Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

Peekskill 46.26 repeater down again?

11 posts in this topic

It seems that the lovely Peekskill 46.26 UHF cross band repeater (453.8750) is down, and it has been down for some time. When the channel is selected it sounds like it's just locked up and un operational. This frequency was awesome. It repeated 46.26 so clear and crisp, especially for me because it came directly down the Hudson River. Does anyone know what happened to it and will it be repaired?

It seems that the lovely Peekskill 46.26 UHF cross band repeater (453.8750) is down, and it has been down for some time. When the channel is selected it sounds like it's just locked up and un operational. This frequency was awesome. It repeated 46.26 so clear and crisp, especially for me because it came directly down the Hudson River. Does anyone know what happened to it and will it be repaired?

Who knows what happened to it. If you're looking for a link along the river up that way, try ours (Croton) 453.0250 or Mohegan 453.2750. I can pick it up all the way down county, same with Briarcliff which I think is 460.1125.

Crotons repeater is very good as well. Was just wondering what happened to the Peekskill one.

dumb question but if all these towns in the county use 46.26 how do u dispatch town A with out town B hearing it, is that what the tones are for?

dumb question but if all these towns in the county use 46.26 how do u dispatch town A with out town B hearing it, is that what the tones are for?

You don't. 46.26 is a busy channel. Luckily, more and more departments are taking advantage of the Fire Grounds, Trunked System and their own ops channels. Radio traffic on 46.26 is starting to get better. Those that hate hearing everyone else just leave their pagers on Alert so it only opens when their FD gets a call.

No such thing as a dumb question.

Yes, that is what the tones are for.

If you listen to a scanner on 46.26 you will hear everybody, calls being toned out, and all other communications on the channel.

However, regarding a dispatch to a pager alert system, the tones you hear will only open the selected pagers. It doesn't matter what frequency, if it's on 46.26 or any other frequency, only the agency or town being dispatched gets their pagers opened for the call.

Are these tones programmable in scanners?

No, there is no way to program the audible tones into (most) scanners.

The tones themselves are a fixed pair of sequential audio frequencies transmitted over the dispatch operating channel to open the desired receiver. In a typical voice pager the pair of tones activates the alert circuit in order for the pager to open and alert, and depending on the receiver the sequence and tone frequencies have to be correct and in the correct order.

Don't some of the new Uniden Scanners Have the tone out feature? DOes anyone know how that works. I think that the Uniden BCT-15 has it. Any more info?

Don't some of the new Uniden Scanners Have the tone out feature? DOes anyone know how that works. I think that the Uniden BCT-15 has it. Any more info?

The scanner can either be set for scan or tone out, so if you use it for tone out you are defeating the purpose of a scanner. Currently the Uniden/Bearcat BC15T, BC396T, BC996T, BR330T support this feature. See more info at Fire Tone Out Info.

You are correct, JM15, I stand corrected.

After further research, I found there are certain model Uniden scanners which support the Fire Tone Out feature: BC396T, BC996T, BR330T, and BC15T support the FTO mode.

The only thing is you can't scan and monitor FTO at the same time. And not all tone out formats are supported.