Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Rochelle's New Ladder 12 Delivered Today

22 posts in this topic

New Rochelle's new Ladder 12 was delivered today, at noon, and she is a BEAUTY!!

30+ EMTBravo.com Spy Shots can be found on http://www.emtbravo.com

It's a 2007 American LaFrance Eagle 110' RM. It is built quite well, and has a TON of compartment space, layed out very practically. Carries a full compliment of ground ladders and pike poles, in a design that's a first for ALF (See photos). It's built to work, and should serve NRFD very well into the future.

I was also very impressed with all the new features that ALF has added to their aerial product.

The new Ladder 12 will be in service later this month or early next, as training needs to be done and equipment needs to be mounted by the NRFD shops. The current L-12 will become a spare.

I hear that White Plains new Ladder will be similar, and delivered in June 2008.

Again, check out the photos on EMTBravo.com (DIRECT LINK: http://www.emtbravophotos.com/SpyShots/New...leL12Dec07.html )

The rig looks nice. I cannot wait to see it drive past Iona College.

She's a Beauty!!!!!! May she give NRFD many years of great service!!!!!

Man our we gonna love having that truck in the Vern, this is just like Mount Vernon getting a new rig, since its our 3rd due truck

Treat it nice

Edited by jloftus

Good luck to the Brothers from 2 truck. I wish the truck came before my promotion so I could of rode it. I am sure it will see its share of work in New Rochelle and the Vern. Hey jloftus I hope it fits at station 3, I don't know if they took that into consideration :lol:

With the assumption that the current Ladder 12, will now become Spare Ladder 14, what will NRFD do with the Current Spare Ladder 14 (Old YFD Ladder 78) that they got from Yonkers? Will they give it back to Yonkers? Will they Junk it? Will They Sell it? or will it become another Additional Spare Ladder?

Great photos Seth!

One of the nicest looking aerials (that's actually built to work, not be in a parade) that I've seen in a long time!

One question though, on the photos posted, the first one it appears that the current Ladder 12 is in the bay? What is Ladder 12 currently operating with, or are they operating from headquarters?

Edited by FF402

Just out of curiosity... how come the tip of the new L-12 isnt painted? Is that the department's responsibility to do so?

I would venture to guess cause it has lighting at the tip. Most aerials are just a ladder with no remote controlled waterway like this one. This rig has two spot lights on it, much easier to see on a dark roof than a fluorescent pink stick.

I thought it was an NFPA requirement to have a high-vis tip

Great photos Seth!

One of the nicest looking aerials (that's actually built to work, not be in a parade) that I've seen in a long time!

One question though, on the photos posted, the first one it appears that the current Ladder 12 is in the bay? What is Ladder 12 currently operating with, or are they operating from headquarters?

I also saw Ladder 12 in the bay and was confused when I saw it. I will ask the New Rochelle Fire Commisioner the next time that I see him why Ladder 12 was in the bay.

LADDER 12 HAS BEEN STAYING AT STATION NO. 1 AT TIMES BECAUSE OF A FLOOR PROBLEM AT STATION NO. 2, SOME SIGNIFICANT REPAIRS HAVE TO BE MADE SO THET RIG MAYBE WITHJOUT A PERMENANT HOME FOR AWHILE .

IT CAN RESPOND WELL FROM STATION NO. 1 AND NOT DELAY THEIR ASSIGNMENTS TOO GREATLY

I have not been around the fire dept for the last 4 weeks and understand they are doing some work on 1 of the bays at station 2. So our normal procedure for the loss of a bay or a piece of equiptment that does not fit is to park the rig outside of station 2 during day hours and respond from station 1 at night and park it inside.

I just spoke to one of my buddies who works at station 2. He informed me that as of today, the new L12 is in service. I'll try and get some pictures

Just out of curiosity... how come the tip of the new L-12 isnt painted? Is that the department's responsibility to do so?

L12 Just got to Sta 1 a little while ago for the night. The tip is now painted Hi-Vis Orange. I tried getting a picture to post, but I can't seem to open the pictures sent from my phone on my email... It is a beautiful truck

I hope enough of the rungs and beams are painted. I'd hate not to be able to spot it when I'm cutting a roof in the VERN! :P

Finally I was able to get it to work... Here's the tip

post-721-1199721375.jpg

post-721-1199721253.jpg

post-721-1199721296.jpg

I'm glad to see that they got rid of the fog nozzle for a smooth bore.

thats one nice looking truck, best of luck with it

Smart looking truck guys. Congradulations, use it well and best wishes for a long service life!