Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

Fatal Police Shooting - White Plains 01-25-08

17 posts in this topic

JN reporting fatal shootout in front of the County Office Building in White Plains, involving Police. It doesn't specifiy, but likely County Police as they have a presence there.

and they just did a thing on Snooze 12 that the crime rate in WPi s the lowest in 42 years. :blink: Dose this count?

1 dead in shooting near county building in White Plains

WHITE PLAINS - Police shot a man in front of a county Department of Social Services office building in White Plains shortly after 5 p.m. today.

At least one person has been killed in the incident, according to scanner

reports.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikke...mplate=printart

Edited by dadbo46

Just heard on CBS radio that the person killed was a M.V. police officer.

Just heard on CBS radio that the person killed was a M.V. police officer.

He was, his name was Christopher Ridley. I think he was in the 121st Westchester County Police Academy.

here's the news 12 story...can someone figure out what "ambulance" is shown to or from the scene?

it looks like an ambulance, but not the WP ems buses. maybe its a wp public saftey rig, i donno...

News 12

here's the news 12 story...can someone figure out what "ambulance" is shown to or from the scene?

it looks like an ambulance, but not the WP ems buses. maybe its a wp public saftey rig, i donno...

News 12

I can't get it to open, but I am going to assume that the 'ambulance' is in fact the WCPD Crime Scene Unit Vehicle.

and they just did a thing on Snooze 12 that the crime rate in WPi s the lowest in 42 years. :blink: Dose this count?

The report on the crime rate said they have had no murders in the last 5 years. Did anyone else pick up on that?

I figured the one in the gallarea garage was one.

This should be an interesting story in the end!!!!

A cops worst nightmare, to have to shoot someone, and have it be a cop to boot!

The report on the crime rate said they have had no murders in the last 5 years. Did anyone else pick up on that?

Impossible, a city of 70000 with numerous housing projects? Sounds like WP has their own version of COMPSTAT.

WHITE PLAINS - Police shot a Mount Vernon police officer in front of a county Department of Social Services office building in White Plains shortly after 5 p.m. today.

Police said two men were involved in an argument outside 85 Court St. when one of them pulled out a gun and possibly fired a shot. The noise drew the attention of officers inside the building who came out and ordered the armed man to drop the gun, police said.

Police began firing after the man did not comply. That man was a Mount Vernon police officer. He was not in uniform at the time.

Susan Tolchin, chief adviser to County Executive Andrew Spano, said she was in her office in the county building when she heard a shot and went to the window. Outside, she saw a man down and police with their guns drawn, after which she heard more shots.

The site of the offices was formerly a homeless drop-in shelter.

Numerous police officers are currently at the scene, while news helicopters hover overhead.

The scene is one block away from The Ritz.

Check back on LoHud.com for more updates on this breaking news story.

"The scene is one block away from The Ritz."

You got to love the Journal News!!!!!!! What dose the Ritz have to do with it!!!!!!Who cares that it was a block away. It was a block away from alot of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a shame, had to be some kind of trouble between the 2 initially involved. Maybe someone he previously arrested? Time and the daily rags will tell.

Impossible, a city of 70000 with numerous housing projects? Sounds like WP has their own version of COMPSTAT.

Come on, give EMS and the hospitals a little credit for keeping the murder rate down. Assaults yes, murders, no!!!

Come on, give EMS and the hospitals a little credit for keeping the murder rate down. Assaults yes, murders, no!!!

I stand corrected, I always believed the dramatic murder rate decline in NYC was mostly a result of improved EMS and Hospital care.

My thoughts are with the family of Officer Ridley and the poor brother who was involved in making a split second decision. May you all find solace.

Its not what happens..its what you say happens when you put under in the computer.

Chris nailed it...Murder rate down...aggravated assault rate..up and up and up and up and up. Modern medical improvements are helping lower the "murder" rate. Then again...I know of some that if you put in homicide or murder as a search criteria in the stats computer...anyone charged with manslaughter won't come up as a murder. Go figure.

As someone said...not much different from compstat and learning what to put dispositions of cases under. Remember crime stats effect property values...which can effect bond ratings and so on!