Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest FFNick

What is Peekskill running for E134?

12 posts in this topic

Is it still that extra long, single axle Pierce, or did they move onto more of a traditional rescue type body with pumping capabilities?

I looked around, but I couldn't find any info on it. Thanks

Is it still that extra long, single axle Pierce, or did they move onto more of a traditional rescue type body with pumping capabilities?

I looked around, but I couldn't find any info on it. Thanks

THEY WENT TO A RESCUE TRUCK. I THINK IT HAS PUMPING CAPABILITIES BUT IT IS A RESCUE NOW

Cool - Thanks. Anyone have any details on the rig or pictures / links?

The new rescue as posted in a previous thread.

Rescue 134

Truck Information:

Body Model: Saulsbury

Body Material: Stainless Steel

Cab Make/Model: E-ONE CII

Cab Seats: 8

Engine: Detroit Series 60 515 HP

Transmission: Allison EVS4000P

Wheelbase: 206”

Waterpump: Hale AP500

post-23-1176416859.jpg

Edited by TRUCK6018

Thanks - I did a search here and came up blank, guess I wasn't asking the right questions.

Can you refer me to that link, I'm curious about a couple of things - namely if 134 runs as a Rescue, or an Engine, and if the company kept it's Still district, and what the disposition of the old rig is.

Thanks again.

Does a paid crew guys run this rig? Are there any rigs in Peekskill operated just by the Volunteers? This seems to be a Dept. that runs well with the combo status.

The career Fire Fighters drive the rigs. And a bunch of them are great guys, and good teachers.

Every rig is assigned a paid Chauff.....are there any other paid f/f's also how many stations..sorry if this has been covered before.

Rescue 134 is used as a Rescue. It has a pump that can be used if it is needed, but another Engine company covers it's traditional first due.

Peekskill FD has 6 Stations, most times only 5 are staffed by one career FF each. Two stations are ALS stations, and that Career FF is a Paramedic and does double duty either operating the Engine or the ALS Fly-Car.

One station is also staffed by a FF/EMT who will respond as a BLS Engine to assist Peekskill EMS.

Six Stations

Four Engines (E130, E131, E132, E133)

Two ALS Fly-Cars (39M1, 39M2)

One Tower Ladder (TL45)

One Rescue (R134)

Hope that helps.

Yes interesting...one question when an alarm comes in do the volunteers respond to the stations and respond like this, or do they go to scene. If the f/f is out on a als call does a volunteer Chauff respond to get the engine that is unmanned. Long Beach on LI had a signal years back that would indicate to the volunteers that the ladder Chauff was on a ambulance call and a Ladder Chauff was needed to take the ladder. Thanks for the info.

Yes interesting...one question when an alarm comes in do the volunteers respond to the stations and respond like this, or do they go to scene. If the f/f is out on a als call does a volunteer Chauff respond to get the engine that is unmanned. Long Beach on LI had a signal years back that would indicate to the volunteers that the ladder Chauff was on a ambulance call and a Ladder Chauff was needed to take the ladder. Thanks for the info.

All the volunteers in Peekskill respond directly to the scene. All the stations are manned with one career firefighter who is the driver/pump operator. When the FF responds to an ALS call with the flycar, that engine is taken out of service for all responses until the driver returns. No volunteers in Peekskill drive the apparatus. When Rescue 134 went into service. the old Pierce engine it replaced was sold.

here is a link to take a look at if you wanna see some pictures the person that did these photos is pretty good and has alot of good pics PFD Snapshot click on the new 134 link it will show you some pics of both the old and the new at Station 6. and leave him a message on is guest book.