Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Cops "Shake You" With A Siren: The Latest In Siren Technology

17 posts in this topic

I know TCD in Mamaroneck has been showing it off, makes your feet shake when you stand near it. I think its a little costly (I seem to remember $500 but dont quote me). Looks worth the investment though. But then again, they can't move for a large red truck with every siren blaring. Im looking into fitting larger emergency vehicles with a forklift/pancake flipper type apparatus. You can pull right behind the non yielding vehicle, the arms come out under the car and flip it to the side. Can also be used on highways for those who think the left lane is meant for doing just below the speed limit and not moving right. Sorry for the rant, but the siren thing is cool!

I remember hearing that in a Mamaroneck Village PD car a few months back. I think it was either the supervisor car or the traffic car. Not 100% sure. It definetley caught our attention as we were coming out of the deli we were in!

From what I hear, you can get the Federal Signal Rumbler on a Q. So for all those bass lovin' firefighters. :)

Mike

That same story was on the local newslast night. I was surprised that some of the tones sound like some of the cycles of cheesy nuisance car alarms.

The PD officers interviewed said it made a difference, but I think it might be a gadget. If anyone here gets one, or gets on the wrong side of one, I'd like to hear their thoughts.

Here's another link:

Rumbler Siren - Alexandria

I remember hearing that in a Mamaroneck Village PD car a few months back. I think it was either the supervisor car or the traffic car. Not 100% sure. It definetley caught our attention as we were coming out of the deli we were in!

its funny you mention that, I remember hearing that a while back as well, I thought there was something wrong with the siren, apparently not. It really does a great job of getting your attention.

I can honestly say having used one daily that they do work!!! About 75% of my agencies patrol cars have them installed. We bought ours at a cost of about $300.00 a piece. It is a great little tool.

the village of mamaroneck has it in 2 of thier patrol cars theres one in the recently delivered car 314 and in car 311 they vibrate the vehicle

Harrison PD has the rumbler siren in a few of their patrol cars. I've experienced it twice as they went through the intersection I was sitting at. It is definitely more noticeable than the regular siren, I think they should install them in all of their patrol cars.

From what I hear, you can get the Federal Signal Rumbler on a Q. So for all those bass lovin' firefighters. :)

Mike

The Federal Signal Rumbler™ Siren is only an amplifying device and speaker for the vehicles current Electronic siren. So it will defiantly not work with the mechanical Q2B . As far as the E-Q2B™, according to the spec sheet for the Rumbler™ it states…

In order to emulate the sound of the Q-Siren®, the E-Q2B™ uses a digital

signal processor to generate signal containing a complex harmonic

structure. This complex harmonic structure makes the E-Q2B incompatible

With the Rumbler™ system.”

The new Somers ambulance which is a PL Custom is coming with one. Can't wait to see if it works and what it sounds like.

Do you feel it in the cruiser/emergency vehicle that you are sending it from too?

This product is perfect for all of the sound proof cars that we are experiencing these days. It is good for sound proof cars because the low frequency waves can penetrate glass and cause a vibration effect. The Rumbler is also ideal for intersections because the siren does not just send the sound waves out straight like most traditional sirens. It sends them out in all directions in the front. This makes it easier to be heard from all three sides of an intersection, including the sides.

The Federal Signal Rumbler™ Siren is only an amplifying device and speaker for the vehicles current Electronic siren. So it will defiantly not work with the mechanical Q2B . As far as the E-Q2B™, according to the spec sheet for the Rumbler™ it states…

MPACE, I've heard of a MECHANICAL package for the Q that does the same exact thing as this. Give me a minute or 2 and I'll see if I can come up with a link.

EDIT: After searching the Federal Signal site and firehouse.com, I can come up with nothing. So I must be wrong and you must be right.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman