Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

Eli Manning...Or the Giants...?

8 posts in this topic

Sorry, I just have to rant a little here. Everywhere you look you see superbowl talk and what not, obviously with only less than a week away. But lately when people talk about the Giants its always "Eli Manning"!!! Being we are all in a brotherhood and we all promote teamwork, and there is no "I" in t-e-a-m, does it bug any of you like it bugs me? "Well Eli Manning is heading to the super bowl..." or " Its always been a Manning in the superbowl and now Eli is next"

What about the team that got him there? The offensive line that protected him? The receivers that scrambled to catch his wild passes? The running backs that got him closer to the endzone for him to throw a quick td pass? The media is making it a one man operation. Before you all go nuts, I am a Giants Fan and am extremely extatic that the GIANTS made the superbowl, but I would like to see credit where credit is due.

End of Rant. Ahhhhhhh....feel a little better, untill I see another tv or newspaper ad for "Eli Manning"!!

Thanks for listening.

Enjoy the game, have fun, stay safe.

Moose

GO GIANTS!!!

Sorry, I just have to rant a little here. Everywhere you look you see superbowl talk and what not, obviously with only less than a week away. But lately when people talk about the Giants its always "Eli Manning"!!! Being we are all in a brotherhood and we all promote teamwork, and there is no "I" in t-e-a-m, does it bug any of you like it bugs me? "Well Eli Manning is heading to the super bowl..." or " Its always been a Manning in the superbowl and now Eli is next"

What about the team that got him there? The offensive line that protected him? The receivers that scrambled to catch his wild passes? The running backs that got him closer to the endzone for him to throw a quick td pass? The media is making it a one man operation. Before you all go nuts, I am a Giants Fan and am extremely extatic that the GIANTS made the superbowl, but I would like to see credit where credit is due.

End of Rant. Ahhhhhhh....feel a little better, untill I see another tv or newspaper ad for "Eli Manning"!!

Thanks for listening.

Enjoy the game, have fun, stay safe.

Moose

GO GIANTS!!!

Excellent point, however it is nothing new... everyone seems to forget the hard work of the entire team. when TO was hurt for the cowboys they made it sound like the end of the world... they made it sound like without him the team doesn't exist... this kind of one person favorite game has been played for as long as the sport has been played itself... I hate it with a passion but thats the way the media game is played... however for people like ourselves, me being an ex lineman... I appreciate what the whole team did and not just the skills of one player... as you said, there is no I in TEAM!

after the giants win the superbowlit's off for the vatican for Eli where he will become a saint :D Go Big Blue

Excellent point, however it is nothing new... everyone seems to forget the hard work of the entire team. when TO was hurt for the cowboys they made it sound like the end of the world... they made it sound like without him the team doesn't exist... this kind of one person favorite game has been played for as long as the sport has been played itself... I hate it with a passion but thats the way the media game is played... however for people like ourselves, me being an ex lineman... I appreciate what the whole team did and not just the skills of one player... as you said, there is no I in TEAM!

Exactly bro, I mean there are so many other individual preformances that should have mention but dont, like Bradshaw, holy hell can that guy run!!! Than theres Strahan, Kiwinuka, Umenyoria, Toomer, Burress, Jacobs....they have all went above and beyond and helped this team get to where they are, but its always "Manning". And Manning didnt start to play well untill the last few games! He threw a TON of bad interceptions this year ( Looked like he was aiming for the safety on a few) and when chased he runs OUT OF the pocket and back another 10 yards so when hes sacked he ends up loosing 5-14 yards per sack. Instead of just hanging in the pocket and throwing it away or just take the sack for a SHORT loss. Just seems like they give him WAY too much credit.

Anyways, everyone enjoy the game, Im sure we will have more to say next monday!!!!!

Like any other quarterback...he is only as good as his team mates.

Welll.. From what i gather from watching espn and all these sport shows isss......

The superbowl has to be The Patriots Vs... Brett Farve and T.O.'s KFC campaign..... If i wasnt a Giant fan, I would probably have no clue they were even playing this weekend.. lol

But i like it that way.. as Long as the Keep Quiet and Play hard this weekend i'll be happy.

Teams can win without great performances from just about any position except quarterback. Defensive end, corner, reciever any of them can have a bad game and the team can overcome. Eli doesn't play well the team isn't going to win. Thats why its all about Eli and then the rest of the team.

Yeah - and that is why I never got interested in football. That and alll the time spent standing about :P

Give me some rugby or hurling anyday.