Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hess1075

December EMS Test Results

46 posts in this topic

I Took the Test on the 17th of December, i believe.. Just wanted to know if anybody had recieved any Results Yet.

Thanks

I took my Paramedic refresher state exam December 13th.......No results back yet. Still waiting!

When you fail you get a letter a week or two after the test. You would have known by now if you failed it.

When you fail you get a letter a week or two after the test. You would have known by now if you failed it.

This must be something new; in the past failures were received the same day as those passing.

This must be something new; in the past failures were received the same day as those passing.

I'm pretty sure that if you fail you get a letter anywhere from 2-4 weeks and if you pass 4-6 weeks (?)...so they overlap a bit. They really need to implement some sort of automated or online result check (ie: enter your social or number).

Thanks Everybody for your replies, I appreciate it.

A friend of mine took it down at WCC and have not Heard anything back yet

If the Test does not Kill yea it is wait for the results that does it!!!!

Another day....another empty mail box. No love letters from NYS DOH. Hopefully I'll get the results before I need to recertify again! Anyone out there have better luck then me???

UPDATE: Everything was marked as of 1/17/08 and sent out. They said any day now???????

Starting to get the run around I think ;)

Yea, right....."the check is in the mail"........Snail mail, ya' gotta' love it!

When I took my test about a year ago, they told us the same thing that if you failed you would find out in around two weeks and around six if you passed. However pass or fail we all found out in about three weeks on roughly the same day.

I'm told that the DOH went back to the testing company they were using a few years back...and they were slower than the company that was used over the past few years...for one of my classes, the course sponsor got the results in just UNDER four weeks from the test date (the sponsor usually gets the results about 3-5 days sooner than the students.)

Now, that's not to say that the current testing company is still slower...

Howz that song go?? "The waaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiting is the haaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrdest part!!!"

Yup, Another day... Another Empty Mail Box...

First..I see a lot of members concerned about receiving a failure notice. Be positive brothers and sisters, unless you feel you had difficulty with the test.

Secondly..be patient, you'll get your card in due time...there is still a lot to learn before you get it and if you with good crews and operating with good medics, you will still do a lot of your skills.

Amen alsfirefighter lol! And for those of you in the greater Peekskill/Cortlandt area, may you get the chance to ride with alsfirefighter, take in as much as possible!

Hey Hess, calm down bro! You and i both know you did great and you'll make one hell of an EMT. Dont worry, in due time you'll be tech'in calls outta 259 Tate and you'll wonder why the hell you became an EMT in the first place lol!

Best of luck to all those who are awaiting their DOH letter/certs! I know all to well that waiting feeling.

Edited by BFD1054

You Couldn't Resist, Could u Swank... lol

Still nothing............AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Sound I hear: Crickets....whoa was that a tumble weed that just went down the street....lol.

Let me guess...they didn't come yesterday either did they?

Bro I have my card and have had one for 11 years...lol. I don't have to count...and to be honest I don't think I did when I took my very first test. Relax bro...its not like your waiting for the results of a cancer or HIV test. It will come and you don't even lose any time from your 3 years with the way they date them.

Otherwise...see you on the streets soon enough.

When I was waiting for results for my original certification, I had taken the test in June, middle of August, still NO WORD!! I think I received my results about 9 weeks or so after the test! Of course, that was an aberration...apparently, the person who mails the certs out was on vacation, so they sat on a desk for about two or three weeks!

It'll get here, don't worry...I'm suree you'll have your cert in hand by the end of this week!!

This is disgraceful.........6 weeks, 4 days. Its a scantron sheet. Takes a few seconds to grade and yet...6 weeks, 4 days later nothing. What do ya' think NY State would do if it took 6 weeks, 4 days for my tax check to clear?

ahh man... another Day with no Results... But it's ok, I got Approved for a Visa Platinum Card :unsure:

TOOK ME 1 DAY SHY OF 8 WEEKS TO GET ME RESULTS IN EARLY AUGUST OF 07 WOW SO LONG AGO ALL THE NAIL BITING WHILE WAITING......

BUT RELAX I JUST SAVED A TON OF MONEY ON MY CAR INSURANCE BY NOT SWITCHING TO GEICO

Oh man Hess...a Visa Platinum??? Who the hell cares about that cert card now? Ill fly if you buy...New Paltz, Albany, you name it bro, as long as you got the tab!

This is why I am doing on site scoring come March.

In my EMT class tonight, the instructor received the results from the December test.

ahh man... another Day with no Results... But it's ok, I got Approved for a Visa Platinum Card :unsure:

I have Picture from EMS Drill tonight Give my you Visa Platinum Card or it becomes Black MAIL lol

I hope the EMT cards come out soon i need a Break from Teching all the time

I hope the EMT cards come out soon i need a Break from Teching all the time

A break or a life irish? LOL. Just kidding brother...if it wasn't for you I still may be waiting for a bus from a call last Friday. lol.

A break or a life irish? LOL. Just kidding brother...if it wasn't for you I still may be waiting for a bus from a call last Friday. lol.

Haha Thanks Tom That's all right I will remember that the next time we ride a call in the cold weather as I turn the car off and lock the doors or leave it on an turn it over to A/C (Burr)

When I was waiting for results for my original certification, I had taken the test in June, middle of August, still NO WORD!! I think I received my results about 9 weeks or so after the test! Of course, that was an aberration...apparently, the person who mails the certs out was on vacation, so they sat on a desk for about two or three weeks!

It'll get here, don't worry...I'm suree you'll have your cert in hand by the end of this week!!

That 9 week thing is far from an aberration. I took on site for my original paramedic certification, but in the 4 times I've refreshed either my EMT or Paramedic, I've never received my results in less than 8 weeks and my last refresher results took almost 14 weeks. I just took the paramedic refresher in January; it will be interesting to see how long those results take (although if you're a paramedic taking a refresher and were given that test, you shouldn't be worried about it).