Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Disposition Of New Rochelle's Former TL-11

8 posts in this topic

I was just curious as to the disposition of New Rochelle's former TL-11, which for a few years after being replaced, served as a spare. Does New Rochelle still have it, if not, where is it now?

They do not have it anymore. I do not know where it is now.

Here is a thread to a Photo of New Rochelle's Old TL11, which was retired back in 2006. I think that this was one of the reasons why NRFD borrowed Yonkers FD's Old Spare Ladder 78, to be used as their Spare Ladder (14). With NRFD getting their New Ladder 12, does anyone know if the Old Ladder 12 will now be used as Spare Ladder 14? And if so, what will become of the Loaner Ladder Truck that Yonkers gave New Rochelle to use?

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester...14_retired.html

THE OLD LADDER 11 LATER LADDER 14 HAS BEEN REFURBISHED AND NOW SERVES IN A SMALL VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT IN TENNESSEE,IT SHOULD SERVE THEM WELL.

Between the time that the Sutphen tower was retired for good, and the loaner from Yonkers came in, they were using the old Engine 18 as a "Quad." It had all the ladder equiptment, just no stick. Once the current TL-11 went out for major repairs, they picked up the old L78 so they would still have 3 true ladder trucks in service.

THE SPARE LADDER WHICH WAS REALLY A PUMPER WITH TRUCK TOOLS AND A THIRTY FIVE ATTACHED WAS KNOW AS "STEPLADDER 14"

Also known as trungine 14.... :blink:

Good thing your retired, calling it truckengine 14 was a no no. LOL

THE OLD LADDER 11 LATER LADDER 14 HAS BEEN REFURBISHED AND NOW SERVES IN A SMALL VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT IN TENNESSEE,IT SHOULD SERVE THEM WELL.

How much did you guys get for it?