Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Forum Moderators Vs. Posting Censures

16 posts in this topic

I assume that it was EMTBRAVO that anointed the moderators "posting gods"! Are they the only person (assuming they are real) that deems if a post is worthy of making it to the forum? I think that this is censorship, what about my 1st amenddment rights? I'm thinking about calling the ACLU but the number someone gave we was wrong 1 800 we wimpy. I called the number and the guy kept saying I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. I hung up, well if anybody can help let me know thanks.

Moderators are real, and "we" do not censor your posts, before they are posted!!

If you look, as soon as you submit the post it appears on the screen.

If you can't control yourself in a post, then the specific Moderators for those Forums can delete your post!!

This is not a center for bashing people, it's a place for knuckleheads (if the shoe fits...), to learn something about the topics in the forums, and what's going on around the county. If you can't play by the rules of this site, then maybe you should leave it, you won't be the first!!

As far as your 1st Ammendment rights go- this is a private forum and not a public news paper, so your "rights" are the ones granted to you by EMTBravo!!!!

Enough said!!!!!!!!

I assume that it was EMTBRAVO that anointed the moderators "posting gods"!  Are they the only person (assuming they are real) that deems if a post is worthy of making it to the forum?  I think that this is censorship, what about my 1st amenddment rights?

A moderator does more than just delete inappropriate posts, whether it be a member flaming or spaming. They have the capability of merging posts if there are mulitple posts on one topic. Moderators are also urged to keep forums interesting by posting new topics.

Some of the moderators were appointed because of their expertise on a topic. Others, because they have way too much free time!

Regardless of the reason, the goal of this moderator is to have keep an informative forum and to keep bashing to a minimum.

Theres this little document called the "terms and conditions;" as long as you post here, you must abide by them, as well as the various rules set up by the moderators to ensure board continuity and the free exchange of ideas. As far as being censored in your posting, there is no such thing: your posts may be edited or even deleted if they do not conform to the aforementioned rules; however, if you repost the same topic while conforming to the rules, then your post likely will not be edited/deleted. Coming from a personal standpoint, I believe that your posts and replies (such as the "wackers wacking it on the way to the hospital") have no place on this board; they detract from the overall value of EMTBravo as a place where the near 1,100 members can engage in a discussion of various emergency service issues because those comments tarnish the reputations of the Fire Fighters, EMTs, Paramedics, Cops, Dispatchers and other Emergency Services Personnel who use this website. As a member of this board, I respectfully ask that if you continue to post, Superwhacker, that you read the rules, abide by them, and post relevant issues that will encourage the free exchange of ideas without offending others.

How to be noticed on EMTB

The good way --

1. You're extremely helpful to other members.

2. You never respond to trolls or flame other users.

3. Your posts stick to the forum topic.

4. You never ever post just for the sake of posting

5. You remain reasonable when things get heated.

6. You know what it means to "Agree to disagree".

7. Pick a story and stick by it.

8. You're polite, friendly, and enjoy interacting with other people

9. If you criticize, or correct.. it's constructive criticism

10. You ALWAYS say thank you.

The bad way --

/

1. You constantly bait, flame, and swear in the forums.

2. Your posts are frequently off-topic, your questions unrelated, or repeated.

3. You like to see your name on the screen, so you

Reply to requests, already answered ..

Re-ask your question.. after only an hour ..

Start a new thread to answer a question or

4. When asked for more information, you don't reply.

5. You ask the same question.. in multiple forums.

6. You reopen topics, closed by moderation.

7. You NEVER say thank you.

8. You complain in public about Forum Moderator / Site Administrator actions.

There are clear rules posted on this board. If you don't follow the rules (or guidelines) on this board, your posts get deleted. Doesn't matter who you are, moderator, member, anyone....doesnt matter what you posted....Period.

The reason why the rules are here, and are strictly enforced, are to keep this board a healthy and positive place to discuss fire and EMS issues and events. It's too easy to let this board get out of control, and this to be one big trash-fest. That is not going to happen, nor is one member going to intentionally bother another. If a member continously violates the rules and provokes other members, then his/her posts, as well as their membership is subject to deletion without warning. Of course, that is the last thing we want to do, but it is not fair to all the members that do follow the rules and positiviely contribute to this forum. There is to much going on here, there is no time to be able to watch over certain members.

One of the many reasons why the moderators are here because this board is too big to manage completly on my own.

I don't feel like I need to say anymore, since the moderators and members who posted on this thread did an excellent job of explaining it. Thank you guys. You've given great advice for all members.

http://emtbravo.just5buckshosting.com/phpBB2/rules.php

I also am a moderator, and am very real.

As it was stated, you have the right to post. If you want to say anything you want and how, start your own forum system. Only cases of personal attacks and discussion that is immature and out of control are often edited or removed. I have yet to even remove one, often because of the talent of my fellow moderators, but I also tend to be a little more liberal and allow EmtBravo to make the call when its borderline being ITS HIS SITE. Just like any other establishment, you follow their terms and you do not always have the right to be served.

I also tend to be a little more liberal .

There's something I never thought I'd hear!! LOL PDT_Armataz_10

Jack10562,

Your "Forum Fast facts" posting are words to live by.

Your post is the best one written.I enjoyed reading it.Good job LOL.

In the words of a fine American

"Even free speech has responsibility and consequences."

x635

I too am a moderator...I have been for about a year now, and with that I will be absolutely honest and say I have never had to delete anyone's posts...Why? Because most people abide by the rules and for the most part are very respectful and generous to others. Thats the kind of board this is. If your looking to fight and start problems then go some place else....Now I am not the Moderator of the Incident Alert forum, but when Superwacker wrote about that incident about a "routine" EMS Transport to a hospital, I would have deleted it on the spot because it clearly violates the rules! Good thing Truck4 took care of that right away. Basically us moderators as a team won't delete or edit a post for the fun of it, we do it when needed, and we wont tolerate that garbage.

This is a constructive & educational forum.

Those of us whom have been members here for a while enjoy visiting and learning something new.

I don't think a single one of us looks forward to logging on and reading someone's immature rants and raves.

If you really have something to say, do it in a constructive, not destructive, way. You will earn more respect from all of us.

Don't get used to it x635.

Liberal in a sense, not as a rule! I don't hug trees nor do I drink herbal tea.

LOL.

As a graduate of ALS's FF2 course, I can attest to that! LOL

did superwhacker get whacked from the site???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-P

no..he got superwhacked.