Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Hess Monster Truck Christmas 2007

11 posts in this topic

Bummer....I like the Hess emergency vehicles.....

I'll buy one for the boy though...especially since he was singiong the Hess truck song the other day!

I'll tell you, those Hess trucks are the best bang for the buck--the most durable toys. Our last two have gotten really heavy use...okay, the '05 fire truck especially heavy use...and they don't break at all. The truck and motorcycles will be a real hit in our house. My only problem is that I've got to buy it on-line and pay a premium, but it's really worth it.

Funny story, my girlfriend got me the two Hess trucks I was missing from my collection (from i think 94 to present). When they came all my friends at school were like what are those, and I was like what do you mean what are those, they're Hess trucks. After a multitude of blank stares I realized that Hess was a regional thing, which I did not know before I came to the south.

I'll tell you, those Hess trucks are the best bang for the buck--the most durable toys. Our last two have gotten really heavy use...okay, the '05 fire truck especially heavy use...and they don't break at all.

You have never been to my house. My two sons, 8 and 4.5, have pretty much destroyed every one they've gotten. They know better then to touch Daddy's toys.

If you go to e-bay they have a lot of Hess trucks up for auction. I saw a 1970 Hess fire truck(RED) up to $371 with 11 bids so far. Just saw the same truck with a buy it now at $650.

Edited by DR104

what ever happened to the hess trucks being firetrucks those were cool

You have never been to my house. My two sons, 8 and 4.5, have pretty much destroyed every one they've gotten. They know better then to touch Daddy's toys.

That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while! That cracks me up man! :lol:

I too have all but a few since 1988

In the commercial they say "The Hess truck Bigger then ever" Great, now toys for our kids are coming super sized. :blink: