Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ted Knoesel, Ardsley Ex-Chief Passes away

12 posts in this topic

This morning, I recieved heartbreaking news....a longtime friend of mine passed away.

Ted Knoesel was an ex-chief in the Ardsley Fire Department, where he served 57 years. He meticuloulsy maintained the department's 1928 Seagrave, "Old Betsy".

Ted owned Ted's Texaco (now County Gulf) in Ardsley for many years, and was an excellent mechanic and wrecker operator. He was friendly, and, as he was born in Ardsley and lived there his entire life, everybody in Ardsley knew who he was. Even in his retirment, he served as a crossing guard at Ardsley schools until his wife passed away. He didn't do it for the money, he always loved to work and be active. Ted was a survior himself, valiantly overcoming several critical illnesses.

Ted lost his wife of 39 years, Sheila, last year after her valiant and brief fight against Leukemia.

His son, TJ Knoesel, is a Westchester County Police Officer.

I knew Ted initially through my father and grandmother, who were friends with him. I got to know Ted myself when I served alongside him in Ardsley FD. I will miss Ted a great deal. He tought me so much, he was so energetic, enthusiastic, and giving. I have many memories with him during the 10 years I served with AFD, and he will always remain in my heart.

My condolences go out to the Knoesel family.

post-11-1194268815.jpg

post-11-1194268975.jpg

KNOESEL, THEODORE I.

November 05, 2007

Theodore I. Knoesel , 83, a lifelong resident of Ardsley, died November 3, 2007, after a brief illness. He was the son of the late Frank and Helen (Neppert) Knoesel. In 1961 he married Sheila Hollis. She died in 2006. For over 25 years, he was the owner of Ted's Texaco in Ardsley. For 57 years, Ted was a dedicated member of the Ardsley Volunteer Fire Department, where he was an Ex-Chief. In his retirement he has been a school crossing guard for the Ardsley School District. Ted's family wishes to express their gratitude and appreciation to all the schoolchildren that brought such happiness to their dad, as he worked as a crossing guard. He is survived by his loving children, Ilene (Nick) Caruso, Norine (Ronnie) Roemer, Susan (Frank) Leone, Mary Pat (Dennis) Kopek, Kristina (Michael) Morano, Jr., and T.J. (Keira) Knoesel, 14 beloved grandchildren and one beloved great-grandson. Mass of the Resurrection 9:30 am Thursday, Sacred Heart Church, Dobbs Ferry. Visiting 7-9 pm Tuesday and 2-4 and 7-9pm Wednesday, Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to either the Ardsley Fire Dept. or the CDLS Foundation at www.CDLS.ORG EDWARDS-DOWDLE FUNERAL HOME, INC. 64 Ashford Avenue Dobbs Ferry, New York EdwardsAndDowdle.com

My sincere condolences to Chief Knoesel's Family, friends as well as the entire Ardsley Community. May God's perpetual light shine upon him. Please know that he is at Peace, im a better place now.

My condolences to his family, friends. RIP Brother. Sorry for your loss Seth, let us know if there is anything we can do.

wow, serving for 57 years, i can't even fathom that. My condolences to the Chief’s family and AFD. May God rest his soul.

Edited by vacguy

My thoughts and Prayers to the Knoesel Family. Ted was a very hard working man. I remember growing up visiting his Texaco gas station on Saw Mill River Rd while riding my bike. He was an inspiration to all members of the Fire Service. His Pride for his family and the Ardsley FD was great. Bless him for his caring for all. My condolences again to his family.

My condolences go out to his family. Although I didn't get to know him I have heard that he was a great man.

I should mention that this is Greenburgh PD Officer Kiera Knoesel's father-in-law.

Rest in Peace my friend...................you will be missed!

Just one quick correction regarding in lieu of flowers....The correct website: www.cdlsusa.org

Ted leaves a grandhchild with CDLS.

God Bless Ted.

I never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Knoesel, but it sounds as if he was a wonderful man and will be deeply missed. I did however get to work with his son TJ, when i was a dispatcher trainee at WCPD. In knowing TJ, i can only imagine that he got his wonderful personality from his father.

My sincere condolences go out to the Knoesel family, the Ardsley FD and the Ardsley community. May he rest in peace.

My condolences go out to his family

Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to the Knoesel family. RIP Ted.