Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

LODD-Matthew Lamb (Empire State Ambulance/Carmel FD)- ONLINE CONDOLENCE CARD Thread

29 posts in this topic

post-11-1194544974.jpg

(Photo, Matt Lamb's Myspace Page: http://www.myspace.com/matty801

At 05:00hrs this AM, EMT Matthew Lamb passed away at Westchester Medical Center after injuries sustained in an ambulance collison, while on duty with Empire State Ambulance on 11-7-07 in Garrison, NY. He was 25 years old.

Matt was an EMT with Empire State Ambulance, as well at a Lt. with the Carmel Fire Department, and EMT with Carmel VAC. Among those he leaves behind, is his fiance, Jennifer, who he was to marry on February 14th, 2009.

Matthew gave other's life by donating his organs, and with his death, saved other live's....a fitting, albeit tragic end.

Condolences can be posted on this thread, even by non-verified members. All condolences will be printed and sent to the family, Carmel FD, Carmel VAC, and Empire State Ambulance, so please post on here.

WAKE AND FUNERAL INFORMATION

Cargain Funeral Home

Fowler Ave. and Route 301 Carmel NY

Saturday 11-10-07 7PM-9PM (FAMILY ONLY)

Sunday 11-11-07 2PM-4PM and 7PM-9PM (For The Emergency Services Community, Full Dress Uniform Requested )

FUNERAL:

Monday 11/12/07 10AM

St. James Church

14 Gleneida Ave (AKA) Route 52 Across From Lake Gleneida Ave.

Emergency Service Agencies participating are requested to assemble at Carmel VFD Headquarters 94 Gleneida Ave at 0830 on Monday for the funeral service

RIP Matt.

My deepest sympathies to Matthew's family, fiance Jennifer and his friends and loved ones. May he rest in peace and his memory live on in those he has touched with his presence.

My condolences to the Empire State Ambulance and Carmel VFD family on the loss of truly dedicated and professional member of the fire and EMS services.

What a horrible accident, all my prayers and sympathy to Matt's family and friends. I know that Heaven is alot brighter with this happy, go lucky soul!

I will miss you Brother

RIP Matt You will be missed. You were a great fireman/EMT also a great friends. You will always be in my heart whenever I am responding to a call. It was great to know you. You are going to be a great loss to the Carmel community.

Kent Fire LT

My deepest sympathies to Matthew's family, fiance Jennifer and his friends and family of Empire along with Carmel FD toand loved ones. Traggic Accident and he will be truly missed,

My condolences to the Empire State Ambulance and Carmel VFD family on the loss of truly dedicated and professional member of the fire and EMS services.

(I enjoyed working with you at Empire)

RIP BROTHER

on behalf of

Cortlandt Community Volunteer Ambulance Corp

and

Verplanck Fire Department

Edited by irishfire2491

My sincere condolences to his family, friends, and cowokers at ESA and other organizations. It's a tragic loss at any point, may he Rest in Peace.

RIP Matt- it was great knowing you bro, good times taking classes together and the many laughes we all had... Now that you're up there watchin over us, You'll be with all of us everytime we go out when the tones drop... You will be greatly missed!!!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Family and Friends of Matt, members of Carmel Fire and Carmel Vac, and Empire EMS... We all lost a great friend and fellow fire fighter!!!

Brian- Mahopac Falls VFD

What a horrible accident, all my prayers and sympathy to Matt's family and friends. I know that Heaven is alot brighter with this happy, go lucky soul!

I will miss you Brother

On bahalf of all my staff at the City of Poughkeepsie 911 Center our deepest sympathies to his family, Empire State Ambulance and Carmel Fire. A very tragic and sad event.

RIP in peace brother, God has called another good one home to rest.

Rest In Peace My Brother......

You were an asset to the entire EMS Community and your absence will be noticed.

It was always a pleasure running into you in class or on a job or just around town.

Smart, Eager, Fun, Witty.

You will be sorely missed by all.

Watch over us my friend.......................................

Edited by TCD0415

EMT hurt in Putnam ambulance crash has died

By TERENCE CORCORAN

THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original publication: November 8, 2007)

CARMEL - Matthew Lamb, an emergency medical technician hurt in an ambulance crash yesterday in Garrison, died this morning at Westchester Medical Center.

The 25-year-old Lake Carmel resident, a member of the Carmel Volunteer Fire Department, donated his organs.

Carmel Fire Chief Daryl Johnson said his department was devastated by the loss. Former Chief Tom Keck said the mood at the firehouse was somber last night.

"People are very upset," Keck said this morning. "He was an excellent kid: energetic and always willing to help out. He'll be missed."

Lamb was a full-time EMT for the Fishkill-based Empire State Ambulance Corp.

He was in the back of an ambulance that fellow EMT Jonathan Romero was driving north on Route 9 in Garrison around 5:15 a.m. when it went off the road and struck a tree. State police said it appeared that Romero, 27, of the Bronx, fell asleep at the wheel.

He remained hospitalized this morning at the Valhalla hospital.

The two were returning from a call when the accident happened.

A statement issued today by Empire said the company and its employees are "overwhelmed with grief" over Lamb's death.

"There are no words to express how everyone - from his many friends and fellow employees to his patients - was touched by Matt's professionalism, compassion, kindness and always-present smile," the statement said. "There can be nothing sadder than an individual dedicated to serve and help the community losing his life in such a tragic way. He will be missed and remembered forever."

To Matt's family, Jen, friends, Empire, and Carmel FD, my sincere condolences.

RIP Matt.

You will be missed.

Officers and Members of

Winona Lake Engine Co.

Newburgh, NY

Edited by 50-65

I never met you Matt, and yet I'm compelled to convey my codolences and prayers to your friends and family anyhow. I find solace in knowing that you are in an infinitely better place looking down upon those you love. As a brother you know that we will all do what we can to comfort those who were close to you in your life, during their time of sorrow.

Adittionally I would like to thank you and everyone involved in the decision, for your bodily donations. Others will live, may they understand the sacrife which was made.

God Bless.

May you rest in peace. God bless your family, your friends, your extended family in both Carmel FD and ESA and Jennifer. You touched my life for short time and your smile brightened each day I had the chance to share with you. You will be missed...

To the bodies in which you will live on....

Say not his work is done.

No deed of love or kindness ever dies,

But in the life of others multiplies.

Say it is just begun.

Rest In Peace Brother and God Bless You

All my prayers to the family of Matthew Lamb, at home, at Empire Ambulance, and in the Carmel Fire Dept. May you rest easy knowing he passed doing what he loved...helping others. Rest In Peace Brother, my best to Jen, may you be strong.

RIP Brother, Thoughts and prayers to his family

To Matt's family and to Jenn my deepest sympathies for your loss, Matt was a great person with a huge heart and he always had a smile on his face. Matt made the family that I was once a part of and still feel a strong connection at Empire a better place just by being there. Matt was one of the best EMTs and Firefighters this world has ever known. Rest in Peace Brother, You will be sorely missed.

"The soul of man is immortal and imperishable." - Plato, The Republic. Matt, we all know that everytime the tones drop or that radio keys up and we go running off to the next big one you'll be there right by our side or the next time one of your brother firefighters becomes lost in a smoke filled room the light from your immortal soul will be there to guide him out safely.

Matt love you bro and I'll never forget you,

Pete

RIP Brother. You will be with us on every call. My prayers are with you and your family.

My prayers and sympathy to Matt's Family, Friends, Carmel Fire Department and Empire State. Matt Lamb Rest In Peace and God Bless!

MY condolences to the family and friends of Matt from Ossining VAC and WEMS

You will be in my prayers Jeff

To Matt, Jen, family and friends:

Although I did not know Matt very well I just wanted to express my sincere sympathy to those who's lives he touched. I isn't fair when someone so young and with so much going for them is pulled right out from under us with no warning. I read the posts here and on Matt's myspace page and emotions got the better of me immediately. Over the recent past I have known 3 people, from birth to Matt's age that have left so suddenly - you just have to keep asking - Why? Keep the faith and Rest in Peace!!!!!!

Rest in peace our Brother... you have completed your job with us here. Thank you for all you have done and still are doing for others.

Another brave soul taken to young.

Rest in peace Matt. You were a great guy to work with and I regret not getting to know you better. My condolences to your loved ones. May they find some solace in knowing how much you are missed by all of us.

Bill