Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Kisco Engine 102

14 posts in this topic

(Please see my post relating to this issue in the "EMTBravo Site News" forum)

I had to learn through Joe Pinto's column in the Jan-Feb edition of Fire Apparatus Journal that Mount Kisco FD is keeping the Mack CF that was recently replaced by a new Pierce, and redesignating it as Engine 102. It will be used as a spare, as well as in parades and as a public relations piece.

That is AWESOME news! A beautiful Mack CF preserved, and not eventually destined for the scrap (or rust) yard!

The Mack "E-102" will remain in service as the 3rd due engine out of station 2.

If I recall correctly, they did this (make the spare Mack E102) with the Mack that Mutuals' current Pierce replaced.

THE 1970 MACK CF ENG 104 WAS BOUGHT BY PORT CHESTER IN 1993 TO REPLACE THE E-ONE $HIT BOX UNTIL THE NEW RIG CAME IN 1994. IT LEFT PORT CHESTER ON THE BACK OF A TOW TRUCK AFTER IT WAS HIT GOING TO A HURST TOOL CALL. RYE ENG 191 CAME TO PORT CHESTER TO REMOVE THE DRIVER WITH THE HURST TOOL. THE HARD SUCTIONS HIT CARS GOING IN THE OTHER LANES OF TRAFFIC :(

That's good news. I always liked that rig. GOod luck in her life as a spare!

-Joe DA BUFF

Is either Engine 102 or Ladder 43 in service yet?

Both companies have had their new rigs for a long time yet I dont know if they are in service yet.

The old E-104 (Mack) is now in service as Engine 102. Their new E-104 (Pierce) is now in service as well. At this time, the new ladder 43 (Smeal) is not yet in service.

engine 103 cf mack was the 1970 mack that went to portchester and got t boned was later made into scrap. our 1983 cf mack is now eng. 102, the new 104 is a 2007 pierce and is in service and i must say what a big difference from 103. we are pleased with the perfomance and handling of the engine.

It's quite ironic that the last Engine 102 was the American LaFrance replaced by the 1983 Mack back then. Now that LaFrance(originally E104) was also a classic.

Where is 102 being kept, Mutual house?

That old E-104 ALF is the truck I learned how to double-clutch on. I ground-a-pound or two...until I got it figured out.

Open cab, middle of winter.... siren dimmed the lights! what a ride!

Old E-103 Mack CF, before it went to PC, now that one was a blast to drive!

Rummies!

Engine 102 is kept at the Mutual House (Sta. 2).

There was a time the entire fleet of Mount Kisco was open cab LaFrance's except for Rescue 15 and the Power Wagon!

Nothing like a MACK!

Great Fire Apparatus, I wish MACK would go back to Fire Apparatus.

GOOD NEWS!

Mutual's old CF Mack is GORGEOUS. I had the opportunity to get a close look at it during last year's Mt. Kisco parade, as one of our members was also a member of Mutual. A very well preserved piece.