Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Baltimore Cop Under Fire For Handling Of Skateboarder

65 posts in this topic

First of all I resepect the fact that you are RETIRED PO. I don't know where you worked or who you worked with. I do find it a little condescending that you say I will find out later in my career what the needs of the job are. You have no idea how long I have been OTJ. I am pretty sure I got a grip on how I am supposed to be at work though. I watch highly respected guys on my job as well and see how they handle situations. The problem is, we are all different. You chose your way and I choose my way. EVERY SITUATION IS DIFFERENT. Whatever it takes to get me home at night is what I am going to do. Because I write a post defending what a COP did does not mean that I am going out tonight at work and doing the same thing. Maybe he got a little too mad. The yelling I don't have any problem with. You have to give respect to get respect even if you are a teenager. Talk to me as a human being and I will do the same. Talk to me like a piece of s**t and I will do the same to you. Well according to the paper, he has never had a CIVILIAN COMPLAINT in 17 years. Now I don't know if that is true, but you can bet the media will find out the truth or just make it up. On one final note. If I need back up, I don't care what kind of a COP you are. The consequences will be on that officer after I am hopefully safe.
It was not my intent to come across condescending. If it appeared that way I appologize. I am not attacking you or judging you on the time you have on the job. What I am saying is, it appears a guy like you is ambitious and intends to obtain rank. At that time you will see that it is a different world. You are not only resposible for yourself but also for all your people. There comes a time when you have to weigh the consequences. Is it really worth it? As I said before, if you got him, whether he is a juvenile or not, do him. That's the end. Don't take it personal. Life is too short and the job is much too complicated now to get caught up in the mess. Do your job and go home safe. When you have rank, you have to make sure that your people are given the best opportunity to go home safe and also without any litigation or charges being held over their heads. It doesn't matter where you are on the job, the issue still remains that you must uphold the law practically and with the utmost respect and professionalism. As always stay safe, make us proud and go home with no charges hanging over your head.

I don't think people are taking this topic to personal, I think there's a lot of people on this site that deal with these situations on a daily basis. Again, nothing was gained from this. As a police academy instructor and FTO instructor, you can only teach what you know and hope that something is retained. We can't speak for this officer, nor can we know what he was thinking at this time. He only knows, we can only make opinions. Hopefully the Baltimore Police Dept can correct this through education and training. Lets try this- Next time you see one of your local police officers, say "hello" or "hows it going today?"- Instead of something wise or derogetory. Lets not let something like this happen in OUR communities. I hope our officers will do the same back. ATTITUDE is everything.

It was not my intent to come across condescending. If it appeared that way I appologize. I am not attacking you or judging you on the time you have on the job. What I am saying is, it appears a guy like you is ambitious and intends to obtain rank. At that time you will see that it is a different world. You are not only resposible for yourself but also for all your people. There comes a time when you have to weigh the consequences. Is it really worth it? As I said before, if you got him, whether he is a juvenile or not, do him. That's the end. Don't take it personal. Life is too short and the job is much too complicated now to get caught up in the mess. Do your job and go home safe. When you have rank, you have to make sure that your people are given the best opportunity to go home safe and also without any litigation or charges being held over their heads. It doesn't matter where you are on the job, the issue still remains that you must uphold the law practically and with the utmost respect and professionalism. As always stay safe, make us proud and go home with no charges hanging over your head.

If I make anything other than Patrolman you might want to look outside and see if pigs are flying. Let's just wait and see how this plays out. Hopefully this guy can do 3 more years, get his pension then post on EMT BRAVO. LOL

I take no offense to what people write about me or my posts. THICK SKIN or STICKS AND STONES.

If I make anything other than Patrolman you might want to look outside and see if pigs are flying. Let's just wait and see how this plays out. Hopefully this guy can do 3 more years, get his pension then post on EMT BRAVO. LOL

I take no offense to what people write about me or my posts. THICK SKIN or STICKS AND STONES.

Great talking to you !! Stay safe.

Oneeyed,

As I told you earlier, "It's 10 and a 1/2 minutes that will change the rest of your life". Keep up the good work and keep doing what your doing. Be safe.

JL.