Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

East Fishkill Homicide under investigation 12/17/07

13 posts in this topic

From MidHudsonNews.com

Homicide under investigation

Hopewell Junction – East Fishkill Police are investigating an apparent homicide this morning.

For the rest of this story go to:

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/EFkl_hom1-17Dec07.htm

From the Poughkeepsie Journal

Monday, December 17, 2007

East Fishkill police investigating a homicide

By Irwin M. Goldberg and Michael Woyton

East Fishkill police are investigating the death of a woman at 121 Blue Hill Road, Hopewell Junction.

Lt. Douglas Lucy said a 911 call came in at 8:40 a.m. for a victim with a gunshot wound to the neck, but that has not been confirmed.

The victim, age 29, lived at the residence, and was dead at the scene, Lucy said. Her identity is not being released pending notification of next of kin.

For the rest of this story go to:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pb...NEWS01/71217006

nevermind it came over as a gunshot wound is anyone sure if it was a gunshot or stabbing..this is very sad

Ok, the few details that I have that I think are well enough known by now I can divulge.

This was dispatched as a person with a GSW, unknown situation ATT. PD got on scene and updated DC911, advising incoming units of a "critical situation". There was a witnessed person fleeing the scene before PD arrival, with an unknown route of travel.

I was on duty with the ambulance responding to this incident. We were staged at the end of the driveway, only PD, the Rescue Chief, and MLSS were allowed into the scene.

This is not confirmed, but from reliable sources, there were multiple wounds (unsure what kinds), and the call was terminated, with all units placed back in service, scene turned over to PD.

As more develops, and is divulged, I will post more.

Also, Channel 7, ABC, was crawling all around the scene and the PD station (which is approx. 1/4 mile away).

Edited by xfirefighter484x

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=...&id=5840062

Found dead in her home; owned by her brother

Eyewitness News

EAST FISHKILL -- Police in Dutchess County are investigating the murder of a woman inside her home. Details are still coming in. At this point, it's even unclear how she was killed.

Eyewitness News reporter Marcus Solis arrived at the scene in East Fishkill just a short time ago.

The house where the victim was found is owned by her brother. Police say he heard a commotion this morning and when he went over to investigate, that is when he made the discovery and called 911.

The murder took place before 9 o'clock this morning. A woman was found dead by her brother, in her apartment, above the garage of her brother. Police say he is the one that called and said that his sister was shot, though police say she was likely stabbed to death.

The victim was deceased at the scene. She was a 29-year-old white female, a resident of the house. She lived there and we're not quite what the wounds are caused by at this point," Lt.

State police have been assisting East Fishkill police to process the crime scene on Blue Hill Road. Meantime, investigators have been searching for the car that the suspect fled in and even requested surveillance tapes from nearby businesses.

Police say there was no sign of forced entry, leaving investigators to belive the victim likely knew her killer. No arrest have been made in this case, but police say they do have several long leads.

(Copyright ©2007 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Hopefully they find the sicko that did this. Very sad to hear. What in the world is going on in hopewell??? Just about a year ago a man killed his wife at the motel down the street. Sure am happy I moved out of there!!!

Hopefully they find the sicko that did this. Very sad to hear. What in the world is going on in hopewell??? Just about a year ago a man killed his wife at the motel down the street. Sure am happy I moved out of there!!!

Unfortunately, it's not just Hopewell these days. There's really no place in Dutchess County that can consider themselves immune to this type of thing anymore. More and more self-absorbed people out there with busy/stressful lives & a serious lack of morals. It's a real shame.

Edited by emt301

What is happening is all these people are moving up from NYC, where this stuff is a part of the daily routine, and they are bringing this s*** along with them!!

LOL. Nathan...I know you can't honestly believe that. Unless I didn't know that homicide and aggravated assaults only happened in NYC. Which by the way is not the daily routine. So average homicides they have in the City of PoK are all comitted by those who get off the train from the city? Or am I missing something where I work that most are gang related and local perps.

This is much closer in some regards...but killing has nothing to do with morals. Spontaneous killing is about raw emotions, rage, anger and loss of self control.

Look at soceity and how things are going. Drivers more aggressive. People in general are more aggressive. Movies, the "good guys" even break laws and kill and are applauded. Violent video games with similiar demographics

Well Tom, I guess it just seems that way to me. With the influx of people moving into this area, it just seems the the amount of domestics, violent crimes, and murders are increasing in this particular area.

I hear ya brother. But I don't think they are all from "NYC." Nor do I think where they come from makes a difference. People are people and with an increase in population comes an increase in call volumes no matter what emergency services discipline you are part of. All of our call volumes are going up.

Not directing this towards you obviously because we are friends...but when I first moved up here and joined my local FD I laughed at the yaking locals make towards those of us who moved from Westchester and NYC. I didn't know that there was a fence around some of the towns. But I always told them...if you don't like it why don't you move down to Westchester, the way you make it sound its the way this place "used to be." LOL. And funny enough, in some departments they are getting members from those moving from down south. More then just the "locals" that would come in. Problem is call volume is outgrowing available members in most departments.

What is happening is all these people are moving up from NYC, where this stuff is a part of the daily routine, and they are bringing this s*** along with them!!

Well Tom, I guess it just seems that way to me. With the influx of people moving into this area, it just seems the the amount of domestics, violent crimes, and murders are increasing in this particular area.

Not one locale on the face of this earth is free from crime. Didn't a East Fishkill cop bust a child predator in the act rather recently? It happens everywhere. There are no more or no less animals living in NYC than live in Dutchess, if you think otherwise maybe its time for a reality check. Statistically, the City of Poughkeepsie is more dangerous than New York City according to the FBI. This is all about the media and what gets reported and what doesn't get reported. I would suggest that far more goes on in New York City suburbs than many people would like to admit, thats why they don't get reported.

Edited by Goose

The only thing I can truly blame the people moving in to Dutchess County is the traffic. UGH! These roads just can not handle the increased volumes and the state is not doing anything about it.

BTW - the victim's name is Alicia Lewis, and they have numerous family members living on Blue Hill Rd according to ABC news

Ok, I suppose I just phrased things wrong.

it just seems that with the most recent (constant over the past 5-7 years or so), that a vast increase in the moral degradation of this area has taken place (not intending to single any particular group or anything out).

And to answer your statement/question Goose, yes, an East Fishkill PD officer DID in fact bust an individual for said offenses, unfortunately, someone who comes from the same walk of life that most of us do (a FF or EMS person) from an agency in this region.