the pictures that the this rescue has so many resources and has some amazing features...I love all the connects to hurst equipment that they have and I also like the dive team set up....the question I have is how many guys are rolling out on calls in that "BEAST"?

Great looking rig. And excellent placement of all the equipment. It probably took them the better part of a week just to configure equipment stowage. There is a ton of goodies on "That Beast" Good Luck with it and Stay Safe.

it truely is a "beast". very impressive truck, hope you guys are happy with it and best of luck.

I saw it for the first time two weeks ago...It's a nice vehicle...... The equipment placement/mounting is everything on a piece of apparatus and they did a good job laying things out..... They had taken their old Rescue O.O.S. for a few weeks and brought it down to R1 where they had the two trucks parked side by side and transfered one piece of equipment at a time making custom brackets for each item as they went..... It a slow arduous process but it's value when completed is priceless and the payback is forever...... You want your equipment easy to remove and easy to put away and they succeeeded...... This is the exact thing that made Saulsbury the "King of Rescues" I worked with Saulsbury on spec'ing a large rescue and I could not believe the photo's and actual brackets that they had on hand to illustrate how they could mount things and I was deeply disappointed when they didn't bid.......... Today, other vendors and in this case R1, have made great strides in their mounting of equipment........

I think the movable winch is a great idea....... Traditionally, the winch is in the front and/or rear bumper and you usually need it off side of the vehicle...... With their set-up, you just move the winch to the port on the side of the vehicle where you need it rather than moving the whole vehicle which with the size of "The Beast" could be problematic"......

Does anyone have run numbers for this department? Such as auto accidents, dive team calls, things like that?

I know there's a lot of smack being talked in Dutchess about this Rescue and the price tag

That happens everywhere. This of course is kind of a bigger target :lol:.

The main thing is that they are happy with it, and it gives them plenty of years of service.

I doubt anyone's going to be complaining when their life is on the line and this truck shows up.

Hey you never know ;) .

Edited by SPFC56-233

i would love to see this monster up close. did they already have the wet down for it?

I forgot to mention in my prior post..... I think X635 did a great job with the photo's...... I think he did a good job of highlighting the features and physical attributes of the vehicle and as a result satisfied some peoples curiosity about and sparked some interest in the vehicle as well.........Nice work Seth.....

Well, I wish good luck to whoever has to drive it. That thing really is "THE BEAST!!!"

Mike

I forgot to mention in my prior post..... I think X635 did a great job with the photo's...... I think he did a good job of highlighting the features and physical attributes of the vehicle and as a result satisfied some peoples curiosity about and sparked some interest in the vehicle as well.........Nice work Seth.....

Thanks! I really appreciate the comments, especially from a fellow active photographer. I spend a lot of time getting and posting these photos, and I'm glad people like 'em. I try and show what the apparatus is all about- since I find the working parts of the apparatus a lot more interesting then just your typical front/side shot.

If anyone wants me to photograph their apparatus for a photo feature on EMTBravo.com, I'd appreciate the oppurtunity if my time (and gas money) lately permits. [/shameless plug]

all this talking about how great it looks, and no one can talk about its practicality?

I don't think so much of "The Beast" as I do TANK.... and I mean it... that it is undoubetly one of the most impressive Rescues I have seen in a long time. The layout is excellent, the equipment top notch, and the quality is incredible. Regardless of what the nay sayers have to say about this monster... I say congrats! Best of luck luck with that tank and I hope it far exceeds the limits of what a rescue can be!

Also Seth, excellent job with the photos, every shot is good and the lighting is perfect... you couldn't make that truck look any better period!