Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Problems Loading EMTBravo.com? *UPDATE*

24 posts in this topic

Members,

Over the past few weeks, some of you may have encountered issues when trying to view EMTBravo.com's main page.

A tremendous growth in traffic to EMTBravo.com necessitated moving EMTBravo.com onto a new server with a different webhost.

Most users (with a fast broadband connection) should now notice that EMTBravo.com loads faster and does not time out. However, this change may take up to 72 hours to take effect across the internet and some visitors may encounter temporary issues during this time.

Please note if you sent email to the x635@EMTBravo.com or EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com email addresses within the past 24 hours, I may not have recieved it due to the switch. Please re-send the email, and I will answer it as promptly as I can.

We apologize to our loyal visitors and members for the problems encountered over the past few weeks when visiting EMTBravo.com. The issue should now be resolved, and we hope that you will resume checking EMTBravo.com's main page at http://www.emtbravo.com frequently.

-Seth AKA EMTBravo AKA x635

Founder & Administrator, EMTBravo.com

http://www.emtbravo.com

Email: EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com

PLEASE do me a favor, visit http://www.emtbravo.com and then post on this thread how EMTBravo.com is loading at this point for you, and please let me know how fast (or slow) it loads if it does.

def. faster then its been.

MUCH Faster now!!!

hmm... I keep getting this screen

post-4060-1197220973.jpg

it loads much faster

It's loading significantly faster here as well! Nice!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it seems to be loading fast at this point. Big relief, and I have my fingers crossed that it stays that way!

hmm... I keep getting this screen

Some users will experience temporary issues when trying to load EMTBravo.com over the next 72 hours.

My suggestion that may resolve your issue and others who may be seeing this screen:

1. Delete your temporary internet files and refresh your broswer (if still seeing the screen then -> )

2. Refresh your cache (if still seeing the screen then -> )

3. Close your browser (if still seeing the screen then -> )

4. Open your browser (preferablly MSIE or Firefox) (if still seeing the screen then -> )

5. Type in www.emtbravo.com (if still seeing the screen then-> )

6. If you are still getting the screen, try to refresh your broswer (if still seeing the screen then -> )

7. Reboot your computer and relaunch your browser.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it seems to be loading fast at this point. Big relief, and I have my fingers crossed that it stays that way!

Some users will experience temporary issues when trying to load EMTBravo.com over the next 72 hours.

My suggestion that may resolve your issue and others who may be seeing this screen:

1. Delete your temporary internet files and refresh your broswer (if still seeing the screen then -> )

2. Refresh your cache (if still seeing the screen then -> )

3. Close your browser (if still seeing the screen then -> )

4. Open your browser (preferablly MSIE or Firefox) (if still seeing the screen then -> )

5. Type in www.emtbravo.com (if still seeing the screen then-> )

6. If you are still getting the screen, try to refresh your broswer (if still seeing the screen then -> )

7. Reboot your computer and relaunch your browser.

Yup, I got rid of the temporary internet files and now its loading and its much faster :)

Ive been having some trouble still with getting onto emtbravo.com but emtbravo.net has been working fine.

I think itis working okand faster

It is much faster now and I can actually access the website now too ;) . Thanks and keep up the good work. I appreciate what you do to keep us informed and up to date with everything!

Just made a change that may take a few hours to update, so you may have difficulty accesing EMTBravo.com

Here are some steps if you are trying to bring up EMTBravo.com and get the Lunarpages page:

If you cannot view the site still please try the following:

1. clear all browser cookies, cache/temporary internet files, and history.

2. update all bookmarks related to the domain you are attempting to access.

3. reload the browser.

4. try accessing the domain(s) using http://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

5. You may need to run the following command as well, to clear dns cache:

Windows 2000:

a. go to start > run

b. type: cmd [enter]

c. at the prompt type: ipconfig /dnsflush

d. close the command prompt window.

Windows XP:

a. go to start > run

c. at the prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns

MAC:

a. open a terminal window

b. type: lookupd -flushcache

Windows 98/98SE/ME:

there is no dns cache flush option on these operating systems.

(restarting pc may help).

If this does not help, restart your pc, and try again.

If it is still not reachable, you may need to allow up to 6 hours for propagation time.

Hi Seth - from Chicago via comcast - it just did the same thing - failed 1st load - 2nd OK

Seth

I have been trying to enter on EMTBravo.com and it sent me to the follow site http://www.lunarpages.com/ and at no time does it say Emtbravo at all.

Chris

Seth

I have been trying to enter on EMTBravo.com and it sent me to the follow site http://www.lunarpages.com/ and at no time does it say Emtbravo at all.

Chris

This should be a temporary issue that should resolve overnight for all users. However, here are some steps if you are trying to bring up EMTBravo.com and get the Lunarpages page:

If you cannot view the site still please try the following:

1. clear all browser cookies, cache/temporary internet files, and history.

2. update all bookmarks related to the domain you are attempting to access.

3. reload the browser.

4. try accessing the domain(s) using http://www.megaproxy.com/freesurf/

5. You may need to run the following command as well, to clear dns cache:

Windows 2000:

a. go to start > run

c. at the prompt type: ipconfig /dnsflush

Windows XP:

a. go to start > run

c. at the prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns

MAC:

a. open a terminal window

b. type: lookupd -flushcache

Windows 98/98SE/ME:

there is no dns cache flush option on these operating systems.

(restarting pc may help).

If this does not help, restart your pc, and try again.

If it is still not reachable, you may need to allow up to 6 hours for propagation time.

The issue should now be resolved for all members.

If you need further assistance, please post on this thread or contact me via email at EMTBravo@EMTBravo.com

OK, unfortunetly this issue is not over yet.

According to the stats and webhost, EMTBravo.com is consuming a ton of resources on the server, and that will force us to upgrade to our own dedicated server, which is significantly more expensive then our current hosting plan.

The reason why we're consuming a lot of resources on the server is because EMTBravo.com uses a lot of PHP scripts to provide real time updated content on the site, such as the Incident Alerts and other feeds. Coupled with a significant spike in traffic to the site, it's either remove or limit all the feeds from EMTBravo.com, which is not the path we want to take, or upgrade as described above.

We're currently on a temporary server, and will be moving servers once I make a decision on how to proceed within the next 48 hours. When the move is made, the site may not be accesible until the new server address is transmitted across the internet.

I also want to note due to the signifcant cost factor, I will be looking to take on more sponsors- if anyone can help recruit sponsors, please contact me at x635@EMTBravo.com.

Also please note that this is consuming a lot of my time, so excuse any delay in communications with me over the next couple of days.

Visitors, we are sorry, however, this site is experiencing difficulties at this time. Please return later.

Webmaster, please contact us by email at support@lunarpages.com or via Lunarpages Helpdesk at http://support.lunarpages.com. Thank you for choosing Lunarpages (http://www.lunarpages.com).

2006 © Lunarpages Web Hosting

The site has been loading MUCH better the past couple of days! I did have to delete my cookies for it, and since then I haven't been redirected, and it's loaded nicely.